British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Maybe didn't want to clash with the SEC final this evening?!

It wouldn't...you don't HAVE to watch it at 7.30pm, it can be viewed anytime after 7.30pm.  Or just don't make it available until say 8.30pm when the SEC would be done and dusted. 

Seems quite logical to me :t: 

Aaaaah logic haven't seen that on here for a while ;)

• Haha 1

most people will watch it as it happens i would think just an opinion of course :cheers:

i hear stadium staff have been furloughed until the end of september if true dont think there would have been any speedway at poole this season anyway ?

• Like 1

still hoping for an individual meeting in oct ray,perhaps a national league 4-team tournament or challenge ?? get a few quid in for the winter

16 minutes ago, poole keith said:

still hoping for an individual meeting in oct ray,perhaps a national league 4-team tournament or challenge ?? get a few quid in for the winter

That would be good 

5 hours ago, poole keith said:

One meeting a month from October through the winter according to Danny Ford in the Speedway Star today - subject to getting the right permissions from BSPL/SCB/ACU!!

Blue Riband and New Year Classic mentioned as possibilities.......

• Like 2

Well done Adam Ellis for getting the British nomination for the GP Challenge on 22nd August.

RiP Poole stadium

another notch on bill glass bedpost

Edited by ruckerroo

19 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

RiP Poole stadium

another notch on bill glass bedpost

Perhaps a little sympathy for the people who work there would have been a better comment 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What the hell has gone on as I’ve just seen this tweeted by someone in the greyhound community 

BREAKING NEWS POOLE STADIUM CLOSED! Not the news I wanted to bring to you this evening. Hopefully there is a few avenues we can try to go down, but a meeting was held this evening which has resulted in the closure of the stadium. More news to follow...

17 minutes ago, ray c said:

Perhaps a little sympathy for the people who work there would have been a better comment 

Stadiauk/ gaming international are a feral organisation. Alleycat morals

When Belle Vue greyhound stadium closed giving a final reason of financial problems due to no public being allowed, I feared how many others could follow.

12 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

Stadiauk/ gaming international are a feral organisation. Alleycat morals

I’m told they only lease the stadium & Then sublease it to Poole Speedway. 

• Like 2

BCP Council own the stadium.

The land was left to the council by Lady Wimborne for sports use only. It just can't be knocked down and built on.

The earlier tweet relates to the greyhounds only not the speedway. The car park and children's nursery are still operating as normal.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1