British Speedway Forum

53 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Schilen, King and Worrall, got to be the strongest top 3 in the league, got to be as strong as some of the top 3 in the premiership 

Just got to hope for a dry summer! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

You can see that going down a wow with the apartment owners on top of the stadium. Speedway noise travels.

Much as I as a speedway fan would enjoy a free ringside seat from my balcony, heaven help what the rest of the residents would think of it.

The redevelopment idea/plan is very impressive and in line with what I would expect on prime Dorset land. A speedway track in a high end residential area I would be very surprised to see.

Love to be proved wrong. I lived in a 13th floor high riser overlooking Hackney Marshes when I first got married in 1975. I used to go to the track regular as only one mile away. I can assure you it could be loud enough back then even from there so lord knows how much noise these residents would have to put up with.

Matt Ford was asked about this proposal and said on twitter that it was about 4 years old, which was before the developer fell foul of the local plod on more than one occasion!! 

44 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Matt Ford was asked about this proposal and said on twitter that it was about 4 years old, which was before the developer fell foul of the local plod on more than one occasion!! 

Sounds to me like the kind of thing which could drag on for years.

In the meantime let's just hope that Poole can continue to use the stadium, plus the stadium facilities for a few years yet. I suppose Matt/Danny will come forth via the Echo and Social media if there is anything worth mentioning in the near future. Hopefully we go forward even if it is one season at a time.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

you beat me to it all old hat 

• Like 1

Plymouth will make a welcome addition to the Championship- almost a local derby!   

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dickie Head said:

Plymouth will make a welcome addition to the Championship- almost a local derby!   

Haven't been to Plymouth, so a trip there is a possibility if fans are able to attend. Hope they have got a bar lol.

19 hours ago, proud panther said:

Haven't been to Plymouth, so a trip there is a possibility if fans are able to attend. Hope they have got a bar lol.

They do have a bar, but under a previous promotion it sometimes closed in mid-match to cater for other activities....... 

3 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

They do have a bar, but under a previous promotion it sometimes closed in mid-match to cater for other activities....... 

Thanks for that, what other activity could be more important than drinking lol. Would also like to go to Poole this year, another track I haven't visited.

Edited by proud panther

15 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Thanks for that, what other activity could be more important than drinking lol. Would also like to go to Poole this year, another track I haven't visited.

There is 2 bars,bbq and pasties ,chips etc available i would recommend the bbq.

Told ya all weeks ago. 

Guy who richly deserves a proper chance 

Danyon Hume

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, HGould said:

Told ya all weeks ago. 

Danyon Hume

I would be very pleased if it is. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, HGould said:

Told ya all weeks ago. 

Danyon Hume

Should have been given a crack first time round.

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Should have been given a crack first time round.

And last year. And the year before. And the year before that too... Never been given a chance for some reason :( Wonder if it's something about him personally? Dunno what kind of bloke he is... But he's certainly a hell of a talent, and hasn't got much time left to prove himself... If he's ever given the chance...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

And last year. And the year before. And the year before that too... Never been given a chance for some reason :( Wonder if it's something about him personally? Dunno what kind of bloke he is... But he's certainly a hell of a talent, and hasn't got much time left to prove himself... If he's ever given the chance...

Personally i find Danyon one of the nicest and most genuine people in speedway, thats probably why he hasn't had a decent chance somewhere, for reasons unknown those are a bit of a hole tend to get chances open up for them.

• Like 2