British Speedway Forum

6 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Find it a bit of a shame that former Poole riders such as Magic/the returning Crump/Doyle plus a non Poole rider such as top performer Nicki P could not have offered their services for such a good servant of the sport.

I wonder if some of the bad press on the condition of the track over the last 2 seasons has scared off some of these guys from wanting to ride in this one off meeting. Especially at the start of the season with so much at stake if one did get injured.

Doyle not riding surprises me bearing in mind he has 2 spells with Poole. Perhaps like Crump does not want to risk anything 24 hours before they are both due to open their league accounts with their Prem clubs.

Should still be a decent meeting though with plenty of past & present Poole riders making themselves available plus getting some all important track practice.

Can’t blame any rider not wanting to ride at Poole as there have been many times that we’ve been told the track is better when it clearly wasn’t.

Also surely a good crowd will turn up regardless of the lack of more top riders & that will mean more money in the pocket of Middlo.

That isn’t a pop before I get accused of it.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Bang on.  Despite a huge array of star name riders riding for middlo it’s a pretty poor line up. Just shows how mercenary the majority of today’s riders are. The Ben fund meeting is similar yet the Peter craven meeting is a much better line up. 
the only difference is the pc meeting the riders receive points money. 

Ride on a track that you know will be prepared very well or ride at Poole.

Think that might also have something for the top riders to take in to consideration.

15 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Bang on.  Despite a huge array of star name riders riding for middlo it’s a pretty poor line up. Just shows how mercenary the majority of today’s riders are. The Ben fund meeting is similar yet the Peter craven meeting is a much better line up. 
the only difference is the pc meeting the riders receive points money. 

Yeah. Must be all those past and present Ipswich riders lowering the quality!! :rofl:

• Haha 1

On 2/19/2020 at 12:49 PM, GWC said:

So do Poole try to dust off a contract that probably no longer exists since the rider retired years ago.

I wonder if there is a clause in it for comebacks?

There will be. He is still a Poole asset.

Matt's place will probably need renovating again!!!:D

From what I've been told it will not be ready till the end of this year? After one of the backers pulled out.  

14 hours ago, poolebolton said:

Good to see the boys on a pre season tour to France. 

might not be the smartest move in hindsight!

looks like they might have to self incubate for 14 days when they get back?

47 minutes ago, pitstop84 said:

From what I've been told it will not be ready till the end of this year? After one of the backers pulled out.  

Already been taking guests since Valentines day so ready enough.  You'll be able to see for yourselves on Channel 4 starting soon "Escape to the Chateau DIY".

Ok thanks for that. Maybe the bspa will have there agm at Matt's place, 

3 hours ago, pitstop84 said:

French houses are never finished. There’s always something more to do, especially big ones 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/10/2020 at 12:36 PM, Skidder1 said:

Already been taking guests since Valentines day so ready enough.  You'll be able to see for yourselves on Channel 4 starting soon "Escape to the Chateau DIY".

Just out of interest when is it supposed to be on TV? 

4 hours ago, pitstop84 said:

Just out of interest when is it supposed to be on TV? 

Not sure. It was originally meant to be next week ie starting on 16th March, but I can't see it on the TV schedules.

Good to see Middlo and the whole team enjoying the facilities during a bit of team bonding at the Chateau this week. Middlo has posted photos on facebook.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Not sure. It was originally meant to be next week ie starting on 16th March, but I can't see it on the TV schedules.

It's been moved a week, new series now starts on 23rd March Channel 4 @ 4pm

• Like 1