British Speedway Forum

57 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Be good to see Shovvys posts in this section, shame Newport aren’t running anymore !!!

sadly, he will bring the dross out of the Poole threads with him like Lisa the full time mummy and Skidmark . Not to mention Starman. 

Not quite sure what i'm supposed to have done to be referred to as 'dross' but if it helps to make your day then dross away!!

im sure a lot of people will disagree with me . so here goes I believe we will find winning this league will be far more difficult than winning the premiership . a lot of assets we have acquired over the years will not be able to ride for us because of averages and maybe don't want to drop down a league anyway . I also think this league is more of a level playing field . be interesting to see how other people view this just my opinion 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

I think with the potential of 14 clubs, there isn’t enough top riders around. The only way I can see this working is the points limit increases,  to allow some top riders being able to double up. 

Then they can call it PL 2 !

49 minutes ago, ray c said:

im sure a lot of people will disagree with me . so here goes I believe we will find winning this league will be far more difficult than winning the premiership . a lot of assets we have acquired over the years will not be able to ride for us because of averages and maybe don't want to drop down a league anyway . I also think this league is more of a level playing field . be interesting to see how other people view this just my opinion 

No, you are right. You see it as a bad thing though? Just the impression I am getting, but i see it as a good thing. With more teams you have to work hard to get into the playoffs and really deserve it but in the PL all you have to do is not finish bottom 3! More of a level playing field is a good thing surely. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ASpeedwayfan said:

But its not a done deal so seems risky to sign riders before knowing what league you're in. And if we've signed riders why not tell us

Poole always announce when they are ready! They have never announced as soon as they are signed even in the PL. 

6 hours ago, ray c said:

I think you will find whatever Assets we have in this country already ride in the championship

10 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

I think you will find whatever Assets we have in this country already ride in the championship

But not Kurtz, Grajczonek, Klindt and Holder.

53 minutes ago, DC2 said:

But not Kurtz, Grajczonek, Klindt and Holder.

yes and that's only four from last years team

On 10/30/2019 at 5:55 PM, ray c said:

yes and that's only four from last years team

Interesting the lack of input coming in on possible 2020 team although appreciate we have not yet been accepted with the opening day of the annual get together still 9 days away. Even so for what has been the most visited and commented Club on this Forum over the last few years a surprising lack of interest although see some still holding on to Poole 2020 in a Forum they wont even e involved with i.e SGB Premiership Speedway.

I thought I read somewhere not so long ago that Ford/s may use some of the team for 2020 in Champ that took part this year in Prem.

Must admit and appreciate it requires a new mind set up to what we are used to, but if that involves i.e THJ and Wells then can't say I would be getting excited. Having said that of course has to be taken alongside what is the 2020 Champ team limit and who else is being considered. 

I assume we an near enough exclude both Holders/Kurtz/Klindt and I assume Josh G who had doubled up for years prior to now riding POL and I hear also taking on DK (and no doubt if he could get it SWE).

That in effect leaves Covatti who was with Somerset and said he may not return to ride UK in 2020 - Worrall who rode for Leicester plus THJ & Wells.

Despite a number of teams already naming some of their riders already for 2020 I assume Poole will name none until they are accepted but I, as no doubt others, are intrigued as to who might be coming over as I see names such  as King maybe coming over with Sheffield going up. I wonder if the uninspiring Kurtz senior may also be considered in similar circumstances as he was living with Brady in one of Middlo's accomodations for the last few years ??.

Going to be interesting that despite Ford saying the Champ costs are approx 25% cheaper is still up against the fact that as we stand he has NO major team sponsor after the loss of the Carpet Baggers.... - Lost 3 other major sponsors prior to the 2019 starting and lost a shed load of money. Is a cost saving of 25% going to really make so much difference in the absence of replacement sponsor with potentially lower crowds also factored in.

What I suppose I am driving at is whether the Ford's are going to have much money to build a quality team to challenge for honours or will it be a team more made up of cheaper options who may achieve at best mid table.

Edited by STEVEHOLS54
put wrong league in team av. should be Champ not Prem

It will be interesting to see whether Poole can exercise first refusal over any of their assets or whether they effectively have to start from scratch and get in quick to pinch riders from other clubs before they agree to stay put.

Ellis Perks, Charles Wright and Kyle Newman, for example.

Has Kyle already signed for Eastbourne and is Ellis not likely to stay put at the champions and Charles up north at Redcar?

Edited by DC2

33 minutes ago, DC2 said:

It will be interesting to see whether Poole can exercise first refusal over any of their assets or whether they effectively have to start from scratch and get in quick to pinch riders from other clubs before they agree to stay put.

