British Speedway Forum

39 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Skidded said Poole would have a British number one from the PL.

So that’s Charles Wright.

Hahaha No not Charles Wright. I didn't say he was a number 1 from the Premiership. I said he rode Premiership in 2019 and would almost certainly be number 1 in the Championship line-up. Wright is not the only Brit!!

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Hahaha No not Charles Wright. I didn't say he was a number 1 from the Premiership. I said he rode Premiership in 2019 and would almost certainly be number 1 in the Championship line-up. Wright is not the only Brit!!

Imagine if it were Danny King.  What a backward step!  :)

• Haha 1

King, Howarth, Nicol and their two young Aussies if Poole are just swapping with Sheffield.

22 minutes ago, Col said:

Attained an average of 0.00! 

Could be worse!

31 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Its all a backward step

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ray c said:

Its all a backward step

Not if it helps the club financially. 

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Think you'll have an "Ellis" but it won't be Perks??...:drink:

Adam Ellis has already signed in Denmark so couldn't really sign for Poole on a Wednesday night

44 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Danny cant stand the Poole track so if Poole went for him wouldnt be the best signing in the world.......but then again Poole did sign Ricky Wells and THJ this season so i guess anythings possible......

Have no idea why Harris wasnt the first name Poole signed

9 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Not if it helps the club financially. 

But will it

Fans already seem split and a poor start to the season might not help

Poole fans are extremely fickle when the team isnt doing well ............and blimey they won the league in 2018 and still season ticket sales went down!!

1 minute ago, Gavan said:

Danny cant stand the Poole track so if Poole went for him wouldnt be the best signing in the world.......but then again Poole did sign Ricky Wells and THJ this season so i guess anythings possible......

But will it

Poole fans are extremely fickle when the team isnt doing well ............and blimey they won the league in 2018 and still season ticket sales went down!!

Because you don't gain anything from it! Say if you got ill and had to miss a couple of meetings, you would lose money. You used to get a free programme but not sure if they do that anymore..? I'm sure if season tickets were more of a better deal, fans would purchase. 

8 minutes ago, Gavan said:

But will it

Maybe because he has agreed to ride for Birmingham?

10 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Maybe because he has agreed to ride for Birmingham?

I know that

But if Poole knew they were dropping down you would move heaven and earth to sign him...............loves the track and an entertainer...............he would put bums on seats

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

I know that

But if Poole knew they were dropping down you would move heaven and earth to sign him...............loves the track and an entertainer...............he would put bums on seats

They didn't know for definite then - and still don't.  Maybe as the whole move forward is due to finance, Bomber was simply too expensive for the budget being worked to.

Incidentally if it does prove to be King then his top scoring 13 points at Poole back in July plus his 5+1 and 7+1 in more recent meetings was more than acceptable for a Premiership regular - whether he likes the track or not!!.

Edited by Skidder1

56 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

They didn't know for definite then - and still don't.  Maybe as the whole move forward is due to finance, Bomber was simply too expensive for the budget being worked to.

Incidentally if it does prove to be King then his top scoring 13 points at Poole back in July plus his 5+1 and 7+1 in more recent meetings was more than acceptable for a Premiership regular - whether he likes the track or not!!.

5+1 and 7+1 more than acceptable?

Well, I suppose that’s the standard for Poole now.  :)

9 minutes ago, DC2 said:

5+1 and 7+1 more than acceptable?

Well, I suppose that’s the standard for Poole now.  :)

On his Premiership average - yes!!

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

On his Premiership average - yes!!

You’re showing a bit too much interest in Danny King! ;)

:)