British Speedway Forum

2 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

The conversion rate went up last season I believe. Started at 1.5 but moved to 1.6 later in the year as planned. That's why Edinburgh brought masters in for the last few meetings as they couldn't really progress and he'd get a true championship average over a converted one

That’s not the case, see http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/news.php?extend.35805

2 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Ahh so it didn't change during the year it was just set out to change the following year.

I'm guessing it isn't moving to 1.7 this year!

That's correct, no mid-season change.

Like you, I assume it stays at 1.6 for 2021 although I've not seen it written anywhere

4 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Just had confirmation it's 1.5

Confirmation from where?

30 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Ahh so it didn't change during the year it was just set out to change the following year.

I'm guessing it isn't moving to 1.7 this year!

Good to see the last implementation of a 5 year plan is in full swing.....

So Danny Ford announces there will be 'a few changes' to the Poole 1-7!!!

32 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Rory and Danyon

8 minutes ago, HGould said:

Rory and Danyon

That would mean Rory at 1?!  Can't see that with Danny already in the number 1 kevlars and skipper.

Edited by Skidder1

4 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Confirmation from where?

Apologies, source wasnt actually reliable!

Edited by Marshall07

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

I always think of whenever anyone says 'a few' they mean three. So obviously Ellis and no7 are two of them. Maybe whoever they are replacing Ellis with has a higher average so that affects another rider probably a second string? What are your thoughts Skidder? ;)

5 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Have Poole got their stadium rent/tenancy agreement sorted?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

Have Poole got their stadium rent/tenancy agreement sorted?

I'm not the only one then who has noticed the absence of any press releases from Danny or Matt on this subject. 

Am a bit surprised considering how Matt was at pains to point out in the Echo and online last year about negotiations would take place including at one stage maybe even a consortium trying to take over the stadium.  Announcing the team is one thing, having a stadium to race in is something else. There were questions at one stage as to whether the main restaurant or any other food outlets would be open and even doubts if there would be staff to run the place after the greyhounds ceased and the whole operation was in effect closed.

Maybe skidder or anyone else in the know may be able to enlighten us ??

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I always think of whenever anyone says 'a few' they mean three. So obviously Ellis and no7 are two of them. Maybe whoever they are replacing Ellis with has a higher average so that affects another rider probably a second string? What are your thoughts Skidder? ;)

My thoughts are also Ben Cook out if his younger bro also not coming with Somerset not riding.

Some on here said no way Schlien coming when I mentioned on here recently (seemed obvious move with Somerset closing). You could have had Schlien/King/Worral/Nielsen/Kelleher/Josh Mac plus a 2 or 3 rising star. Problem is the top six only at 36.92 which is a full 1.08 or 2.08 below the 39 point top 6 limit. Depending on a 3 or 2 point rising star). I suppose that's where the Bjarne Pedersen idea might come into play IF they were able to get a reduction. on his last 6.55 (Elite or now Prem) GSA from his last UK season in 2015.

Could be way out of course but cant think of any really good H/L out there and available riding UK in 2021 not already tied up. 

My only doubt on Pedersen is if he is keeping DK which is normally a Wednesday (same night as Poole) and even if DK is reduced meetings in 2021 would it still clash plenty with Poole ??

Assuming of course Poole were riding at Poole in 2021 and not perhaps having a plan B in place to race down at Plymouth for a season if the stadium discussions go ** up. Some think that would be highly unlikely but can't help thinking that after all this time why the delay in adding Plymouth when they expressed even last year they wanted to join Champ. Hope I am wrong but nothing would surprise me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I'm not the only one then who has noticed the absence of any press releases from Danny or Matt on this subject. 

Am a bit surprised considering how Matt was at pains to point out in the Echo and online last year about negotiations would take place including at one stage maybe even a consortium trying to take over the stadium.  Announcing the team is one thing, having a stadium to race in is something else. There were questions at one stage as to whether the main restaurant or any other food outlets would be open and even doubts if there would be staff to run the place after the greyhounds ceased and the whole operation was in effect closed.

Maybe skidder or anyone else in the know may be able to enlighten us ??

The stadium and track looked immaculate for Ken Middleditch's final lap of Wimborne Road yesterday!

If there were any doubts over Stadium availability then I would have thought the Speedway Office at the stadium would have closed - which it hasn't!

With the Stadia UK Management still on site I can't see why they would turn down income from the Speedway?!  Not sure any 'announcement' is required if its 'business as usual' other than clarification on the hospitality and refreshment offer?!

Edited by Skidder1

Pirates twitter now confirming Adam Ellis has had to withdraw from British commitments- caught up in the fall out from Polish regulations.