British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, lewy said:

Anders is Swindon based i believe and he's heading north

North or to the Midlands? 

2 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

By the way if Anders Rowe is not on the radar, then where does one think such a talent may end up as he has lost his Prem & Champ rides thru no fault of his own. Such a talent should surely be snapped up and I thought he was a Weymouth, Dorset lad so would make perfect sense to tie up with Poole. The guy has plenty of talent for sure at only 18

At Plymouth?

16 hours ago, lewy said:

Will Poole be changing any of the top 5?

Possibly!!  All will become clearer in the next week or so.;) Even though Danny has (a) tough decision(s) to make.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Just noticed the normally well informed THJ has left Ellis out of the team in the forum subject for Champ Teams for 2021 but left Ben Cook in. I assume he concurs like I that he won't be here under the max 3 league POL rule for POL 2nd Div riders.

If we were to assume (just for this debate) that Ellis was not riding Champ, plus Cook left out, then if  Anders Rowe as a young 18 year old Brit was reassessed as a young 3 star Brit then the points would indeed allow Schlein & Rowe in under the limit. Both just switch over from Somerset for the season.

Geographically one would assume no problem for either as Rowe was due to do Swindon & Somerset and Schlein would have done Somerset for his last season in UK together with Wolves in Prem ??

More food for thought. Unless of course has has signed POL which I assume blows that one up possibly. Maybe not though if not doing SWE/DK.

That would mean Schlein coming in as the new number 1 - I don't see that somehow.  Also Anders finished in Somerset's 1-5 so may not get the right 'star rating' for a reserve?

Edited by Skidder1

28 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

.... Also Anders finished in Somerset's 1-5 so may not get the right 'star rating' for a reserve?

There's always the "In the best interests of the sport" rule to fall back on.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Be very surprised to see Rory at Poole in 202, would require 3 changes to allow this to happen. 

Plus it's approximately 1775 years before his birth

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just to add to the intrigue around Poole's team re-building for 2021, on the facebook 'Memories of Poole Pirates' page, the administrator posted a Speedway Star cover showing Jason Crump and Bjarne Pedersen winning the Pairs back in 2007.

Underneath was a comment from Matt Ford " Watch out for some extremely exciting news about these guys"!!!

Let the intrigue commence.............

• Like 1

On 1/23/2021 at 12:54 PM, Lefty said:

There's always the "In the best interests of the sport" rule to fall back on.

Yip.

40 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Just to add to the intrigue around Poole's team re-building for 2021, on the facebook 'Memories of Poole Pirates' page, the administrator posted a Speedway Star cover showing Jason Crump and Bjarne Pedersen winning the Pairs back in 2007.

Underneath was a comment from Matt Ford " Watch out for some extremely exciting news about these guys"!!!

Has Matt Ford found the best loophole for rising star scheme ever??? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Would it suprise you?

5 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

More likely the Adam Ellis replacement.

6 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

I smell a red herring

or

Jason and Bjarne on a combined 30 point average

or

They are both riding for Ipswich (or Sheffield, not really up to date with current rumours!)! (It doesn't say 'exciting Poole news' it says 'exciting news about these guys')

Edited by lisa-colette