British Speedway Forum

12 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

No sadly not, I have spoken to him as was keen to sponsor the rider if he came to Poole. Maybe another Dane is a better option ;)

Well can think of at least one who could add at least 1 if not 2 points to his av if anyone cares to do a bit of stats digging. Also has proven form in both leagues ;).

Makes us a bit weaker at reserve but well worth the trade off imo.

16 hours ago, dave1075 said:

Surprised he wasn’t in the Kent line up at reserve alongside Jack Thomas who was on a 2.42 average, they would have been a far stronger reserve pairing then Ledwith & Gilkes.

Kent had 6.23 to play with at reserve, Morley & Thomas totalled 6.13 whereas Ledwith &  Gilkes totalled 6.00. 

Another thing to note is that Morley & Thomas are in the top 3 scorers in Kent’s history in the National League.

Maybe Ben Morley and Jack Thomas didn't want to ride for Kent?

30 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Maybe Ben Morley and Jack Thomas didn't want to ride for Kent?

My observations at Leicester this year was that Scott Nicholls took an active mentoring role with Jack. An opportunity to extend that at Kent would seem to have been an attraction?

1 hour ago, False dawn said:

My observations at Leicester this year was that Scott Nicholls took an active mentoring role with Jack. An opportunity to extend that at Kent would seem to have been an attraction?

Is that the same Jack Thomas who walked away half way through the season?

1 hour ago, Wee Eck said:

Is that the same Jack Thomas who walked away half way through the season?

Allegedly because of non payment of wages, no doubt you would work without being payed. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tyretrax said:

Allegedly because of non payment of wages, no doubt you would work without being payed. :rolleyes:

My point is the mentoring can’t have been that good if it didn’t cover guiding him about being paid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wee Eck said:

My point is the mentoring can’t have been that good if it didn’t cover guiding him about being paid.

I take your point and I don't know the truth of this. However, Scotty can't be held responsible for the alleged actions of the promotion 

On 12/15/2019 at 3:55 PM, RobMcCaffery said:

Changed my mind Skidder when reading your ignorant and hostile drivel and thought I'd have a little fun.Clearly that's not possible since you are such an arrogant piece of work. You will be totally out of place in the CL. This was my fear when I heard Poole were self-relegating - your unpleasantness along with too many like you at Wimborne Road can only pollute an otherwise relaxed and fun league. Hopefully it'll only be for a year since all you and your club can do is corrupt the league you're in. Keep signing the cheques, it clearly makes you a very superior person....

Why don't you do one McCaffery you knob head

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ArthurRudge said:

Why don't you do one McCaffery you knob head

Please don't stoop to his level of personal insults!!  He clearly has some sort of big bag of King Edwards on his shoulder about me, other Poole fans and all things to do with Poole!!:nono:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Please don't stoop to his level of personal insults!!  He clearly has some sort of big bag of King Edwards on his shoulder about me, other Poole fans and all things to do with Poole!!:nono:

And the rest of us.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

McCaffrey had a go at me a couple of season ago for daring to say I had a HD Polish feed of an Extraleague meeting when he couldn’t get it. Found him to be a very strange person and steered well clear. I just ignored him to be honest. Clearly knowledgeable but very strange behaviour. Couldn’t post on the international thread without him coming on with some kind of abuse.

He certainly doesn’t like Poole or many, if any Poole fans. His latest outbursts on Stewkesbury and how Poole are going to wreck the championship is frankly hysterical ranting. I wonder if he has some type of issue and we should take this into account?

• Like 2