British Speedway Forum

2 minutes ago, ray c said:

Never realized he was that exciting :D to much of a risk on that average 

I'm not saying he is particularly exciting,  just that in my opinion people would turn out to see him for his final season

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ray c said:

you both seem happy to see the demise of poole speedway 

Don’t be daft, just amused at the suggestion of rule bending five minutes after you’ve changed leagues :D

Anyway I wouldn’t call it a ‘demise’ at all, you are moving into a good, competitive league with more teams, more things to win and some great tracks. Don’t knock it til you’ve tried it.

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Don’t be daft, just amused at the suggestion of rule bending five minutes after you’ve changed leagues :D

Anyway I wouldn’t call it a ‘demise’ at all, you are moving into a good, competitive league with more teams, more things to win and some great tracks. Don’t knock it til you’ve tried it.

Some of us are just amused that it is considered 'rule bending' when it is in the rules you can ASK for a reduction if they haven't ridden over here for at least 3 years! 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Pirate Rich said:

I would still have Bjarne on an eleven point average, he will put bums on seats which is what we need isn't it?

Surely not at 11.06 as although could score reasonable points, do you really want to tie up 11.06 when we know he is highly unlikely to achieve anything like that. Also if the team limit is in the 41 point range.

Ok, as we are on Danes and as Ford Jr mentioned according to Skidder that we may see some old faces as well as some new riders let me throw this one back out there.

Hans Andersen just turned 39 this month and is 2 yrs 3 months younger than Bjarne.

His Champ GSA converting his final Prem GSA x 1.6 would be 9.26. I know which one I would rather have,

Hans is a Poole asset and I think would like to have been retained in Prem but couldnt due to his then av and team building. He already stated on twitter he is thinking seriously  of his position in 2020. Rumour on POL Sportfakty that he may drop from POL Nice 1 to 2nd Div as a team has shown interest and no guarantee Lodz will have him back. He was dissappointed he was left out of their last meeting. I also think maybe his SWE career maybe over as he didnt do anything last season.

PERHAPS he is realising that globetrotting around Europe over 4 leagues in his twilight years is becoming  too much and maybe he can save costs on travelling/bikes/mechanics etc by doubling up in UK with say Peterborough and Poole. He has strong connections with Poole via Sponsors such as I believe Meridian Lifts (apologies if I have wrong sponsor).

Maybe as a heat leader in Champ it could help get his confidence back and he could earn well stacking up the points one league down and with say Peterborough in Prem.

For me on a 9.26 based on what I think is a highly false Prem 5.79 having struggled after his injury and bad concussion for me would be a no brainer. His gating skills alone would have him in front at the first bend in many races against inferior opposition one league down.

Its an interesting scenario if he could be convinced ;)

47 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Some of us are just amused that it is considered 'rule bending' when it is in the rules you can ASK for a reduction if they haven't ridden over here for at least 3 years! 

If it is then fair enough but that’s one of several rule that needs binning. Or perhaps it should be a rule that if you ask you risk it being increased instead ;)

46 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

If it is then fair enough but that’s one of several rule that needs binning. Or perhaps it should be a rule that if you ask you risk it being increased instead ;)

It is a rule that could be increased, although I doubt it in Pedersens case.

Also not sure where the 1.6 conversion comes in as people state, when the 2019 rules state it was 1.5 for 2019.

16.2.6 AMENDED MA’s have been amended with the Approval of the BSPA GC or Directors for:

a) Riders who have been absent from British Speedway racing for more than 3 seasons (NB. The MA may be increased or decreased).

b) Riders who have been absent for more than 1 full season due to injury.

c) Any rider who has been or is eligible to compete in the NDL (and has not represented another FMN, other than the ACU) will receive a 2.5% reduction on their MA.

d) a rider who moves between the Premiership and Championship leagues and requires a converted MA, the conversion factor will be 1.5

50 minutes ago, double_O said:

It is a rule that could be increased, although I doubt it in Pedersens case.

