British Speedway Forum

19 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Depends what his 2017 average of 7.16 converts to and/or what reduction the BSPL would agree to?!

Quite apart from what leagues he is already committed to?

Now Chris Holder would be a massive signing and statement - But unsure of his converted average. 

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Depends what his 2017 average of 7.16 converts to and/or what reduction the BSPL would agree to?!

Quite apart from what leagues he is already committed to?

Chris has contracts with Torun and Indianerna. 

14 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Might depend on whether Stefan is on the 'Rising Star' list??

Also Ben Cook may be at risk especially as brother Zach won't be at Somerset?

You feel like it must currently be a miserable time in the Cook household? ........funny im sure thats been said a few times before :D

14 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I'm sure Chris Holder will be riding in Poland though, so would rule him out? 

From Championship racing pretty much yes - as I would imagine it would be hard to accommodate his Friday or Sunday league commitments in Poland vs the away tracks in the Championship.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

From Championship racing pretty much yes - as I would imagine it would be hard to accommodate his Friday or Sunday league commitments in Poland vs the away tracks in the Championship.

I may have missed some movements but...

IF Ellis was not racing UK Champ and with Somerset not riding (as well as Swindon). What possibilities of squeezing in Anders Rowe (if not already signed up elsewhere). Remember he was due to ride I believe Swind & Somerset and also what about Rory Schlien ??.

Anders is arguably one of the top 4/5 British youngsters coming through. Maybe top 2/3 ??

Rider to go Ben Cook but with his brother Zach losing Somerset maybe not keen to come on his own to Uk anyway ??

Thoughts ??

Danny is saying one change only?! which is a little strange what with the Ellis situation.

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

Danny is saying one change only?! which is a little strange what with the Ellis situation.

Ellis has a special clause in his contract when it comes to Poland which allows him to do more leagues so Adam should be lining up for the Pirates as planned.

2 hours ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Ellis has a special clause in his contract when it comes to Poland which allows him to do more leagues so Adam should be lining up for the Pirates as planned.

My understanding is in the POL 2nd Div you are allowed a total of 3 leagues incl POL. I thought I read he had signed up in POL/SWE/DK. That would already have made even Swindon a doubt ?? before they withdrew from 2021. Had they been racing then for sure the POL rules would not have allowed 2 UK leagues even IF he say dropped DK to squeeze Swindon in as his third league.

Raises various questions such as: Will he race POL/SWE/DK as his max 3 leagues. Doesn't matter what he may have signed to, POL Authorities dictate the max leagues he can race in if he wants to keep POL. Will he try and sign for another British Prem side in 2022 as surely will be in demand ?? which would mean can't race for Poole anyway unless he drops DK & SWE. 

Would he drop both SWE or DK to race for Poole if he does sign for another Prem team. 

Will be interesting to see how this develops in coming week/s.

Also IF Matt/Danny had negotiated with the Stadium owners to race at the track in 2021 I am surprised not a peep out of either of them in the press. We all know the Fords are masters of spinning positive news to them to keep Poole in the spotlight. bearing in mind Matt had plenty of words in the Echo end last season about getting into negotiations with plenty of time before 2021 started after all the negative comments about possible stadium closure after the permanent removal of Greyhounds.  One would have thought he and Danny would be fast out the blocks to announce the future at the track (at least short term) had been secured for 2021.

Just a long shot thought BUT, you dont think that Plymouth could have a roll to play in 2021 with a switch from Poole Stadium for the team etc if there were doubts. Only mention it in view of the Plymouth situation to join Champ being under review ??. Of course one for the conspiracy theorists ;)

Just noticed the normally well informed THJ has left Ellis out of the team in the forum subject for Champ Teams for 2021 but left Ben Cook in. I assume he concurs like I that he won't be here under the max 3 league POL rule for POL 2nd Div riders.

If we were to assume (just for this debate) that Ellis was not riding Champ, plus Cook left out, then if  Anders Rowe as a young 18 year old Brit was reassessed as a young 3 star Brit then the points would indeed allow Schlein & Rowe in under the limit. Both just switch over from Somerset for the season.

Geographically one would assume no problem for either as Rowe was due to do Swindon & Somerset and Schlein would have done Somerset for his last season in UK together with Wolves in Prem ??

More food for thought. Unless of course has has signed POL which I assume blows that one up possibly. Maybe not though if not doing SWE/DK.

1 minute ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Just noticed the normally well informed THJ has left Ellis out of the team in the forum subject for Champ Teams for 2021 but left Ben Cook in. I assume he concurs like I that he won't be here under the max 3 league POL rule for POL 2nd Div riders.

If we were to assume (just for this debate) that Ellis was not riding Champ, plus Cook left out, then if  Anders Rowe as a young 18 year old Brit was reassessed as a young 3 star Brit then the points would indeed allow Schlein & Rowe in under the limit. Both just switch over from Somerset for the season.

Geographically one would assume no problem for either as Rowe was due to do Swindon & Somerset and Schlein would have done Somerset for his last season in UK together with Wolves in Prem ??

More food for thought. Unless of course has has signed POL which I assume blows that one up possibly. Maybe not though if not doing SWE/DK.

As said think Schlein destined for Birmingham less travelling 

2 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

May I please have a glass of whatever you are drinking???:party:

9 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

May I please have a glass of whatever you are drinking???:party:

Well you have to admit Skidder, the Poole Forum has been a pretty dull place the last ??? months. At least it cultivates some thought provoking ideas ;).

Would you be privvy then to some inside info on an agreement on the stadium and in the know on Adam returning then ?? Being involved as a regular sponsor you normally have your ear close to the ground on these things ;)

By the way its a large glass (or several) of Pinot Grigio. One way of keeping sane (or is it insane) in this pandemic :cheers:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Well you have to admit Skidder, the Poole Forum has been a pretty dull place the last ??? months. At least it cultivates some thought provoking ideas ;).

Would you be privvy then to some inside info on an agreement on the stadium and in the know on Adam returning then ?? Being involved as a regular sponsor you normally have your ear close to the ground on these things ;)

By the way its a large glass (or several) of Pinot Grigio. One way of keeping sane (or is it insane) in this pandemic :cheers:

By the way if Anders Rowe is not on the radar, then where does one think such a talent may end up as he has lost his Prem & Champ rides thru no fault of his own. Such a talent should surely be snapped up and I thought he was a Weymouth, Dorset lad so would make perfect sense to tie up with Poole. The guy has plenty of talent for sure at only 18