British Speedway Forum

29 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Grondal 5.04 from 2018, compared to any new Dane on 5 or Jeppesen on 5.2.

Mad   :)

Low risk/ high reward. 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2019 at 11:51 PM, Pirates Of Poole said:

No, if it all comes together he will be a great addition to the team. Couple of bits to sort but it will be down to the club to announce him once everything is in place. 

A Dane at a Wednesday track?   Sounds very silly.   Better go down the Australian route...... 

For us Poole fans not in the know can someone maybe share this rumour of who maybe joining next season as no 5 or 4 point reserve etc. 

8 hours ago, Sunliner said:

For us Poole fans not in the know can someone maybe share this rumour of who maybe joining next season as no 5 or 4 point reserve etc. 

secret service always has been :nono:

• Like 1

You can't stop riders, mechanics, sponsors, track staff from talking names before the club wants to make announcements official!!

Sometimes sponsors are given a heads-up as they are asked to assist with finance, but its not their place to make announcements until the club wants to go public officially.

Edited by Skidder1

11 hours ago, crescent girl said:

A Dane at a Wednesday track?   Sounds very silly.   Better go down the Australian route...... 

Didn't Hans Andersen ride for Poole awhile ago ?.

4 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Didn't Hans Andersen ride for Poole awhile ago ?.

Nicolai Klindt before FRNs, Freddie Jacobsen, Bjarne Pedersen, Leon Madsen, Tom Knudsen..........

Edited by Skidder1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

You can't stop riders, mechanics, sponsors, track staff from talking names before the club wants to make announcements official!!

Sometimes sponsors are given a heads-up as they are asked to assist with finance, but its not their place to make announcements until the club wants to go public officially.

Skidder - What chance do you think Matt getting a reduction for EG IF he was injured in 2019 or missed the season, 2.5% or is it 5% ??

Asking because if he is liable for even 2.5% then it leaves us just above the 4 meaning they could (if they wanted to) sign another young Aussie at reserve.  I know you mentioned maybe one depending on how Aussie results go. Looking at the Aussie 5 round Champs between 4/11th Jan and the 16 riders announced (plus reserves), I can only see one rider really, who openly stated on twitter on 15/11 and as reported in S Star shortly after that he was ready for a contract in UK in 2020. That was ZK as MG is only in at  reserve. I know MG has POL sorted for 2020 and would have been a contender for me as only 19.

32 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Skidder - What chance do you think Matt getting a reduction for EG IF he was injured in 2019 or missed the season, 2.5% or is it 5% ??

Asking because if he is liable for even 2.5% then it leaves us just above the 4 meaning they could (if they wanted to) sign another young Aussie at reserve.  I know you mentioned maybe one depending on how Aussie results go. Looking at the Aussie 5 round Champs between 4/11th Jan and the 16 riders announced (plus reserves), I can only see one rider really, who openly stated on twitter on 15/11 and as reported in S Star shortly after that he was ready for a contract in UK in 2020. That was ZK as MG is only in at  reserve. I know MG has POL sorted for 2020 and would have been a contender for me as only 19.

It looks like a Grondal rode eight matches this year in the Danish League.

Here’s their 2019 averages:

https://dt-speedway.dmusport.dk/ranglister?classID=781&divisionID=13

19 minutes ago, DC2 said:

It looks like a Grondal rode eight matches this year in the Danish League.

Here’s their 2019 averages:

https://dt-speedway.dmusport.dk/ranglister?classID=781&divisionID=13

Yep I checked all that in advance plus those he did ride in as was not incl in a good few of the matches. BUT was he injured when UK season started (or recovering still from his 2018 bad injury) which may be a reason he missed the Uk season meaning MAYBE he qualifies for a reduction. It's important because even if only 2.5% it would give Poole 4 for the last reserve slot which opens up more options, especially on the Aussie front, despite us already allegedly having one already who many seem to know who he is ;)

4 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Yep I checked all that in advance plus those he did ride in as was not incl in a good few of the matches. BUT was he injured when UK season started (or recovering still from his 2018 bad injury) which may be a reason he missed the Uk season meaning MAYBE he qualifies for a reduction. It's important because even if only 2.5% it would give Poole 4 for the last reserve slot which opens up more options, especially on the Aussie front, despite us already allegedly having one already who many seem to know who he is ;)

I also wonder if Poole would sign a rider on 5.04 knowing it would leave them possibly agonisingly short of 4 for the last slot.

