British Speedway Forum

22 hours ago, sugarray said:

Don't think it'll be Somerset as they are all locked up due to our travelling friends sniffing around.

Leicester or Scunny surely.

It's going to be Leicester

PIRATE PRACTICE | Five of the 2020 Poole Pirates are planning to put themselves through their paces in preparation for the commencement of the season.

The 2020 PIRATES team, with the exception of Adam (Ellis) and Ben (Cook) have been booked in for some behind closed doors practice at Leicester on the 23rd of this month.

Dan Ford "We all remain extremely positive and hopeful that speedway will be back in the next few months and as a club, we are looking at trying to establish some practice sessions at our own track in due course!"

14 hours ago, daz9100 said:

It's going to be Leicester

I know Danny King has already had some laps on the Leicester track in recent weeks. It'll be good for the others to get some advance experience of the 'new' track as Leicester are another of the clubs wanting to race as soon as allowed.

Clarke and GI also have a controlling state in Torquay United FC who if anyone knows Is in prime residential area. 
Already an out of town new stadium has been muted - sound familiar?

2 hours ago, a4poster said:

Clarke and GI also have a controlling state in Torquay United FC who if anyone knows Is in prime residential area. 
Already an out of town new stadium has been muted - sound familiar?

They've been giving Torquay the usual flannel. Grandiose talk of a wonderful new stadium - then somehow something comes along.... 

Plainmoor is very residential. The last I saw of the new stadium was that it wasn't going to happen yet.

"It's that deja vu again". 

• Like 1

You only got look where torquay are in the football pyramid 

The sad thing is with there history people still buy into and believe those grandiose plans.

Edited by a4poster

4 hours ago, a4poster said:

The sad thing is with there history people still buy into and believe those grandiose plans.

I took a look at the Torquay United forum a while back. They'd picked up on their speedway record.

13 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

No speedway rewind meeting tonight...?

Do you know anything Skids? :t:

Maybe they have run out of meetings on a well prepared track and are considering which of the " blue groove"  matches to show first. :)

• Haha 1

Maybe they are grading new home in Southampton. 

See today's Daily Star 

1 hour ago, chris4gillian said:

No speedway rewind meeting tonight...?

Do you know anything Skids? :t:

The club stated in last Wednesday's rewind and on the website that they would be taking a break for a couple of weeks but would be back with some more rewinds soon.  Probably avoiding the return of TV footie.!!!!?

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

The club stated in last Wednesday's rewind and on the website that they would be taking a break for a couple of weeks but would be back with some more rewinds soon.  Probably avoiding the return of TV footie.!!!!?

Ta!  I obviously missed that bit :blush:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

Ta!  I obviously missed that bit :blush:

I believe there Is speedway every weds on Eurosport in july as well. euro championships except the first weds 

• Like 1

Live meetings on Freesports

Fri 19th    5.00pm   Grudziadz v Rybnik

Fri 26th    5.00pm   Leszno v Lublin