British Speedway Forum

9 hours ago, ASpeedwayfan said:

And how do you know this?

I don't. But something don't seem right to me. Ford said its 25% cheaper, but it should be cheaper to get in, so less gate money, then theres the new TV deal, might be harder to find sponsors with no TV coverage, fans could drop  2-300 as well. If that happens you will be no better off. I thought Ford was smarter than that.

I might be way off the mark, but I think Matt might be trying to force the sale of the club, or get Weds night racing in the Prem. Sheffield asked to come up and it seems to of been agreed and announced pretty fast. Matt has asked to drop down, but I haven't heard anything since.

No proof at all, just a feeling I have. I would rather have 8 teams than 7 in the Prem in 2020. We will see:t:

15 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I don't. But something don't seem right to me. Ford said its 25% cheaper, but it should be cheaper to get in, so less gate money, then theres the new TV deal, might be harder to find sponsors with no TV coverage, fans could drop  2-300 as well. If that happens you will be no better off. I thought Ford was smarter than that.

I might be way off the mark, but I think Matt might be trying to force the sale of the club, or get Weds night racing in the Prem. Sheffield asked to come up and it seems to of been agreed and announced pretty fast. Matt has asked to drop down, but I haven't heard anything since.

No proof at all, just a feeling I have. I would rather have 8 teams than 7 in the Prem in 2020. We will see:t:

Is that the similar feeling to when you thought KL were going to win something??!:rofl:;):cheers:

As far as not hearing anything since, Danny Ford has been quoted in the local press that team plans are well under way and we're all looking forward to the new challenges in the Championship!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Exactly, this is the real reason not cos of any bluff,  you just want Poole in the league cos you know 7 teams isn't enough!

I've said this enough times, but how does Weds nights work in the PL? A fair few seem to be doing Denmark next year. 

49 minutes ago, DC2 said:

How many meetings did you go to this year, Lisa?

Enough, and I chose to see Swindon just the once! ;) Everyone should ride against each other ONCE home and away. If you have to do it twice for league meetings then there aren't enough teams! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Exactly, this is the real reason not cos of any bluff,  you just want Poole in the league cos you know 7 teams isn't enough!

I've said this enough times, but how does Weds nights work in the PL? A fair few seem to be doing Denmark next year. 

Of course i would rather more teams in the Prem, I don't think anyone would think anything else.. I worded that post carefully, I didn't mention I wanted Poole to stay up.  They are the team I like the least out of the  last seasons 7. If I had to pick a team to "swap" with the Tigers it would of been Poole...

But the real reason isn't what you say at all.! You have the wrong end of the stick there Lisa. The reason I think Poole will stay up is that I don't trust Ford, and I do think it could be a bluff. If it were any other team I wouldn't think of a bluff at all !

Happy to take the flack if I have got it all wrong though ;)

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Is that the similar feeling to when you thought KL were going to win something??!:rofl:;):cheers:

As far as not hearing anything since, Danny Ford has been quoted in the local press that team plans are well under way and we're all looking forward to the new challenges in the Championship!

I doubt i'll see Lynn winning the top league before I snuff it :)

I think you know  what league Poole will be in if i'm honest Skid ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

I doubt i'll see Lynn winning the top league before I snuff it :)

I think you know  what league Poole will be in if i'm honest Skid ;)

Pretty certain Poole will be Championship but hearing unless rider demands change another championship club will not run.

Interesting times. 

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, sugarray said:

Pretty certain Poole will be Championship but hearing unless rider demands change another championship club will not run.

Interesting times. 

Rider demands need to change?  It's not difficult, If you think a rider is demanding an excessive deal, don't pay it. Either they won't get a contract or if they do then that's the market rate because someone else was prepared to pay it. Blame the person prepared to pay it not the one asking for it and getting it. If they ask for an excessive amount and don't get a job because of it tough on them. Riders demands being excessive is the symptoms not the cause.

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, wtf said:

Rider demands need to change?  It's not difficult, If you think a rider is demanding an excessive deal, don't pay it. Either they won't get a contract or if they do then that's the market rate because someone else was prepared to pay it. Blame the person prepared to pay it not the one asking for it and getting it. If they ask for an excessive amount and don't get a job because of it tough on them. Riders demands being excessive is the symptoms not the cause.

Av heard they pay good money in Poland. Maybe riders with excessive demands should go and work there, if there's room for them all.

49 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Av heard they pay good money in Poland. Maybe riders with excessive demands should go and work there, if there's room for them all.

working there and getting paid are two separate things .

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, jenga said:

working there and getting paid are two separate things .

Will it be worse after Britex???

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Will it be worse after Britex???

we will find out in five years time when its sorted out........  lol

Bet the Paul fans are feeling better this morning showing they aren't the only favourites for a title who choke in a semi final, least New Zealand took defeat like men and didn't try & cheat.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Adam Ellis got to be a good option on his average.

Think he’s got bigger plans than riding for Poole in the Championship.

Skidder’s hoping for Danny King as your number 1.

• Like 1