British Speedway Forum

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 3:21 PM, RobMcCaffery said:

How the hell can you be that certain? . 

Osbourne Clark is   involved .

6 hours ago, orion said:

Osbourne Clark is   involved .

His name is Clarke Osborne!

2 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

His Grandad isn't Ozzie and mum Kelly by any chance? Av not seen the Osborne's for a while...

Regards 

THJ 

Mum is Sharon Kelly is the dowta & jack is the son big man

• Confused 1

Apparently its allegedly official that the Greyhounds are finished at Poole, will be interesting to see if the Greyhound operation continue with the lease, or will somene else take it on..

4 hours ago, greyhoundp said:

Apparently its allegedly official that the Greyhounds are finished at Poole, will be interesting to see if the Greyhound operation continue with the lease, or will somene else take it on..

The Stadia UK statement on 22nd September confirms that greyhounds will NOT return!!

However the statement also says that a small Management Team will remain on site to continue the other businesses and to investigate additional alternative activities.

actually skids i thought the statement from mr osborne was as good a news that poole speedway could have hoped for (ie"continue the other businesses") I think its pretty clear they intend to fullfill the legal obligations of their lease,so consequently no room for matts "consortium" but that wouldnt be necessary if the stadium is available for speedway anyway.An interesting point (initially raised by ts as r&r ) is what are these "alternative activities" ??

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, poole keith said:

actually skids i thought the statement from mr osborne was as good a news that poole speedway could have hoped for (ie"continue the other businesses") I think its pretty clear they intend to fullfill the legal obligations of their lease,so consequently no room for matts "consortium" but that wouldnt be necessary if the stadium is available for speedway anyway.An interesting point (initially raised by ts as r&r ) is what are these "alternative activities" ??

I would say all on hold till at least next march at the earliest with covid 

Browsed through some old, excellent Backtrack mags and found an article on Bristol (Eastville).  There was a pic of Exeter (& Bristol) promoters Wally Mawdsley & John Richards, Pat Tapson, Eastville stadium manager I believe, and Clark Osborne (connected with Bristol greyhounds ?).  Likelihood the same Osborne being discussed herewith....

14 minutes ago, martinmauger said:

Browsed through some old, excellent Backtrack mags and found an article on Bristol (Eastville).  There was a pic of Exeter (& Bristol) promoters Wally Mawdsley & John Richards, Pat Tapson, Eastville stadium manager I believe, and Clark Osborne (connected with Bristol greyhounds ?).  Likelihood the same Osborne being discussed herewith....

Clark Osborne One and the same, he is the main man at Stadia Uk ie Swindon, Poole, and the former Milton Keynes, Reading, Bristol operations and current Torquay Fc..

7 minutes ago, greyhoundp said:

Clark Osborne One and the same, he is the main man at Stadia Uk ie Swindon, Poole, and the former Milton Keynes, Reading, Bristol operations and current Torquay Fc..

still own milton keynes bowl i beiieve 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, poole keith said:

With no dogs, the dog track could either be done away with or be tarmaced and changed into a motocross/stocks circuit? The speedway track could be moved out maybe? The centre green could also be used for concerts/exhibitions/car shows/Karting (like Oxford)?. No doubt there are other activities that greater minds than mine can suggest.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

The Stadia UK statement on 22nd September confirms that greyhounds will NOT return!!

However the statement also says that a small Management Team will remain on site to continue the other businesses and to investigate additional alternative activities.

snail racing or pig rodeo ?

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

With no dogs, the dog track could either be done away with or be tarmaced and changed into a motocross/stocks circuit? The speedway track could be moved out maybe? The centre green could also be used for concerts/exhibitions/car shows/Karting (like Oxford)?. No doubt there are other activities that greater minds than mine can suggest.

the greyhound track cant be changed into a stocks track skids unless the cars went around in single file! any stock car track  at the stadium (if you could  get the fixtures) would have to incorporate the dog track and speedway track,needs an established stocks promoter to take it on and finance it,they of course would need a decent lease from stadia uk.i know there can be problems with speedway and stocks working together, but personally id be very happy with stocks and speedway at the stadium,and it should make it viable for the landlords

the traditional poole november fair could return as well. which was a highlight when i was young i am sure stadia uk have got lots of ideas in the pipeline when covid is under control :t: