British Speedway Forum

29 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

King average 7.43 last season at Poole. While riding at 5. Which is pretty impressive. Also first meeting he got 1 point after falling in 3 rides. But imagine he will Be on for 10 points most meetings at home. 

https://poole-speedway.com/fixtures-results/view/Poole-Pirates-v-Ipswich-Witches-23-09-19

https://poole-speedway.com/fixtures-results/view/poole-pirates-v-ipswich-witches-16-09-19

https://poole-speedway.com/fixtures-results/view/poole-pirates-v-ipswich-witches-09-05-19

I stand by my earlier statement.  Just going by last season he wasn't that great.  Yes I have missed out 1 meeting above where he got 13, however overall at Poole he was not overly impressive and riding at No. 5 in a watered down Premier league he should've done better.  I like Danny, but his home form (not away) next season is a minor concern for me.

44 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Good luck to Swindon Reserves next year.  :)

Thanks for renting our assets. 

also not sure why you are happy. You will be affected more than anyone else with Poole. No big crowds now In local derbies. 

11 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Thanks for renting our assets. 

also not sure why you are happy. You will be affected more than anyone else with Poole. No big crowds now In local derbies. 

There’ll be bigger crowds this year to watch the Champions, especially when Sheffield and BV come to town.

Poole have been a bit low rent and underwhelming for the last few seasons.

1 hour ago, poolebolton said:

Would have to agree. It is very hard at all. Does help 2/3 of the Poole promoters happen to work for a website company. 

But all the clubs part of the Pearson media tree, Wolves, Swindon, Leicester, Sheffield, Somerset, Kent, Lynn, Pboro have awful social media. 

Yeah there's definitely a common denominator with them all. It's frustrating when one tweet, regardless of origin, can be seen by hundreds, thousands and even millions of people and yet there seems little effort to put any effort in. I happened to look at a Championship club's Twitter the other night, they follow about 150 people, most of which are other speedway clubs/accounts - why aren't they getting out there following journalists/media etc etc and spreading their name? Baffling.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, DC2 said:

There’ll be bigger crowds this year to watch the Champions, especially when Sheffield and BV come to town.

Not what you're promoters are saying so.  

5 minutes ago, JCookie said:

Yeah there's definitely a common denominator with them all. It's frustrating when one tweet, regardless of origin, can be seen by hundreds, thousands and even millions of people and yet there seems little effort to put any effort in. I happened to look at a Championship club's Twitter the other night, they follow about 150 people, most of which are other speedway clubs/accounts - why aren't they getting out there following journalists/media etc etc and spreading their name? Baffling.

Its awful. Poole have gained 400 followers since we dropped down. 

Somerset and Kent are truly embarrassing with it. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

The team we are putting together wouldn't look out of place in the premier league, would certainly give some of the team's a run for there money 

There is no Premier League any more, I take it you mean the Premiership? If so, can't agree with your suggestion of their team strength! 

5 hours ago, JCookie said:

The thing is it doesn't really take a lot to put decent stuff together (taking nothing away from those who do). I used to mess around on photoshop when I was 16/17 and the stuff that came out was better than most team's social medias.

Never really understood why clubs don't just get a local University student to do some volunteer work, put a few photos/videos together and make some content, everyone's a winner.

quite right jc several local non league teams have had a student from bournemouth uni media course do all such work and have done for several years,believe it can be incorporated into their course,as one graduates a new student takes over,

4 hours ago, DC2 said:

So you disagree with your club's owner and Promoters then?

1. Danny king 8.45
2. Stefan Nielsen 4.40
3. Steve Worrall 7.39
5. (Adam ellis 7.8)??
=28.04
Leaves 12.96
And we know the reserves are lower than Stefans average as we know hes not starting at reserve. 

14 hours ago, ASpeedwayfan said:

1. Danny king 8.45
2. Stefan Nielsen 4.40
3. Steve Worrall 7.39
5. (Adam ellis 7.8)??
=28.04
Leaves 12.96
And we know the reserves are lower than Stefans average as we know hes not starting at reserve. 

Could be the makings of a good side but i think there are stronger teams so far and yes i know this isnt complete

King and Worrall unlikely to improve their averages and Nielsen is injury prone and a risk in the top 5.

Ellis will be a great signing

14 hours ago, ASpeedwayfan said:

1. Danny king 8.45
2. Stefan Nielsen 4.40
3. Steve Worrall 7.39
5. (Adam ellis 7.8)??
=28.04
Leaves 12.96

To be fair, that would be the side to beat if they sign Ellis.

Poole could have a 6.96 rider and 4 and 2 at reserve.

Looking at who’s left:

King

Nielsen

Worrall

Lesser Bjerre

Ellis

Kennedy/MacDonald/4 point Aussie

Bowtell

Or Berge, Kinsley and Hume to support a couple of young Brits.

Edited by DC2

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Looking at who’s left:

King

Nielsen

Worrall

Lesser Bjerre

Ellis

Kennedy/MacDonald/4 point Aussie

Bowtell

Or Berge, Kinsley and Hume to support a couple of young Brits.

What about a new young Dane?