British Speedway Forum

20 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Really? I don’t recall a single Poole fan or fan of any club happy with Coventry closing down. No speedway fan wants to see a club fold, regardless of being arch rivals or not.

we had cradley fans singing where has your stadium gone on 3rd/4th bend it used to called the popside bend !! at the last match at hyde road 1987 !! bet they are choking on their words now !! so some speedway fans do wish unpleasant things on clubs ? whether poole fans did it i just don't know :nono:

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

BS Group changed their name in 2004 when Clark Osborne's company Toklon took overall control. I seem to remember a revised 25 year lease was negotiated then, but may be wrong?!

Not sure that the stadium could take Poole Town FC without some major redevelopment - not just removing the dog track but also the glass-fronted restaurant/stand. Apart from that Poole Town FC would have to repay all the loans made by the FA to improve their current home.

In any case all this is irrelevant until GI actually decide to give up the stadium lease which is by no means certain yet.

Remember when Poole Town played at the stadium, farcical situation with the corners of the pitch being grass on pallets , that were put in place to make the pitch regulation size

12 minutes ago, hrhbig said:

Remember when Poole Town played at the stadium, farcical situation with the corners of the pitch being grass on pallets , that were put in place to make the pitch regulation size

I believe that was necessary at Odsal to complete the end bays.

2 hours ago, hrhbig said:

I bet know players went down on there backside in them corners #spelcksinthebum

7 hours ago, hrhbig said:

I saw Newport County there in 1983. It never felt like a proper football ground 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cityrebel said:

I saw Newport County there in 1983. It never felt like a proper football ground 

I remember that but I didn't go. I think the only football match I ever saw at Wimborne Road was a game between a speedway riders team against Poole Town which I think was to do with Pete Smith's testimonial in 1976? I could be wrong, it's a long time ago.

One thing I know is that since Poole Town left the stadium they have been thwarted at every attempt to relocate to another venue which would allow them to progress so they're stuck on Tatnam field. 

Residents up in arms at plans to have a football ground near them so I fear for the Pirates if they lose their home. How long have the Wildcats been trying to find somewhere?

1 hour ago, AFCB Wildcat said:

I remember that but I didn't go. I think the only football match I ever saw at Wimborne Road was a game between a speedway riders team against Poole Town which I think was to do with Pete Smith's testimonial in 1976? I could be wrong, it's a long time ago.

One thing I know is that since Poole Town left the stadium they have been thwarted at every attempt to relocate to another venue which would allow them to progress so they're stuck on Tatnam field. 

Residents up in arms at plans to have a football ground near them so I fear for the Pirates if they lose their home. How long have the Wildcats been trying to find somewhere?

Around the same sort of time, i saw Barnet at Weymouth's old Recreation ground in the town centre. I went to the NL pairs at Swindon afterwards. A good day out!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Around the same sort of time, i saw Barnet at Weymouth's old Recreation ground in the town centre. I went to the NL pairs at Swindon afterwards. A good day out!

Happy days!

I loved Weymouth's old ground and that's where sports venues should be, in the middle of town. Sadly bought out by Asda and moved to an out of town industrial estate.

The trouble is towns like Weymouth,  Poole & Bournemouth are just commodities now.  People move there because they are a nice place to live but they have no affinity to the towns or the sports teams and their venues just become valuable building land.

• Like 3

Good to see ex Coventry legend Brian Andersen's son doing well, could be a future Poole signing? Oh wait a minute :party:

1 hour ago, Trackrat said:

Good to see ex Coventry legend Brian Andersen's son doing well, could be a future Poole signing? Oh wait a minute :party:

Will have him for 2021 :party:

38 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Will have him for 2021 :party:

Can he drive a JCB? Also think he would like to ride in the Best league not the 2nd division :party:

Edited by Trackrat

1 hour ago, Trackrat said:

Can he drive a JCB? Also think he would like to ride in the Best league not the 2nd division :party:

Poole currently are in the best league.    As you'll hopefully find out.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Poole currently are in the best league.    As you'll hopefully find out.

Unless his team(?) drops down he'll never know, he's a "big" league snob.

• Confused 1

New-style Pirates merchandise launched this week shows a lot of confidence. Many items sold out already have to be re-ordered!!!

• Like 1