British Speedway Forum

I thought bjarne retired

8 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

I thought bjarne retired

So did Crump, but people can come out of it if they want! During the first lockdown when Poole showed title winning highlights and talked to the main riders from that season along with sometimes management, Matt was trying to get Bjarne to agree to ride in the Championship! Maybe he has worn him down! IDK.

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

So did Crump, but people can come out of it if they want! During the first lockdown when Poole showed title winning highlights and talked to the main riders from that season along with sometimes management, Matt was trying to get Bjarne to agree to ride in the Championship! Maybe he has worn him down! IDK.

and with the way things are heading on 'Coronavirus st.',,, it wouldn't surprise me if many try and make the most of what might be left.

On 22/01/2021 at 3:56 PM, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Just noticed the normally well informed THJ has left Ellis out of the team in the forum subject for Champ Teams for 2021 but left Ben Cook in. I assume he concurs like I that he won't be here under the max 3 league POL rule for POL 2nd Div riders.

If we were to assume (just for this debate) that Ellis was not riding Champ, plus Cook left out, then if  Anders Rowe as a young 18 year old Brit was reassessed as a young 3 star Brit then the points would indeed allow Schlein & Rowe in under the limit. Both just switch over from Somerset for the season.

Geographically one would assume no problem for either as Rowe was due to do Swindon & Somerset and Schlein would have done Somerset for his last season in UK together with Wolves in Prem ??

More food for thought. Unless of course has has signed POL which I assume blows that one up possibly. Maybe not though if not doing SWE/DK.

Sorry Steve as I don't want to mislead anyone... I have had no craic about Poole whatsoever and I only left Ellis out following info I have read on here and putting 2 and 2 together that Ellis would be riding in Poland so it is pure guess work that may eventually add up to 5 rather than 4... 

I think there will be potential changes to the Poole line up other than the mandatory RS Reserve but as to who it will be is purely speculative on my part at the moment... I basically copied over the original lost 2020 season line ups as clubs were going to try and run with their original 2020 7's which we now know will not be possible for several teams in the league... so I can add him in an wait or just wait until an official announcement comes along but it's still to be confirmed to be fair...

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 1

Got to say that unless Nielsen is classed as a rising star, Pirates options look limited for the RS position. Could Rowe, Bowtell, Atkins or Stoneman still be possibilities?

12 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Sorry Steve as I don't want to mislead anyone... I have had no craic about Poole whatsoever and I only left Ellis out following info I have read on here and putting 2 and 2 together that Ellis would be riding in Poland so it is pure guess work that may eventually add up to 5 rather than 4... 

I think there will be potential changes to the Poole line up other than the mandatory RS Reserve but as to who it will be is purely speculative on my part at the moment... I basically copied over the original lost 2020 season line ups as clubs were going to try and run with their original 2020 7's which we now know will not be possible for several teams in the league... so I can add him in an wait or just wait until an official announcement comes along but it's still to be confirmed to be fair...

Regards 

THJ 

I think Ellis situation may be dictated by which overseas leagues he rides in. If he goes down the POL/SWE/DK route then as a POL 2nd Div rider he can't do UK. The POL rules are clear on that. Believe he has signed in all 3 of those leagues so to do UK he would need to drop one. Also if he were to get another Prem club now Swindon not riding in 2021 then he wont do Champ anyway as no way I see him dropping POL/SWE. Just my opinion. Maybe Ellis news being kept quiet while the Ford's try to resolve alternative arrangements ?? Hope not but would not surprise me.

I chose Ben Cook as if his Bro not doing UK now Somerset not riding would he come over alone ??. Also Danny already advised that change/s are needed due to new rules so Ben was an easy target guest for me to choose as who makes way to meet the RS requirement.

Let's hope the Fords clarify for us soon. Incredible to see how forward thinking teams like Eastbourne now look so attractive with their UK 1-7 and so many rising stars in the team. Let's hope Poole can give the fans something to look forward to.