Also not sure where the 1.6 conversion comes in as people state, when the 2019 rules state it was 1.5 for 2019.

16.2.6 AMENDED MA’s have been amended with the Approval of the BSPA GC or Directors for:

a) Riders who have been absent from British Speedway racing for more than 3 seasons (NB. The MA may be increased or decreased).

b) Riders who have been absent for more than 1 full season due to injury.

c) Any rider who has been or is eligible to compete in the NDL (and has not represented another FMN, other than the ACU) will receive a 2.5% reduction on their MA.

d) a rider who moves between the Premiership and Championship leagues and requires a converted MA, the conversion factor will be 1.5

http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/news.php?extend.35805

The BSPA are delighted to report that the 2018 AGM has successfully concluded and has delivered a number of positive benefits for 2019 and equally importantly, stability going forward.

British Speedway in 2018 has achieved tremendous success in the International and European competitions. The British Premiership, Championship and National Development Leagues have entertained a growing and more diverse audience by consistently delivering speedway of the highest quality.

It is clear from the data received from our media partners that British Speedway remain fit for purpose as a sports product. On this basis the BSPA have identified that the evolution of the regulations combined with delivering general stability through the sport, and a league structure that enables a clear progression pathway, are some of the key objectives for the short and medium term.

The following 2019 actions are designed to deliver against this criterion:

• New Limited Company -The BSPA has now agreed to transition to a Ltd Company from the 1st December 2018. The new company will be; The British Speedway Promoters’ Association Ltd. In accordance with British accountancy requirements, the BSPA business will submit timely audited accounts to Companies House. All current business assets will be transferred in their entirety and the association remains financially viable. The articles of association have been approved at the AGM. 

• BSPA Management Committee – These roles now transition to the role of Director in the new LTD Company. For continuity of leadership during this transition period, it is decided that for the next 12 months, all current roles such as President, Chairman, Vice-Chairman and Management Committee members all transition to the new Ltd Company, with Chris Louis nominated as a reserve Director.

• BSPA Communications – To ensure that the good work of the BSPA is communicated correctly, the BSPA will pilot a monthly press release generated by the Directors.

• The International Speedway League Bureaux (ISLB) – Agreement has again been reached that Great Britain has secured ‘protected rider’ race days for Monday and Thursday within the European events calendar. The British Premiership League will race on Mondays and Thursdays for 2019. This will assist each team to present a more consistent rider line-up to their supporters.

• GB Speedway Team - has delivered a fresh brand image and new look to the GB Speedway Team, that has delivered success both on and off track. The BSPA are delighted to confirm that Rob Painter and his team at VRX Motorsport will continue to run, in accordance with the BSPA licence terms and condition, GB Team Speedway through to the contract renewal in 2020. In addition, the BSPA have agreed that Alun Rossiter and Neil Vatcher will, under the same licence conditions, retain their roles through to 2020. They are GB Speedway Team Manager and Young Lions U21 Team Manager respectively.  

• GB Speedway Team Test Matches – Every effort will be made to stage 3 GB based test matches during 2019. 

• The BSPA League Structures for 2019 will be; (NB to support the progression of riders who have progressed through the National Development League, all riders will receive a 2.5% reduction in their average)

Premiership League – Commencing April 2019
• 7 Clubs 
• 7 Rider teams 
• 42.5 Average 
• Minimum rider points average of 3 ‘achieved’ and not assessed
• 15 heat events
• League - home and away twice + Play-offs
• New ‘Premiership Supporters Cup’ with 1 race ‘fans nominated’ via social media – Full details to follow but 1st event provisionally scheduled for 8th April
• Each Club to stage one round of the British Youth Championship in 2019

Championship League – Commencing April 2019
Conversion rate for 2019 will be 1.5, 2020 will be 1.6 and 2021 will be 1.7
• Up to 12 Clubs
• 7 Rider teams
• 38.0 Average
• 15 heat events
• League – Home and away once + Play-offs
• Shield – 3 Groups of 4 + Winners of each group + best runner-up
• Knock-out-Cup 