Has Kyle already signed for Eastbourne and is Ellis not likely to stay put at the champions and Charles up north at Redcar?

Yep, Wright has already said Poole is too far to travel. 

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

I'm sure there will be an element of 'quid-pro-quo' with certain other teams who want to use some Poole assets.

Ellis who isn't a Poole asset but still has Poole-based sponsors, can stay with Robins as they are Premiership. Doubt he will line up again at Brum with them having signed Bomber plus he has signed a Danish league contract - which is not impossible to work around fixture-wise as Poole did with Klindt and Hans in previous seasons before FRN were introduced..

There are very strong whispers from the various Poole sponsors and others that at least 4 rider contracts have already been offered - 3 of whom were Championship heat leaders this season plus one reserve.

Edited by Skidder1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

There are very strong whispers from the various Poole sponsors and others that at least 4 rider contracts have already been offered - 3 of whom were Championship heat leaders this season plus one reserve.

Hmmm interesting.

My thoughts on H/L would revolve around Morris (living Swindon way) - Ellis (who probably lives closer to Poole than Brum who have signed Harris anyway, and with his Swindon connection) - Ryan Douglas maybe (as said he wanted to move South as planing to take on POL and is moving I think closer to Morris). - Danny King as Sheffield moving up and was already a rumour on the Forum he may have been approached - Richie Worrall as he is an over 8 Champ rider and is already part of Poole 2019. Would prefer maybe Morris/Ellis over him as also not proven as over his nasty injury and is VERY up and down.

Others COULD be Nichols in view of his proximity in living closer to Poole since he moved house last year or so - Howarth due to Sheffield moving up but he is not an 8 point plus man and lives up North. Dark horse would be Erik Riss who rides Poole well and also rides for Kings Lynn in the South in Prem.

As for reserve the likes of maybe Shanes who is local - Nicol/Kennedy/Macdonald ( as part if not all 3 could be out at Sheffield with the move up) - Would love to see maybe Jordan Stewart but maybe a tad too high for reserve at 5.74 but feel an improving young Aussie - Steffan Nielsen maybe but he has to trek down South and I question if he is injury prone and has his confidence suffered this year after that nasty injury at Poole in 2018. Maybe prefers to stay North with Scunthorpe.

Can't think of many others when looking at the final Champ GSA's. Also will Poole go down the strength in depth route or go for more H/L with a weaker reserve duo or one strong and one N/L lad.

Will be interesting to see what pans out and of course depending no doubt on what a not so well off Club offers as possible contract terms to the alleged riders they have offered them to. I think with the larger amount of clubs now in the Champ some of these so called established H/L may be able to pick and choose what is on offer to suit them both geographically and financially.

4 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Hmmm interesting.

My thoughts on H/L would revolve around Morris (living Swindon way) - Ellis (who probably lives closer to Poole than Brum who have signed Harris anyway, and with his Swindon connection) - Ryan Douglas maybe (as said he wanted to move South as planing to take on POL and is moving I think closer to Morris). - Danny King as Sheffield moving up and was already a rumour on the Forum he may have been approached - Richie Worrall as he is an over 8 Champ rider and is already part of Poole 2019. Would prefer maybe Morris/Ellis over him as also not proven as over his nasty injury and is VERY up and down.

Others COULD be Nichols in view of his proximity in living closer to Poole since he moved house last year or so - Howarth due to Sheffield moving up but he is not an 8 point plus man and lives up North. Dark horse would be Erik Riss who rides Poole well and also rides for Kings Lynn in the South in Prem.

As for reserve the likes of maybe Shanes who is local - Nicol/Kennedy/Macdonald ( as part if not all 3 could be out at Sheffield with the move up) - Would love to see maybe Jordan Stewart but maybe a tad too high for reserve at 5.74 but feel an improving young Aussie - Steffan Nielsen maybe but he has to trek down South and I question if he is injury prone and has his confidence suffered this year after that nasty injury at Poole in 2018. Maybe prefers to stay North with Scunthorpe.

Can't think of many others when looking at the final Champ GSA's. Also will Poole go down the strength in depth route or go for more H/L with a weaker reserve duo or one strong and one N/L lad.

Will be interesting to see what pans out and of course depending no doubt on what a not so well off Club offers as possible contract terms to the alleged riders they have offered them to. I think with the larger amount of clubs now in the Champ some of these so called established H/L may be able to pick and choose what is on offer to suit them both geographically and financially.

I missed the enigmatic Ricky Wells but he is only 7.05 so not a H/L and would have lots of reservations on him especially away. Not for me thanks.