British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

This is the most frightening bit coming from an elected politician

Any Council has to optimise it's income and mitigate potential losses within its declared plan.

It's prime real estate as everyone says and knows.

It may well be best option for BCP  therefore to develop the Site and to find an alternative site within the Borough for Football and Speedway.

That would be a tumultuous and significant upheaval for Speedway.

I wish everyone at Poole well.

“If a third party lodged an application to redevelop the site, planning officers would assess it by reference to the current Poole Local Plan, which provides for ‘approximately 430 homes, a modern stadium facility capable of accommodating a variety of sports/events, including exploring the opportunity for providing a home for Poole Town Football Club and speedway, and a mix of other uses that could include offices and other supporting commercial uses.’

“As freeholder, the Council would have to approve any such redevelopment.’’

10 hours ago, Gambo said:

Your infamous Street Map of Brandon! :mad:

That was in about 2002 and banter! Most took it as the joke it was and at the time and there was no real threat at the time.

Like any speedway fan I didn’t want to see Coventry close. I mean, it was normally very easy points for us.

And I hope we shall hear good news soon that they will return to action.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, HGould said:

This is the most frightening bit coming from an elected politician

Any Council has to optimise it's income and mitigate potential losses within its declared plan.

It's prime real estate as everyone says and knows.

It may well be best option for BCP  therefore to develop the Site and to find an alternative site within the Borough for Football and Speedway.

That would be a tumultuous and significant upheaval for Speedway.

I wish everyone at Poole well.

“If a third party lodged an application to redevelop the site, planning officers would assess it by reference to the current Poole Local Plan, which provides for ‘approximately 430 homes, a modern stadium facility capable of accommodating a variety of sports/events, including exploring the opportunity for providing a home for Poole Town Football Club and speedway, and a mix of other uses that could include offices and other supporting commercial uses.’

“As freeholder, the Council would have to approve any such redevelopment.’’

I wonder what odds you would get against Matt Ford's consortium containing at least one developer?!;)

44 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I wonder what odds you would get against Matt Ford's consortium containing at least one developer?!;)

I know three and i would think you know as well anyway has gi relinquished the lease yet no 

I hope this is sorted out sooner rather than later otherwise it could end up like brandon really hope not just an opinion 

If people actually believe there will be speedway at Poole again then they are delusional, its over. 

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, therefused said:

If people actually believe there will be speedway at Poole again then they are delusional, its over. 

That sunshine isnt working on you is it? :D

• Like 2

Any have any idea how long the lease was that was signed by Poole Stadium Limited (BS Group/Gaming Intl) with the freeholders in late 1995?

pretty sure it was stated at the time to be 99yrs?? Pretty sure also FA rules would not allow poole town fc to share stadium with speedway,wish matt ford and his partners allthe success however they musnt underestimate the cunning of their opponents especially as said opponents appear to be in bed with the council !!!

22 minutes ago, poole keith said:

pretty sure it was stated at the time to be 99yrs?? Pretty sure also FA rules would not allow poole town fc to share stadium with speedway,wish matt ford and his partners allthe success however they musnt underestimate the cunning of their opponents especially as said opponents appear to be in bed with the council !!!

Not sure what rules are about sharing the stadium. Always used to be the home of Poole Town. In fact the father of someone I know was Player manager there for a while.

If there is a 99 year lease signed in 1996, there is a more than a glimmer of hope then, if someone was to acquire Poole Stadium Limited for example!  

2 hours ago, therefused said:

How the hell can you be that certain? Ridiculous lazy negativity. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, The H Man said:

If there is a 99 year lease signed in 1996, there is a more than a glimmer of hope then, if someone was to acquire Poole Stadium Limited for example!  

But the lease is with BSI who are throwing in the towel. Poole speedway appear to have a lease which no longer exists as they can't sublet from a business that doesn't have an interest in the stadium.

My guess is that Poole speedway will be able to negotiate a new lease with the council. We will see speedway again at Wimborne road.

BUT I would speculate that the lease would be (say) seven years. During which time Poole council will adopt a new local plan (which will designate the site for housing) and find a development partner.

And we know what happens after that.

3 hours ago, The H Man said:

Who knows, I doubt 99 years, may be 30. It’s not like a flat lease with a ground rent. I imagine it was a commercial lease with rent reviews. 

• Like 1

BS Group changed their name in 2004 when Clark Osborne's company Toklon took overall control. I seem to remember a revised 25 year lease was negotiated then, but may be wrong?!

Not sure that the stadium could take Poole Town FC without some major redevelopment - not just removing the dog track but also the glass-fronted restaurant/stand. Apart from that Poole Town FC would have to repay all the loans made by the FA to improve their current home.

In any case all this is irrelevant until GI actually decide to give up the stadium lease which is by no means certain yet.