British Speedway Forum

7 hours ago, jenga said:

forget it for this year (2021).   2022 might give you something to look forward to !

i think theres a realistic chance of speedway this yr jenga, Im taking a punt that a government which has pretty much got everything wrong or at best timed most things badly, must eventually get lucky and get something right ! that something being the vacc rollout,heres hoping.The only things that would dampen my optimism would be matt hancock saying he was in control and confident or bojo saying we are the best in the world at vaccinating !!!

• Like 1

But the vac rollout is scheduled to finish in autumn. 
If I was you get ready to be disappointed, no Speedway until late in the year, maybe non like last year (except for a few events).

BSPA should be planning for different scenarios including full season and a very short season. If it’s a short season meaning meetings twice a week, are people going to be able to afford £20 plus per meeting? Streaming will be a necessity, with £8 max, but Speedway promoted to encourage more viewers.

2 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

But the vac rollout is scheduled to finish in autumn. 
If I was you get ready to be disappointed, no Speedway until late in the year, maybe non like last year (except for a few events).

BSPA should be planning for different scenarios including full season and a very short season. If it’s a short season meaning meetings twice a week, are people going to be able to afford £20 plus per meeting? Streaming will be a necessity, with £8 max, but Speedway promoted to encourage more viewers.

i see what you are saying. if the government dont get people spending money soon as a country we will be bankrupt . catch twenty two situation i reckon

Assuming we get some speedway with some crowds at some point, does Swindon's decision mean that Poole can use Adam Ellis after all?!

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Assuming we get some speedway with some crowds at some point, does Swindon's decision mean that Poole can use Adam Ellis after all?!

Maybe in the top flight? as I'm sure Adam will look to move top flight team if not. 

Been quite a while since I have been on except occasional look in.

If I recall, last I saw was that the Fords were supposed to be negotiating with the Stadium owners to see IF they would allow them to race on the now virtually disused Stadium in 2022 after the owners near enough permanently removed Greyhound racing.

Saw comments about possibility racing may be allowed but without use of restaurant facilities etc but can't recall seeing anything definitive.

Does anyone know anything definitive on the position or is it that there is still a doubt that racing will ever be allowed back with what was back then talk of possible redevelopment of the site even though there was supposed to be a facility for sporting activity allowed.

Excuse if I am wrong as the only comments seen recently are from contributors who indicate as if  we are going to be racing. Maybe I have missed news ??

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Been quite a while since I have been on except occasional look in.

If I recall, last I saw was that the Fords were supposed to be negotiating with the Stadium owners to see IF they would allow them to race on the now virtually disused Stadium in 2022 after the owners near enough permanently removed Greyhound racing.

Saw comments about possibility racing may be allowed but without use of restaurant facilities etc but can't recall seeing anything definitive.

Does anyone know anything definitive on the position or is it that there is still a doubt that racing will ever be allowed back with what was back then talk of possible redevelopment of the site even though there was supposed to be a facility for sporting activity allowed.

Excuse if I am wrong as the only comments seen recently are from contributors who indicate as if  we are going to be racing. Maybe I have missed news ??

Danny Ford has announced publicly today that Pirates still intend to run in the 2021 Championship - whatever the agreed format at tomorrow's AGM.

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Danny Ford has announced publicly today that Pirates still intend to run in the 2021 Championship - whatever the agreed format at tomorrow's AGM.

Hi Skidder

Thanks, have just read the Echo article.

However he has intimated that, as has his dad for months if I recall. This at least clarifies the position in respect of fielding a team. It doesn't clarify though if he has successfully negotiated that the stadium can be used ongoing in 2021 to continue racing. Last i can remember that had to still be done as there was uncertainty on what facilities may or may not be available as also the case on staffing levels if any ?? The last article I saw said there were still many months before they had to conclude/complete that discussion.

Just a bit concerned that as the stadium owners no longer have the more lucrative Greyhound racing there any more, if there may be a more ulteria motive to turn it into commercial or housing development in the long term which would be far more lucrative for them IF they could get around the covenant regarding having to offer a sports facility ??

