British Speedway Forum

8 minutes ago, ray c said:

I think you will find he came before matt maybe wrong don't think I am though

Havvy rode '98 to 2002. Matt was main team sponsor when Havvy joined - the year before Matt finally bought the club with Mike Golding.

6 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Havvy rode '98 to 2002. Matt was main team sponsor when Havvy joined - the year before Matt finally bought the club with Mike Golding.

Was he signed the same time as Armando Castagna ?

18 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Personally I'm not a fan of racesuits, I find it much harder to know which rider is which!

What's hard about it they all have different helmet colours.

Does anyone know IF there were any updates on

1) How the Promoters  may be progressing on those last 2 team slots. I know they said they were taking their time but just wondered if there was any update for fans from last night.

2) Similar question on the Team Sponsorship question. Heard the odd rumour (and only that) but with many teams on the SGB site having announced their team sponsors already would be good to see how that's progressing. 

Last night was good news on the team kevlar front for me. As for the joint team managers, will hold off on comment and lets see the results which will prove if it was a good move or not. If the team are not good enough away (or at least competing for a minimum of one point) , then no doubt the forum will be awash with comments. Hopefully the same if they do perform.

Appreciate the season is still 2 months away but would be good to get an update on how things are going, especially with all the others done an dusted.

4 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

A manager in the North and one in the South ....is that because of Brexit, or just a language barrier??? LOL

No wonder nobody takes the sport seriously !? :D

And there I was thinking that Team GB were taking a similar route!!!

Rod Colquhoun posted on Facebook today, 2 aussies looking to ride over here this season, Zane Kelleher & Ben Cook, not sure what there like 

19 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Of course, it is repeating PR. The children in newsrooms are very good at copy and paste....rather than doing real reporting.

You might also ask how many people view the Echo these days.

Poole have regular media reporters at every home meeting often including Paul Burbidge who also reports for Speedway Star and Sgp. The Bournemouth echo report and stories are shared to the other Echo daily and weekly titles across the South and at least 3 local/regional radio stations carry the stories. Yesterday's announcements also on BBC South tv. PR or not it ain't bad coverage which the club have always worked hard at.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Rod Colquhoun posted on Facebook today, 2 aussies looking to ride over here this season, Zane Kelleher & Ben Cook, not sure what there like 

Isn't Ben the older brother of Zach ??

If he is then nowhere as good as Zach and would leave well alone. I assume he want's to come over with Zach who will start at Somerset.  I think Ben is only capable of beating lower quality Aussie riders who are not good enough for UK. I would have both Kennedy & or Keleher over Ben Cook.

Keleher has been bleating that he is ready for Uk for a while now and his latest post indicated he thinks he may have lost his chance after a couple of zero point rides and then an injury in his last ride early in the Aussie Champs. Has a high opinion of himself I think. But has it decent backing/sponsors . definitely was on Poole radar imo and maybe still is but is a risk as we didnt get to see how he performs against the decent riders.

Edited by STEVEHOLS54
typo

2 hours ago, pitstop84 said:

Did they not have a so called track expert last year look what that did for the track? And lost Matt Ford a load of money. 

They did, as far as I know.. :blink:

Good call using race suits again btw:t:

Edited by Bald Bloke

16 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

They did, as far as I know.. :blink:

Good call using race suits again btw:t:

Poole only stopped using race suits in 2018 to celebrate their 70th Anniversary year with a 'new' logo and race bib. They kept the race bib in 2019 due to finances ,losing 2 large sponsors due to their other business priorities.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

And there I was thinking that Team GB were taking a similar route!!!

there is a difference ollie and simon will be at all the meetings :t:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ray c said:

there is a difference ollie and simon will be at all the meetings :t:

Ah crystal ball time I see!!!

Having both team managers present could cause more confusion than it solves!!!

Edited by Skidder1

3 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Gary was an excellent team manager for Coventry, popular with the riders and very knowledgable. Good call by Poole

Very knowledgeable !!  Only because he had Laurence Rogers tied to his hip. He openly admitted at a Berwick supporters forum that he had NEVER read a rule book, which as it happens proved correct with some of the things he tried to do.   The riders were not impressed either.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Was unprofessional and not very knowledgable at Berwick, made a lot of mistakes and stupid decisions

Wonder if his dispute with Berwick Promotion was ever resolved.?