British Speedway Forum

13 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Thats why i hardly post on here anymore mate, its not worth the aggro..

Very true but unfortunately you start it most of the time :rofl:;)

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Some of the reserves you name there already have a bit of Championship experience. It is a very, very hard league with some tough racing: bit like the old Div 2 used to be. I sometimes think the racing is tougher than the Premiership...you won't be disappointed on quality.

Saw plenty of it over at my more local track Lakeside so looking forward to seeing it at Poole. More of a variety of riders with plenty of these up and coming young riders from both our shores as well as overseas riders such as the Aussies etc.

Yes some of the riders have Champ experience but not a great deal and some have little to none. The point i was making was that riders of the calibre of Josh Macdonald plus hopefully our last 2 riders and even say Nielsen could run up decent scores against these guys finding their way. Could be important if we are found a little short further up the score card.

If for example we had say Josh Mac & if we signed for example Zane Keleher (purely example), then I would be confident that against say Gilkes and Ledwith and even when racing against them later in the meeting after the reserve race, then I would back the 2 Aussies based on current ability to come out ahead. That 4 times min per season in league matches. Sam with a lot of the other reserve pairings. 

If our reserves do pile on points then you have the likes of Nielsen possibly waiting in the wings to swap into reserve or the last of one of our 2 signings. 

We know from our (fortunate) League win in 2018 the damage strong reserves can do for you against  weaker reserves. Definitely come in handy if your 3 H/L are not all performing together which we saw plenty evidence of a Poole the last few seasons.

2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Problem is mate, he can dish it, but when somebody has a poke at him he doesnt like it..  Works both ways.

From the man who cried and cried when someone wished him ill last year despite winding the guy up on here. 

Anyway, how was i "dishing it" with my message ?  I replied to another poster saying that the press release was worded in a way that it looked like a home and away arrangement, bearing in mind it literally said that.  You butted in and replied saying i was "another one who couldnt read" or words similar to that.

We'll see if you're quite so gobby face to face when i pop down in the season anyway. I hope your carer is nearby.

Edited by The Doctor...

2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

As they are always !

my comment wasnt about reserves per se,it was about the use of them in away matches, which team managers do occasionally get wrong and it was team managers we were discussing.We could have a bottom four of equal or similar ability so quite a bit of juggling may be required on away trips.Please try and give a reasoned,balanced and thoughtfull response (haha)

59 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Saw plenty of it over at my more local track Lakeside so looking forward to seeing it at Poole. More of a variety of riders with plenty of these up and coming young riders from both our shores as well as overseas riders such as the Aussies etc.

Yes some of the riders have Champ experience but not a great deal and some have little to none. The point i was making was that riders of the calibre of Josh Macdonald plus hopefully our last 2 riders and even say Nielsen could run up decent scores against these guys finding their way. Could be important if we are found a little short further up the score card.

If for example we had say Josh Mac & if we signed for example Zane Keleher (purely example), then I would be confident that against say Gilkes and Ledwith and even when racing against them later in the meeting after the reserve race, then I would back the 2 Aussies based on current ability to come out ahead. That 4 times min per season in league matches. Sam with a lot of the other reserve pairings. 

If our reserves do pile on points then you have the likes of Nielsen possibly waiting in the wings to swap into reserve or the last of one of our 2 signings. 

We know from our (fortunate) League win in 2018 the damage strong reserves can do for you against  weaker reserves. Definitely come in handy if your 3 H/L are not all performing together which we saw plenty evidence of a Poole the last few seasons.

Yes, I get you. Rowe/Stoneman will do a lot of damage in my opinion. 

Not too long to wait now before we find out.

Gosh, i miss Starrys intellect and intelligent contributions in the Prem section :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

Gosh, i miss Starrys intellect and intelligent contributions in the Prem section :rolleyes:

I blinked and missed those.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Thats why i hardly post on here anymore mate, its not worth the aggro..

I respect your support for all things Poole - but you need to accept other opinions before you respond. Just talk (or don’t) rather than force yours so aggressively. You should be positive after what you have been through. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, The Doctor... said:

From the man who cried and cried when someone wished him ill last year despite winding the guy up on here. 

Anyway, how was i "dishing it" with my message ?  I replied to another poster saying that the press release was worded in a way that it looked like a home and away arrangement, bearing in mind it literally said that.  You butted in and replied saying i was "another one who couldnt read" or words similar to that.

We'll see if you're quite so gobby face to face when i pop down in the season anyway. I hope your carer is nearby.

Not worth it Doc... will be too easy but won’t change anything. 

• Like 1

Well with the fixtures out, how refreshing to have home meetings most Wednesdays 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

I now wonder if Gino is an option, he has confirmed he has a visa and can come over this season now - would arrive on a 4.00

Somebody's read their Speedway Star already!!!:D

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 1/21/2020 at 12:33 PM, Skidder1 said:

Middlo's Testimonial announced for Wednesday 25th March 2020.  (so NOT Good Friday as previously suggested!!)

Bjarne Pedersen is the first rider to be confirmed.

Good stuff I am glad Bjarne will get a good send off being his last season always like the guy very approachable and polite.

On 1/22/2020 at 5:19 PM, Richard Weston said:

Yes, I get you. Rowe/Stoneman will do a lot of damage in my opinion. 

Not too long to wait now before we find out.

Will Rowe be in the top five? i think Stoneman ( who i like exciting)  is one of the weaker reserves i cannot see him averaging three points away from home

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Will Rowe be in the top five? i think Stoneman ( who i like exciting)  is one of the weaker reserves i cannot see him averaging three points away from home

You may well be right about Rowe. And, maybe the fact I like Stoneman, who is exciting, is rather clouding my view of his abilities away from home. Just like him for having a go.