Hopefully not, but having witnessed as a born & bred East Londoner so many Speedway venues/stadia closed over the last 50 years including my more local and last surviving Lakeside and add more recently the now bulldozing at Rye House then I am wary of all of these Stadium/Land owners.

So with the new rules announced which Poole rider loses his place ??.

Will it be Ben Cook as Kelleher has high media profile and invested a lot of money in equip Josh Mac seems fairly settled when in UK.

Also is Adam Ellis situation resolved on whether he will even be riding UK with the new Polish Rules. Isn't he committed to POL/SWE/DK ??

Wonder who the young Brit will be bearing in mind most of the decent ones were already signed up by most of the others as Poole chose the Aussie route.

Finally and nobody has answered this question when I put it on the forum recently. Danny Ford has announced he intends to put a team out in 2021 BUT and it is a big BUT, has he actually reached an agreement with the Stadium owners on whether they actually will agree to let Poole ace on at the Stadium, bearing in mind the main revenue driver (Greyhounds) have stopped and most of the facilities either won't or maybe won't be available in future Main restaurant/food outlets/Stadium Staff etc. Still have my reservations on whether its the owners intentions to somehow try and get around any covenants to try and get the site redeveloped.

When Matt Ford went public later part of last year after Greyhound closure he was bullish about going into negotiations with maybe consortia to maybe discuss taking over the Stadium or having positive discussion outcomes on having speedway continue there. Have seen nothing in the media to my knowledge informing how that went. Or if it was concluded.

6 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

So with the new rules announced which Poole rider loses his place ??.

Will it be Ben Cook as Kelleher has high media profile and invested a lot of money in equip Josh Mac seems fairly settled when in UK.

Also is Adam Ellis situation resolved on whether he will even be riding UK with the new Polish Rules. Isn't he committed to POL/SWE/DK ??

Wonder who the young Brit will be bearing in mind most of the decent ones were already signed up by most of the others as Poole chose the Aussie route.

Finally and nobody has answered this question when I put it on the forum recently. Danny Ford has announced he intends to put a team out in 2021 BUT and it is a big BUT, has he actually reached an agreement with the Stadium owners on whether they actually will agree to let Poole ace on at the Stadium, bearing in mind the main revenue driver (Greyhounds) have stopped and most of the facilities either won't or maybe won't be available in future Main restaurant/food outlets/Stadium Staff etc. Still have my reservations on whether its the owners intentions to somehow try and get around any covenants to try and get the site redeveloped.

When Matt Ford went public later part of last year after Greyhound closure he was bullish about going into negotiations with maybe consortia to maybe discuss taking over the Stadium or having positive discussion outcomes on having speedway continue there. Have seen nothing in the media to my knowledge informing how that went. Or if it was concluded.

With fixtures due out in a matter of days, I doubt Danny or Matt will announce them without some sort of firm agreement with Stadia UK as well as the backing of BCP Council?

• Like 1

Nathan Stoneman is available as the number 7 as Somerset aren't racing, would be very strong judging by what everyone else is rumoured to have down there

And if Adam Ellis is not available, you'd have 10.77 to replace him... Can one of their Aussies from the Elite days fit in there? Or maybe a double change, with either Zane, Josh or Stefan losing their place... Poole won't field a team 2.97 under the limit...

Edited by Dandelion

2 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Nathan Stoneman is available as the number 7 as Somerset aren't racing, would be very strong judging by what everyone else is rumoured to have down there

And if Adam Ellis is not available, you'd have 10.77 to replace him... Can one of their Aussies from the Elite days fit in there? Or maybe a double change, with either Zane, Josh or Stefan losing their place... Poole won't field a team 2.97 under the limit...

What would Chris Holder’s converted average be?..:lol:

2 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Might depend on whether Stefan is on the 'Rising Star' list??

Also Ben Cook may be at risk especially as brother Zach won't be at Somerset?

15 minutes ago, scottyfan said:

What would Chris Holder’s converted average be?..:lol:

Depends what his 2017 average of 7.16 converts to and/or what reduction the BSPL would agree to?!

Quite apart from what leagues he is already committed to?

Edited by Skidder1