• National League – AGM to be held on the 28th November 2018

• 2019 Premiership Clubs
• Poole
• King's Lynn
• Belle Vue
• Swindon
• Wolverhampton
• Peterborough
• Ipswich

• 2019 Championship Clubs
• Berwick
• Edinburgh 
• Glasgow
• Redcar 
• Sheffield
• Scunthorpe
• Newcastle 
• Somerset 
• Leicester 
• Workington
• Two National Development League clubs will be joining the Championship and both clubs will be formally announcing their elevation over the next few days.

• National Supporters Club Group  
• The BSPA is looking to establish a national supporters club group. Each official or designated supporters club, will be invited to nominate one liaison member from their club. The purpose is to provide supporters with a mechanism to express views, share ideas and have an active communication channel with the BSPA. More information to follow with the aim to be active before the commencement of the 2019 season.

• Rider ‘doubling down’ and rider progression opportunities
• For a number of reasons, the BSPA has activated a phased 5-year plan to create a clear progression ladder for up-and-coming riders. In addition, the plan will gradually reduce the number of ‘doubling down’ riders between the Premiership and Championship Clubs. For 2019 the Championship Club rider average has been reduced to 38 points. The average conversion rate from Premiership to Championship will be 1.5. This conversion rate will increase (For example 1.6 in 2020) by one tenth of a point each year until the rate reaches 2.0. 

• Speedway GB press office report
• New Style website peaked at 139,500 hits per day
• Facebook in excess of 20,000 likes
• Twitter has in excess 25,000 followers
• Instagram followers of 2,481

BT Sport
• Are a valued partner again for 2019
• The coverage has attracted an average of 98,000 unique viewers
• Viewership of speedway on BT Sport has increased 41% year on year

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, ray c said:

Never realized he was that exciting :D to much of a risk on that average 

B*yawn*e was never exciting.  His gating was more than decent & he was fast enough to be an effective chicane against any rider.

He was a reliable above average second heat leader at most in Britain ten years ago. I doubt he got that far up the Ekstraliga & Eliteserin ladder.

He wouldn't put my bum on any seat.

Poole look back, last time he rode over here he was feigning iinjury so you could use Tungate as a guest!!

Edited by Col
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Col said:

B*yawn*e was never exciting.  His gating was more than decent & he was fast enough to be an effective chicane against any rider.

He was a reliable above average second heat leader at most in Britain ten years ago. I doubt he got that far up the Ekstraliga & Eliteserin ladder.

Poole look back, last time he rode over here he was feigning iinjury so you could use Tungate as a guest!!

that's what my post said never going to put bums on seats :t:

Quote by Matt Ford on SpeedwayGB yesterday:

I personally have to see Bjarne ride Wimborne Road again before he retires, whether that be as a Pirate, in a Challenge match or at his own Farewell meeting

8 hours ago, Col said:

Bjarne Pedersen was a top number one for Poole for quite a few seasons during their dominance in the mid 2000’s. 

He is way past his best now, but was certainly a class act back in his day. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PolarBjerre said:

Bjarne Pedersen was a top number one for Poole for quite a few seasons during their dominance in the mid 2000’s. 

He announced this week that he is retiring at the end of the 2020 season( riding in Danish league and for Opole in Poland)

29 minutes ago, PolarBjerre said:

He made himself very unpopular at Birmingham by not trying!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, *JJ said:

He made himself very unpopular at Birmingham by not trying!

He was a top class diamond aswell

16 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

• National Supporters Club Group  
• The BSPA is looking to establish a national supporters club group. Each official or designated supporters club, will be invited to nominate one liaison member from their club. The purpose is to provide supporters with a mechanism to express views, share ideas and have an active communication channel with the BSPA. More information to follow with the aim to be active before the commencement of the 2019 season.

what happened to this, did it ever take off - can't recall anything about it at Birmingham ??