British Speedway Forum

Back on topic - I wonder when Matt/Danny will decide and announce on the final reserve pairing for 2020.

I am sure there are different opinions on it, but |i wonder when they will announce which of the 3 x 4 pointers goes into the main team,

3 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Maybe you misread my post and Clive's reply (as he wants full name disclosure).

I think Clive is implying that we could have a young Brit already in our own team i.e Stefan Nielsen at reserve come end of May and first GSA sheets.

I expect Nielsen to up his average, can't see him dropping to reserve!

2 hours ago, GWC said:

So once did Joel Parsons and Karlis Ezigarlis!

Parsons was very good till injured!

59 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Can Stef Nielsen still be considered to be "young" ?

Well at 25 last Oct he is not old. Not for someone like me over 60 :D

Factor in all the time lost thru injuries he is still a young guy imo.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I expect Nielsen to up his average, can't see him dropping to reserve!

Let's hope so as it will be proof that we did good in signing a still young Brit.

Happy to see the 3 Aussies rotate in and out of reserve. Keleher MAY be the surprise package so Nielsen could still drift in there even if he ups his av a bit. 

Suppose it will partly come down to IF our reserves (or at least one of them) racks up plenty of points and ends up maybe with a high av come end of May. Will hopefully make healthy competition. Happy to see riders of the calibre of Josh Mac/Keleher & Nielsen drift in and out of reserve with Cook. Either combo will still be decent at reserve against most teams reserves (as currently advertised).

It’s not your age these days it’s about fitness and wether you can do the miles needed to get experience.

Having great equipment helps a bit too.

20 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Whoops made a typo. Apologies it should have been a P not a *.

Happy to engage in sensible debate with any forum user but not with somebody who deliberately incites a negative response with their constant digs & jibes at anything Poole.

Feel free to carry on with it as you usually do and I am happy as a Poole Supporter to engage with supporters/fans who genuinely have a decent point or opinion positive or negative to make.

Happy to continue to bore you and maybe with luck you will stop looking in ;)

Thanks Bumhols54 (sorry typo) for your permission, can't be bothered to read the rest i need to stay awake zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3 minutes ago, GWC said:

It’s not your age these days it’s about fitness and whether you can do the miles needed to get experience.

Having great equipment helps a bit too.

I think Rob Ledwith will agree with you on that ;).

Never say never.

My point with Nielsen is he is still young and if you take out all the time he spent out with major injuries he is arguably speedway wise even younger.

he has shown flashes and if you can keep him fit he can indeed improve.

I thought the whole idea of Visa's (in general not just speedway) was that to qualify for one. You had to be highly qualified and that your not taking a job from an equally qualified native?

I know this applies in many sectors, how do the Visa's work for speedway riders? I ve seen it quoted that different riders have different conditions etc.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Thanks Bumhols54 (sorry typo) for your permission, can't be bothered to read the rest i need to stay awake zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

For those not in the know. I found a way to ignore certain posters. What a relief to have such a facility on the Forum which pleased to say I have activated my first ignore poster :)

• Like 1

Just now, STEVEHOLS54 said:

For those not in the know. I found a way to ignore certain posters. What a relief to have such a facility on the Forum which pleased to say I have activated my first ignore poster :)

Ignoring me that much you're stalking my profile :)

5 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Whoops forgot to highlight what i wanted to ignore from said poster. Decided to block it all.

Thanks to said poster for reminding me as never used the facility before :neutral:

1 minute ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Whoops forgot to highlight what i wanted to ignore from said poster. Decided to block it all.

Thanks to said poster for reminding me as never used the facility before :neutral:

Is that ignore or bore?:(

21 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I think Rob Ledwith will agree with you on that ;).

Never say never.

My point with Nielsen is he is still young and if you take out all the time he spent out with major injuries he is arguably speedway wise even younger.

he has shown flashes and if you can keep him fit he can indeed improve.

I have a lot of time for Stefan, definitely bags of ability , rode very well for Poole before and if he could stay injury free could have a very good season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I have a lot of time for Stefan, definitely bags of ability , rode very well for Poole before and if he could stay injury free could have a very good season.

So unlucky last time around 

• Like 1