British Speedway Forum

If this isn't a warning to the BSPA then I don't know what is.  I do feel much sympathy for the employees and for many decent Poole supporters but I can't say that I feel much for those who regarded the interests of Poole as the be all and all as far as speedway was concerned. Still, hope they do keep going as I fear that if Poole go then the avalanche will follow! 

It's getting to seem like ancient history when I went to a Bees v Pirate match.

9 minutes ago, bluebee said:

If this isn't a warning to the BSPA then I don't know what is.  I do feel much sympathy for the employees and for many decent Poole supporters but I can't say that I feel much for those who regarded the interests of Poole as the be all and all as far as speedway was concerned. Still, hope they do keep going as I fear that if Poole go then the avalanche will follow! 

It's getting to seem like ancient history when I went to a Bees v Pirate match.

Not sure what responsibility BSPL can have for a classic Landlord and Tenant issue??

By all means blame the BSPL for problems in their area of responsibility but this is strictly linked to a Stadium, The Council and the Landlords and Tenants and sub tenants

• Like 5

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

That`s the same people who didn`t want to buy it from him i suppose. ;)

Not quite the same is it?! we're talking the whole stadium now not just the speedway.  Lots of options for additional usage if you have 7 days a week including weekends without dogs.

12 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Not quite the same is it?! we're talking the whole stadium now not just the speedway.  Lots of options for additional usage if you have 7 days a week including weekends without dogs.

Give me 3 ?

40 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Give me 3 ?

Look West - Plymouth looking to use their stadium 364 days a year. Yes, an aspiration but shows the way forward.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Give me 3 ?

With a bit of work and money don’t get me wrong. 

Revert track back to the old style on the outside. 

training events at Poole. Of course after the school have finished. 

would enable Poole town to move back in. 
It would be a big area again. 

Concert venue in the stadium would be helpful. Poole doesn’t have one. 

with the use of the big area. You have options for car boot sales, drive in cinema. 

im sure some people could use the space. 

Poole council previously have bought in a consultant to look at the creekmoor park and ride as an option for a stadium . Poole stadium will be flats . 

It is sad to see any club go, but I think I just have to look back and see the reaction of a select few poole fans when Coventry closed down and I have to admit I don’t feel at all sorry for them.

2 hours ago, therefused said:

It is sad to see any club go, but I think I just have to look back and see the reaction of a select few poole fans when Coventry closed down and I have to admit I don’t feel at all sorry for them.

Really? I don’t recall a single Poole fan or fan of any club happy with Coventry closing down. No speedway fan wants to see a club fold, regardless of being arch rivals or not.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Really? I don’t recall a single Poole fan or fan of any club happy with Coventry closing down. No speedway fan wants to see a club fold, regardless of being arch rivals or not.

Your infamous Street Map of Brandon! :mad:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Look West - Plymouth looking to use their stadium 364 days a year. Yes, an aspiration but shows the way forward.

Would be ideal model for Poole to follow.

Make the stadium a community hub.

Poole stadium is perfectly placed to do that.

• Like 1