British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, ray c said:

when did Jason last ride for poole to still be an asset .?

Don’t have to ride for Poole (or anyone else )  to be an asset.Poole still own him as Belle Vue never paid the transfer fee to buy him from them in about 2008.

He last rode for Poole in 2007.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, daz9100 said:

At least the club will get some nice loan fees from Ipswich for Crump 

So do Poole try to dust off a contract that probably no longer exists since the rider retired years ago.

I wonder if there is a clause in it for comebacks?

2 minutes ago, GWC said:

So do Poole try to dust off a contract that probably no longer exists since the rider retired years ago.

I wonder if there is a clause in it for comebacks?

Surely they hold his registration - nothing to do with contracts.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Trackrat said:

Surprised Jason Crimp chose to join Ipswich, surely Paul would of been a more likely retirement home with the other non English riders they have.

I think Paul was down the pub when the deal was being discussed with Jason Crimp. Meanwhile, I suspect the Poole management were kept fully informed about negotiations with Jason Crump :party:

33 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

I think Paul was down the pub when the deal was being discussed with Jason Crimp. Meanwhile, I suspect the Poole management were kept fully informed about negotiations with Jason Crump :party:

yes your right paul was down the pub with peter still there apparently :D

23 hours ago, Trackrat said:

Surprised Jason Crimp chose to join Ipswich, surely Paul would of been a more likely retirement home with the other non English riders they have.

Yeah he would be quite happy with the 4 English riders as well 

3 hours ago, ray c said:

yes your right paul was down the pub with peter still there apparently :D

what and left poor mary at home?

26 minutes ago, poole keith said:

what and left poor mary at home?

your showing your age now :cheers:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Middlo's testimonial March 25th line -ups confirmed:

COUNTY CREST ALL-STARS:  Bjarne Pedersen; Nicolai Klindt; Brady Kurtz; Josh G; Nico Covatti; Adam Ellis; Stefan Neilsen.

MERIDIAN LIFTS HEROES: Chris Holder; Scott Nicholls; Bomber Harris; Danny King; Hans Andersen; Edward Kennett; Nick Morris (replacing Jack Holder).

NB. Jack Holder's new visa only allows him to race Premiership meetings/tracks.

Poole's 3 new Aussies will also have a series of match races during the evening.

Normal prices - should be a good night.

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

NB. Jack Holder's new visa only allows him to race Premiership meetings/tracks.

This is an intriguing comment. The restriction seems a bit over the top. And is especially ironic given that Chris Holder, who can't get a visa to race here in any league (I believe?) can ride in this meeting.

Am I the only one who is confused?

• Confused 1

Wasn't there a similar situation either last year or year before where a rider could not ride at a certain track in an open meeting as is was not a track raced on in his only league.

• Like 1

Find it a bit of a shame that former Poole riders such as Magic/the returning Crump/Doyle plus a non Poole rider such as top performer Nicki P could not have offered their services for such a good servant of the sport.

I wonder if some of the bad press on the condition of the track over the last 2 seasons has scared off some of these guys from wanting to ride in this one off meeting. Especially at the start of the season with so much at stake if one did get injured.

Doyle not riding surprises me bearing in mind he has 2 spells with Poole. Perhaps like Crump does not want to risk anything 24 hours before they are both due to open their league accounts with their Prem clubs.

Should still be a decent meeting though with plenty of past & present Poole riders making themselves available plus getting some all important track practice.

3 hours ago, False dawn said:

This is an intriguing comment. The restriction seems a bit over the top. And is especially ironic given that Chris Holder, who can't get a visa to race here in any league (I believe?) can ride in this meeting.

Am I the only one who is confused?

I think it's because it's a benefit meeting, with no pay.

6 hours ago, False dawn said:

This is an intriguing comment.

But true, he can ride in the PL only

Edited by The Third Man
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think it's because it's a benefit meeting, with no pay.

Bang on.  Despite a huge array of star name riders riding for middlo it’s a pretty poor line up. Just shows how mercenary the majority of today’s riders are. The Ben fund meeting is similar yet the Peter craven meeting is a much better line up. 
the only difference is the pc meeting the riders receive points money. 

• Like 2