Also  would surpise me a little if Matt Ford went for a rider who could not even command a UK place in 2019 when there are other possible better 5 point possibilities out there. Also maybe thinking is if he does not perform then you can always change during season but I would hope we don't have to go there.

Of course it could be as Skidder noted down to money on offer to riders if working still with strict budget if no main team sponsor on the horizon. Or that some of the options don't want to do UK or can't secure mechanics/sponsors to cover the cost of it all.

22 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I also wonder if Poole would sign a rider on 5.04 knowing it would leave them possibly agonisingly short of 4 for the last slot.

Also  would surpise me a little if Matt Ford went for a rider who could not even command a UK place in 2019 when there are other possible better 5 point possibilities out there. Also maybe thinking is if he does not perform then you can always change during season but I would hope we don't have to go there.

Of course it could be as Skidder noted down to money on offer to riders if working still with strict budget if no main team sponsor on the horizon. Or that some of the options don't want to do UK or can't secure mechanics/sponsors to cover the cost of it all.

Patrick Hansen who was the original Danish target needed mechanic and lots of other stuff as well as having a much busier European fixture commitment which would have meant quite a few fixture clashes at home and away for Poole - or any other Championship club!!!

As I've said previously with EG missing the whole of the 2019 British season due to recovery from his injuries I gather, then I would think MF would at least try to get a reduction to take his average under the 5 points.  But who knows - it may all change again if the Aussies throw up another superstar in the making. JC, CB and DW are all on the case for Matt!!

43 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Patrick Hansen who was the original Danish target needed mechanic and lots of other stuff as well as having a much busier European fixture commitment which would have meant quite a few fixture clashes at home and away for Poole - or any other Championship club!!!

As I've said previously with EG missing the whole of the 2019 British season due to recovery from his injuries I gather, then I would think MF would at least try to get a reduction to take his average under the 5 points.  But who knows - it may all change again if the Aussies throw up another superstar in the making. JC, CB and DW are all on the case for Matt!!

Grondal missed the whole of the 2019 GB season because no one wanted to sign him.

He was fit enough to ride eight matches in Denmark but was not signed by a GB club then.

No reduction is due, any more than it is for Tom Bacon, Josh Bates or Richie Worrall.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Grondal missed the whole of the 2019 GB season because no one wanted to sign him.

He was fit enough to ride eight matches in Denmark but was not signed by a GB club then.

No reduction is due, any more than it is for Tom Bacon, Josh Bates or Richie Worrall.

Of course as a Swindon fan who has gloated over Poole dropping to the Champ on many occasions during these cold/dark/Winter days, I assume you of course would not want any advantage for Poole be it legal or not.

Fact is that all 3 riders you name rode multiple meetings for their sides from the UK season start 2019 before injury intervened. It could be argued (and I am not for one minute say its true or fact) that Grondal was NOT fit or recovered from his serious 2018 injury to start or be considered for a full UK  season starting in March but had recovered a little more to do a restricted season in DK starting in May.

Depends on what you classify as injured. One of the reports of his crash at Peterborough stated he received a fractured pelvis - badly bruised ribs - Muscle damage and a blood clot. A further update from hospital stated he also had a punctured lung plus internal bleeding. 

Perhaps enough there to have put any rider off going for a comprehensive speedway schedule in order to fully recover from such nasty injuries.  Don't forget he only did some meetings in DK NOT a full schedule. I assume he is in Aussie trying to recover some fitness again for a 2020 fuller schedule.

I am sure Matt Ford is not trying to cheat the system - merely working to the rules IF Grondal is entitled to a reduction under the injured rider rule IF it applies for when the 2019 UK season started. In this case Grondal did not start the season or take part in any pert of it.

No doubt we will only find out if Grondal is actually signed and then if we get a 4 pointer in the the reserve slot. Only then we will probably find out that he recvd the ok from the relevant authorities to sign him on a small reduction. If not then I assume a N/L rider will be filling that last slot.

4 hours ago, DC2 said:

No he just had a very specific 'GB injury', most top riders have the same injury these days. Hancock would come in on a 4.5 average after his 'injury' reductions.

• Like 1