British Speedway Forum

Such a shame, was looking forward to see Adam ride for Poole again. If not Bjarne, what are our other options?

On 1/25/2021 at 7:49 PM, Dandelion said:

I thought bjarne retired

2020 was going to be his final season but as the season was cancelled, he is going to make 2021 his final season, the same as Rory Schlein.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Such a shame, was looking forward to see Adam ride for Poole again. If not Bjarne, what are our other options?

I don’t know what his Swedish league situation is but I wonder if Hans Andersen is a possibility?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

How about Rory as Somerset not riding 

Interesting news tonight.

I read a report not so long ago on a Polish site that said Ellis got a special clause put into his contract which allowed him to do four leagues.

Przeglad sportowy was the website.

49 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Interesting news tonight.

I read a report not so long ago on a Polish site that said Ellis got a special clause put into his contract which allowed him to do four leagues.

Przeglad sportowy was the website.

As far as I recall, that was to allow him to do the French league as well as Poland, Sweden and UK.

As the French league is not fully pro and happens mainly before the Polish season starts, they gave the Ok for him to do that as an extra.

However, it looks like he has signed in Denmark and Sweden instead of the UK as his other 2.

• Like 1

The loss of Adam Ellis basically due to the Polish new regulation hammers home the damage done to British Speedway.

I just hope when poland dumps them  british promotors are strong enough to say we dont want u either!

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

I just hope when poland dumps them  british promotors are strong enough to say we dont want u either!

& Does that mean every rider ie pedersen Doyle Lambert etc as it could happen ?

13 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Yes.You have to be cruel to be kind.You made your bed so you lie in it...

• Like 2

unfortunately, i'd say finacially that has to be the way forward

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Sure does

• Like 2

I think in Adam's case, if things didn't work out abroad, Poole would have him back if the points limit allowed. He has several Poole-based sponsors!!

2 hours ago, Gunner85 said:

The loss of Adam Ellis basically due to the Polish new regulation hammers home the damage done to British Speedway.

Not entirely. The follow up question is why has he chosen Denmark (probably no more than 8 fixtures) over the UK? (I suspect Poland, Denmark and Sweden all being in Schengen unlike the UK might be a factor)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, geoff100 said:

doyle was riding in this country until swindon pulled out of the league jason very loyal to british speedway 

• Like 3