Edited by STEVEHOLS54
Changed N/L to Champ
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I think Ellis situation may be dictated by which overseas leagues he rides in. If he goes down the POL/SWE/DK route then as a POL 2nd Div rider he can't do UK. The POL rules are clear on that. Believe he has signed in all 3 of those leagues so to do UK he would need to drop one. Also if he were to get another Prem club now Swindon not riding in 2021 then he wont do Champ anyway as no way I see him dropping POL/SWE. Just my opinion. Maybe Ellis news being kept quiet while the Ford's try to resolve alternative arrangements ?? Hope not but would not surprise me.

I chose Ben Cook as if his Bro not doing UK now Somerset not riding would he come over alone ??. Also Danny already advised that change/s are needed due to new rules so Ben was an easy target guest for me to choose as who makes way to meet the RS requirement.

Let's hope the Fords clarify for us soon. Incredible to see how forward thinking teams like Eastbourne now look so attractive with their UK 1-7 and so many rising stars in the team. Let's hope Poole can give the fans something to look forward to.

Not that it matters much but in Denmark their season is being virtually cut in half. Adam is signed as a 'B" rider - therefore maybe only a squad member?

16 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

It may be that they have both agreed to ride in someone's testimonial at Poole?;);)

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

It may be that they have both agreed to ride in someone's testimonial at Poole?;);)

You mean Middlo's testimonial? No offence to Middlo, but I'd hardly say that is 'exciting news' for that rider! Maybe that is just me though ;):) I would have thought it was a season committment rather than just one meeting? Or maybe Matt and the named riders are easily excited?? :o;)

14 minutes ago, screm said:

So a few or at least some changes reading the article.

The new young Brit rule would have meant one change, but he has himself (as I did) eluded to the POL rule. I only see one rider affected as neither King/Worrall ride POL. Surely has to be Ellis. If so going to be interesting where he conjours up a new heat leader.

I calculate he uses 28.24 for 5 riders (King/Worrall/Nielsen/Kelleher/Josh Mac. That leaves 12.76. Meaning a heavy 10.76 plus a 2 rising star or 9.76 plus a 3 rising star.

Thankless task imo at this late stage considering a lot of the top riders commited elsewhere as have most of the decent rising stars. This on top of those not returning.

Bjarne P may not be the craziest of thoughts ?? His final Elite GSA in last season in UK in 2015 was 6.55 which at 1.6 = 10.48 less any reductions for not having ridden UK in 5 seasons. Maybe as a favour willing to help Poole out in his last season ??. Not an impossible thought even if unlikely to some. Not convinced he would be as good as having Ellis who is still on the up.

We shall no doubt see in next week or so.

2 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

So a few or at least some changes reading the article.

The new young Brit rule would have meant one change, but he has himself (as I did) eluded to the POL rule. I only see one rider affected as neither King/Worrall ride POL. Surely has to be Ellis. If so going to be interesting where he conjours up a new heat leader.

I calculate he uses 28.24 for 5 riders (King/Worrall/Nielsen/Kelleher/Josh Mac. That leaves 12.76. Meaning a heavy 10.76 plus a 2 rising star or 9.76 plus a 3 rising star.

Thankless task imo at this late stage considering a lot of the top riders commited elsewhere as have most of the decent rising stars. This on top of those not returning.

Bjarne P may not be the craziest of thoughts ?? His final Elite GSA in last season in UK in 2015 was 6.55 which at 1.6 = 10.48 less any reductions for not having ridden UK in 5 seasons. Maybe as a favour willing to help Poole out in his last season ??. Not an impossible thought even if unlikely to some. Not convinced he would be as good as having Ellis who is still on the up.

We shall no doubt see in next week or so.

You don't get a reduction for not riding in the UK. You get one for not riding at all. However if the average is more than 3 years old you can apply to have it re-assessed.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

His final Elite GSA in last season in UK in 2015 was 6.55 which at 1.6 = 10.48

Quick question...

Why 1.6 as a conversion rate? I thought it was 1.5... anyone clarify?

Regards 

THJ 

10 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Quick question...

Why 1.6 as a conversion rate? I thought it was 1.5... anyone clarify?

Regards 

THJ 

The conversion rate went up last season I believe. Started at 1.5 but moved to 1.6 later in the year as planned. That's why Edinburgh brought masters in for the last few meetings as they couldn't really progress and he'd get a true championship average over a converted one

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1