British Speedway Forum

Well you are in the know going on what i have read in the past on here,lets hope it's a bricks and mortar company not carpets.

14 hours ago, Dave Jones said:

That's as maybe, but without the necessary skills to do the job he will fail.

I saw plenty of Havvy during his spell at Coventry & concluded he wasn't cut out for the job , I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only person to think that either.

If he failed before because of his shortcomings of not noing the rulebook properly If will address that problem no doubt.Havelock also is a bubbly character good for moral and he will get the respect of the riders mainly because of what he achieved as a rider.

17 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

it's a bit depressing teams like Peterborough now seem to have 2 main team sponsors recently announced yet we still await news on who (or if) our one will be. I think most teams have sorted their main sponsors.

Also on that subject, and please correct me if I m wrong, but I am sure i saw on the Poole website until recently that Medicare Systems Poole were one of the clubs major sponsors for some time. Looking at the site the last few days Medicare no longer have their logo running across the top like the others. Is this another decent sponsor we have lost similar to what happened with some others over the 2018/19 seasons.

My apologies IF I am wrong.

If you look at the number of Peterborough sponsors compared to Poole's then I would be more concerned about the Panthers. But then I guess it's more about the amount of money rather than the number of sponsors. Poole are offering 4 levels of club sponsorship - a bit like Gold Silver Bronze etc each offering different levels of publicity and branding I imagine. Maybe it's just Danny getting all his 'ducks in a row' before updating the website sponsor pecking order?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

If you look at the number of Peterborough sponsors compared to Poole's then I would be more concerned about the Panthers. But then I guess it's more about the amount of money rather than the number of sponsors. Poole are offering 4 levels of club sponsorship - a bit like Gold Silver Bronze etc each offering different levels of publicity and branding I imagine. Maybe it's just Danny getting all his 'ducks in a row' before updating the website sponsor pecking order?

I do hope so Skidder.

I kind of get angry that my team - based in an affluent part of the Country should be getting more support/sponsorship if so rightly deserves.  There are plenty of reasonable well heeled individuals and companies in Dorset area who should be doing more to support our club.

I really hope they do secure a good main team sponsor plus as many smaller sponsors as possible. In fact I am about to enter the said arena with Poole myself for the very first time in my own smallish way. I hope that many others follow as it all contributes to a successful club that also allows us fans to participate in.

I live 3.5 hours away from Poole in Essex, but this team is my team of choice and I want to support in a way i can even though retired early (by my own choice). Appreciate not everyone can but there are a good few who could.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I do hope so Skidder.

I kind of get angry that my team - based in an affluent part of the Country should be getting more support/sponsorship if so rightly deserves.  There are plenty of reasonable well heeled individuals and companies in Dorset area who should be doing more to support our club.

I really hope they do secure a good main team sponsor plus as many smaller sponsors as possible. In fact I am about to enter the said arena with Poole myself for the very first time in my own smallish way. I hope that many others follow as it all contributes to a successful club that also allows us fans to participate in.

I live 3.5 hours away from Poole in Essex, but this team is my team of choice and I want to support in a way i can even though retired early (by my own choice). Appreciate not everyone can but there are a good few who could.

Sorry but Why should they? No one owes Poole Speedway anything 

• Like 3

Matt Ford to announce the final 2 riders 'in the next few days' according to their website www.poole-speedway.com

Accommodation is being sought for the two riders as MF no longer has his big house locally to offer them, having now moved fully abroad.

18 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

If he failed before because of his shortcomings of not noing the rulebook properly If will address that problem no doubt.Havelock also is a bubbly character good for moral and he will get the respect of the riders mainly because of what he achieved as a rider.

Judging by his Berwick antics he still doesn't know the rules and fell out with more than one rider there and down the road at Redcar but he will be good for your bar profits.

• Sad 1

would have preferred one manager for the whole season myself if neil could not then he should have stood down .still If its only for a few meetings on the northern circuit it don't really matter a managers role is not so important as it was many years ago when the manager could pick gate positions and tact subs etc just my opinion :D

• Like 1

There have often been occasions during the season when Middlo has not been available - even at home - and either the likes of Matt or Garry May and even Jim Lynch or A.N.Other has stepped in!

43 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

There have often been occasions during the season when Middlo has not been available - even at home - and either the likes of Matt or Garry May and even Jim Lynch or A.N.Other has stepped in!

it just proves what I said in my previous post that a managers role in speedway is not as important as it used to be .ps I am sure neil said I will stand if you want me to  

4 hours ago, ray c said:

it just proves what I said in my previous post that a managers role in speedway is not as important as it used to be .ps I am sure neil said I will stand if you want me to  

Think Pete Adams pee's off on holiday through the season as well

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ray c said:

would have preferred one manager for the whole season myself if neil could not then he should have stood down .still If its only for a few meetings on the northern circuit it don't really matter a managers role is not so important as it was many years ago when the manager could pick gate positions and tact subs etc just my opinion :D

The press release intimated that it was for all away matches, not just northern ones..  

50 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

The press release intimated that it was for all away matches, not just northern ones..  

Speedway Star indicated Middlo would do southern ones...we shall see.

I suppose a lot will depend on his father's health