British Speedway Forum

Can you give a date for when the 2010 Final will be shown? There should be a lot of interest in that one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Can you give a date for when the 2010 Final will be shown? There should be a lot of interest in that one.

its got a copy right on so it cant be shown shame don't you think :t::)

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Edinburgh already plan to run a team at NL level this season.  Do keep up!

If you actually read you'll understand the question is will those Clubs ONLY be running at NL level next season to cut costs  and ride out the Covid financial storm.

42 minutes ago, HGould said:

If you actually read you'll understand the question is will those Clubs ONLY be running at NL level next season to cut costs  and ride out the Covid financial storm.

no.  Clubs that rent their stadia will still have to pay all the usual costs including rent and stadium staffing/H&S costs. They will run speedway at whatever level gains them the most revenue ie the best sponsorship and biggest attendances.

Edited by Skidder1

5 hours ago, Gambo said:

It won't be shown - its against the guidelines!!:D

6 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

It won't be shown - its against the guidelines!!:D

If only we had realised at the time, the amount of conniving & underhandedness the result of that final would cause .The shenanigans that followed had a huge impact on British Speedway, & not for the better I might add.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Dave Jones said:

If only we had realised at the time, the amount of conniving & underhandedness the result of that final would cause .The shenanigans that followed had a huge impact on British Speedway, & not for the better I might add.

Coventry acted appallingly and their promotion were a total disgrace. Trump nearly got his club thrown out of the league and was rightly banned for life for any involvement in the sport.

Their underhand tactics of using Pawlicki only occassionally stunk the sport out so they had a ringer at reserve for the final. No wonder most other promotions, with the exception of the Peterborough promotion, who latter realised their mistake, we’re against them. The following year showed them up for what they were, chancers, as they finished rock bottom and Poole went on to clean up the league and playoff final.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Coventry acted appallingly and their promotion were a total disgrace. Trump nearly got his club thrown out of the league and was rightly banned for life for any involvement in the sport.

Their underhand tactics of using Pawlicki only occassionally stunk the sport out so they had a ringer at reserve for the final. No wonder most other promotions, with the exception of the Peterborough promotion, who latter realised their mistake, we’re against them. The following year showed them up for what they were, chancers, as they finished rock bottom and Poole went on to clean up the league and playoff final.

And no other clubs in the history of speedway have manipulated the (deliberately?) ambiguous rules for their own end?:rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, mikebv said:

And no other clubs in the history of speedway have manipulated the (deliberately?) ambiguous rules for their own end?:rolleyes:

Poole hard done by lol... 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Dave Jones said:

Perhaps thats why Poole are in the second division. !

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The following year showed them up for what they were, chancers, as they finished rock bottom

If you are going to try and put an occasional fact in with your pathetic drivel and lies, at least try and get that right.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Dornier said:

Perhaps thats why Poole are in the second division. !

Well Ford hasn't seen any of my cash since the fateful winter of discontent & I used to visit quite often prior to that.

I doubt that I'm the only one that has given him the cold shoulder either .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I can only remember exception circumstances where everything was done within the rules and legal.

1 hour ago, Dave Jones said:

Well Ford hasn't seen any of my cash since the fateful winter of discontent & I used to visit quite often prior to that.

I doubt that I'm the only one that has given him the cold shoulder either .

You sure wont be missed