British Speedway Forum

24 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Exactly Steve Holloway!!  For all those clamouring for teams to have a British no.7, Poole could well have one by the end of May?! ;)

If the team building points limit was a little higher and untried Aussies came in on 4.50/5.00, then Poole would have Neilsen at reserve.

Well you saying there could be a change at the end of May Skidder says it all really about British speedway and some of the rules.Should you and your club be more confident in the same 1/7 barring injury until the end of the season.?

I think what we all agree on is that more could and should be done to develop our future prospects? It doesn't even have to be about giving them CL team places.....

Maybe Aussie four pointers should be limited to one per team?

Poole have three!

If no foreigner came in below 5, our NL riders would stand a better chance of progression without the need to make one per team compulsory.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Maybe Aussie four pointers should be limited to one per team?

Poole have three!

If no foreigner came in below 5, our NL riders would stand a better chance of progression without the need to make one per team compulsory.

Would strongly disagree. Aussies have kept our sport alive in this country, if you turn down the aussies the sport dies here. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DC2 said:

I doubt that the transfer fees for Greaves, Hume, Bowtell or Kinsley would have exceeded air fares from Australia!

Can get a flight from Aus to Uk one way for as little as 400 quid. 

30 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Would strongly disagree. Aussies have kept our sport alive in this country, if you turn down the aussies the sport dies here. 

Yes certainly the top class ones but it should not be a training ground for the average one.

13 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Yes certainly the top class ones but it should not be a training ground for the average one.

Jason Doyle was very average for many a year. 

A lot of average Aus riders do a lot in the UK, Allen, Heeps, Masters, Josh G, Batch (would argue he has been average for being a GP rider overall). Holder and Kurtz need to kick on this year or probs falling into the category.  

1 minute ago, poolebolton said:

Jason Doyle was very average for many a year. 

A lot of average Aus riders do a lot in the UK, Allen, Heeps, Masters, Josh G, Batch (would argue he has been average for being a GP rider overall). Holder and Kurtz need to kick on this year or probs falling into the category.  

Doyle from the outset was way above the new Aussies in the CL.

He was never a 4 point CL rider like Josh MacDonald!

Didn’t he top the IOW averages and then go straight into the Poole team as a 5 point EL rider?

Happy for Aussies (and all foreigners) to come over on minimum 5 point averages.

4 is too low and hampers the development of young Brits.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Didn’t he top the IOW averages and then go straight into the Poole team as a 5 point EL rider?

Happy for Aussies (and all foreigners) to come over on minimum 5 point averages.

Then was poor, yes he had injuries. Then got dropped and flew himself over and luckily got a team place after and injury at Poole. 

Was pretty average until he went to Leicester.  

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Well you saying there could be a change at the end of May Skidder says it all really about British speedway and some of the rules.Should you and your club be more confident in the same 1/7 barring injury until the end of the season.?

Maybe you misread my post and Clive's reply (as he wants full name disclosure).

I think Clive is implying that we could have a young Brit already in our own team i.e Stefan Nielsen at reserve come end of May and first GSA sheets.

6 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Then was poor, yes he had injuries. Then got dropped and flew himself over and luckily got a team place after and injury at Poole. 

Was pretty average until he went to Leicester.  

Aren’t you mixing up an initially “average” EL rider (Doyle) with a below average CL rider (MacDonald)?

There’s no comparison.

10 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Maybe you misread my post and Clive's reply (as he wants full name disclosure).

I think Clive is implying that we could have a young Brit already in our own team i.e Stefan Nielsen at reserve come end of May and first GSA sheets.

Great that Stefan has a place whatever number he is, he has been unlucky with injuries and the numbers game over the years.

15 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Josh Mac should maybe more compared to the development of Jordie Stewart.

His first season in UK 2018 Stewart achieved 4.09 GSA - rolling av. 2019 achieved 5.74 and looks promising. 

Didn't this guy sign for 2020 for Swindon on a no doubt converted average making him 3.59 or even if it is 4, an attractive reserve signing in Prem. 

Josh Mac came in well after season start after Work didn't start. Was a reserve but finished at number 2 for Sheffield. Probably learned a lot and who knows a Prem team like Swindon could take advantage of the rules again come 2021 if he is an improving rider (or maybe Sheffield as they own him).

17 hours ago, poolebolton said:

Zane got the nod from Crump. When crump gives someone the nod I’ll listen to crump. 

So once did Joel Parsons and Karlis Ezigarlis!