British Speedway Forum

I see Troy Batchelor is looking at riding in the championship this season 

24 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

I see Troy Batchelor is looking at riding in the championship this season 

Where'd ya hear that?

1 hour ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

surely his average would be 12.00

His last Premiership average was 8.82 so his Champ average would be 13.23

Cant see it happening to be fair unless he can get that average to 8.00 or below 

3 hours ago, Pirate Rich said:

https://t.co/vXTdtF6ZEY?amp=1    Is this likely?

No planning application yet and I haven't seen the Council requesting expressions of interest. It appears that the one director of the company has a very chequered past.

Unless of course he is part of Matt Ford's 'consortium' to take on the whole stadium?!

25 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

No planning application yet and I haven't seen the Council requesting expressions of interest. It appears that the one director of the company has a very chequered past.

Unless of course he is part of Matt Ford's 'consortium' to take on the whole stadium?!

You can see that going down a wow with the apartment owners on top of the stadium. Speedway noise travels.

Much as I as a speedway fan would enjoy a free ringside seat from my balcony, heaven help what the rest of the residents would think of it.

The redevelopment idea/plan is very impressive and in line with what I would expect on prime Dorset land. A speedway track in a high end residential area I would be very surprised to see.

Love to be proved wrong. I lived in a 13th floor high riser overlooking Hackney Marshes when I first got married in 1975. I used to go to the track regular as only one mile away. I can assure you it could be loud enough back then even from there so lord knows how much noise these residents would have to put up with.

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

You can see that going down a wow with the apartment owners on top of the stadium. Speedway noise travels.

Much as I as a speedway fan would enjoy a free ringside seat from my balcony, heaven help what the rest of the residents would think of it.

The redevelopment idea/plan is very impressive and in line with what I would expect on prime Dorset land. A speedway track in a high end residential area I would be very surprised to see.

Love to be proved wrong. I lived in a 13th floor high riser overlooking Hackney Marshes when I first got married in 1975. I used to go to the track regular as only one mile away. I can assure you it could be loud enough back then even from there so lord knows how much noise these residents would have to put up with.

1975 was before silencers - no comparison to today's noise levels.

13 hours ago, Sotonian said:

1975 was before silencers - no comparison to today's noise levels.

Yes I know. However would you be keen as a high end purchaser really be happy to have the noise on your door step. 

Will be intrigued to see how this develops (if at all). The development is mightily impressive, but the speedway track. Let's see. 

38 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Yes I know. However would you be keen as a high end purchaser really be happy to have the noise on your door step. 

Will be intrigued to see how this develops (if at all). The development is mightily impressive, but the speedway track. Let's see. 

i think stadia uk will be long gone before that happens .does anyone believes there will be a speedway track in the middle of development of this size ?

Edited by ray c

Schilen, King and Worrall, got to be the strongest top 3 in the league, got to be as strong as some of the top 3 in the premiership 

• Like 1