British Speedway Forum

6 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I’ve written off this season. Sticking to watching Polish league for my fix.  Try again next year. 

Pretty much the same for me. 

The recent rewind meetings have done little to rekindle any enthusiasm. 

Edited by BobC
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BobC said:

Pretty much the same for me. 

The recent rewind meetings have done little to rekindle any enthusiasm. 

I've not watched any of it, I'm totally out of the speedway mode. I'm not too optimistic about seeing any live meetings this year.

On 6/28/2020 at 9:25 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

A classic in horrible Brandon conditions if I remember correctly.  A real thriller.

Yep I was there

So was I.  I recall a few Poole fans leaving half way through. Had the P taken out of them rotten for missing the biggest comeback since Lazarus.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cityrebel said:

I've not watched any of it, I'm totally out of the speedway mode. I'm not too optimistic about seeing any live meetings this year.

I've only watched one Polish meeting and can't say I enjoyed it, maybe the lack of engine noise didn't help.

Looks like Adam Ellis has suffered a fractured wrist after coming off his bicycle.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, screm said:

Looks like Adam Ellis has suffered a fractured wrist after coming off his bicycle.

Yes he went over the handlebars going downhill on his Charity Cycle ride for Child Cancer!!  Fractured wrist plus cuts and bruises. get well soon Adam.

1 hour ago, SpeedwayPortal said:

Lets hope AFC Bournemouth have put their match at Man City well to bed by 1930 hours.  Otherwise could be a clash of priorities for some.:rofl::rofl::cheers:

23 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Lets hope AFC Bournemouth have put their match at Man City well to bed by 1930 hours.  Otherwise could be a clash of priorities for some.:rofl::rofl::cheers:

Why?  It can be viewed on You Tube any time after 7.30pm :party::party::party:

No crowds in stadiums till October, that's any hope of speedway in this country gone 

4 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

No crowds in stadiums till October, that's any hope of speedway in this country gone 

Sad, but at least now everyone knows and if possible can plan for next year. Only hope is a few challenge type matches, but can't see that happening really.

What about the 'pilot' events from August 1st that Boris referred to?  BSPL could surely propose a 'pilot' event under covid-secure guidelines at as many tracks willing to participate?!  If the pilot events are successfully staged then subsequent fixtures could then be planned.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2