British Speedway Forum

27 minutes ago, ray c said:

the traditional poole november fair could return as well. which was a highlight when i was young i am sure stadia uk have got lots of ideas in the pipeline when covid is under control :t: 

They will have just one idea- get out of there with the least possible cost to them.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

They will have just one idea- get out of there with the least possible cost to them.

Dont think you are correct on that one we shall see

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ray c said:

Dont think you are correct on that one we shall see

I wouldn`t believe anything that comes out of a Stadia spokespersons  mouth !! They ran Greyhound racing- they are now not. They will be gone !!

6 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

I wouldn`t believe anything that comes out of a Stadia spokespersons  mouth !! They ran Greyhound racing- they are now not. They will be gone !!

I couldnt agree more. I dont trust them any further than the end of my nose.

Money is all they are interested in.

Edited by BobC

9 minutes ago, BobC said:

I couldnt agree more. I dont trust them any further than the end of my nose.

Money is all they are interested in.

What do you think they will get out of poole stadium then  nothing 

what they will get out of the stadium ray is their "cut" out of the development of the stadium car park,probably as r&rsays they will then be gone,hopefully the stadium itself(not available for development) will by then be viable and someone will jump in

• Like 1

thats it then with the bcp council going back into conservative hands.  affordable homes on there way for the people of poole then ii dont think happy days . dont think matt  would be able to put a consortium together to run the stadium  ? 

It all depends on

1 how long the lease is

2 if Gamimg or whoever have or will be in breach of it

3 if not then can then continue to pay the rent and continue with the sublets or will they look to surrender the lease 

The Council don't want to have the lease back (their acting leader said in FB interview last week that there were still 40 years left on it and it must still include a sports/leisure facility!!) as they do not have the cash nor the inclination to develop the site themselves.

It needs a strong financial proposal for the whole site to include a stadium, housing and whatever else in order for the Council to show enough interest for it to go forward into the formal planning process.  GI have shown no interest in putting such a proposal forward and for the moment at least seem content with taking income from speedway, car park, Nursery and other functions and one-off activities (not sure if they still have the Motorbike training and instruction classes)?

7 hours ago, ray c said:

the traditional poole november fair could return as well. which was a highlight when i was young i am sure stadia uk have got lots of ideas in the pipeline when covid is under control :t: 

Use to love the fair there when I was younger 

Also featured on BBC South Today last evening.  Good coverage by the Beeb in our local area to be fair.

(ps. New BCP Council leader to be elected later today!!)

I wonder what facilities stadia uk will provide to run the meetings bar restaurant and food outlets etc .with all staff having been made redundant ?

5 hours ago, ray c said:

I wonder what facilities stadia uk will provide to run the meetings bar restaurant and food outlets etc .with all staff having been made redundant ?

The more expanded statement in Speedway Star says the discussions with GI are ongoing particularly regarding exactly what facilities GI will have open and staffed and which ones Poole Speedway will need to operate themselves.

Matt Ford states that he would be prepared to run speedway without the glass grandstand/restaurant/bars open!!!!!!

8 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

The more expanded statement in Speedway Star says the discussions with GI are ongoing particularly regarding exactly what facilities GI will have open and staffed and which ones Poole Speedway will need to operate themselves.

Matt Ford states that he would be prepared to run speedway without the glass grandstand/restaurant/bars open!!!!!!

John davis it is then

• Haha 1