British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, Gunner85 said:

The loss of Adam Ellis basically due to the Polish new regulation hammers home the damage done to British Speedway.

Lot of damage self inflicted in British Speedway .IMO 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ray c said:

doyle was riding in this country until swindon pulled out of the league jason very loyal to british speedway 

Am talking about anyone who agrees to riding in poland knowing it will stop them from riding here, after all most have learned there trade over here.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Not entirely. The follow up question is why has he chosen Denmark (probably no more than 8 fixtures) over the UK? (I suspect Poland, Denmark and Sweden all being in Schengen unlike the UK might be a factor)

Tungate in the SS said Denmark had 3 plans, one with no fans, one with some fans, and one with no restrictions.. 

The UK still have a plan built on "can't run without fans in the stadiums", which is still a distinct possibly...

Cannot blame riders for following the leagues that appear to be making (as much as they can do), cast iron plans...

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

How about Rory as Somerset not riding 

Depends what his average is I guess!

26 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Depends what his average is I guess!

Rory was on 8.69 last full season at Somerset. 

If you were (just for this exercise) to take out Cook and work on Rory/Steve W/Danny K/Josh Mac/Steffan Niel / Zane Kell you get 36.92 (after deducting the 2.5% Brit reduction). We can build to 38 plus a 3 point rising star or 39 plus a 2 point rising star.

Then comes down to who do we get as that rising star ??. A number already signed up from 2020 but we went down the strength in depth Aussie route. Anders rowe I would lovew to have seen as geographically right area IF he was assessed as a 3 pointer (why not as he is only 18). Or  even a 4 but rules say has to be a 2 or 3 pointer rising star. Others on the forum indicate he has already signed elsewhere but not seen any announcements.

Would help if us the poor paying public who keep this sport afloat (as it cant run without supporters in UK) could be allowed to see what looks like a top secret rising stars list. Like what harm could it do us seeing it ???

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

We could look like this then - 

1.R Schlein 2. Josh M  3. S Worrall 4. S Nielsen 5. D King 6. Z Keleher 7. A Rowe

Speedway Star interview with Anders today states he has already got a Prem and Champ place sorted for 2021.

In any case he finished in Somerset's top 5 in 2019 on a 4.38 average so even with the 2.5% discount he has an average higher than either Keleher or Cook so couldn't ride at 7, could he?

9 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Speedway Star interview with Anders today states he has already got a Prem and Champ place sorted for 2021.

In any case he finished in Somerset's top 5 in 2019 on a 4.38 average so even with the 2.5% discount he has an average higher than either Keleher or Cook so couldn't ride at 7, could he?

Damn it. Just announced by Redcar on their FB page and on now live.

Thinking caps on again :o

2 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Damn it. Just announced by Redcar on their FB page and on now live.

Thinking caps on again :o

Also think Keleher will be in main team as announced last year and Josh Mac at reserve with the rising star.

13 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

That rules Rowe then! Did I read today the young star we want was also close to signing for 2020 but just missed out?

I wonders if thats Danyon Hume? Im sure he won't but i would be sorely tempted to tell the Pirates to stick it as they went for unknown Aussies over a young Brit in the first place.

11 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I wonders if thats Danyon Hume? Im sure he won't but i would be sorely tempted to tell the Pirates to stick it as they went for unknown Aussies over a young Brit in the first place.

Depends what his options are really. Being spiteful doesn't pay the bills!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

The last time I spoke to Danyon he had a good steady full time job & young family . As much as he loves racing Speedway to race in Championship and National League he would need to give his job up so he would need to be able to guarantee a decent earning from Championship racing 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Depends what his options are really. Being spiteful doesn't pay the bills!!

i would say being a full time rider in this country not going to pay many bills anyway not in the championship league 

Edited by ray c

On 1/27/2021 at 10:39 PM, KingoftheTrack said:

Interesting news tonight.

I read a report not so long ago on a Polish site that said Ellis got a special clause put into his contract which allowed him to do four leagues.

Przeglad sportowy was the website.

I don’t think that would be possible, as it would go against the rules set in place the league organisers - who aren’t just some promotors thrown together thinking about self interest either!