British Speedway Forum

On 1/28/2021 at 7:10 PM, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Also think Keleher will be in main team as announced last year and Josh Mac at reserve with the rising star.

Poole website wishing Zane Happy Birthday today and saying 'we look forward to seeing you on track soon'!

...and Poole confirm that Josh MacDonald will miss out on a team place in 2021.

Edited by Skidder1

It’s on Poole website that Josh McDonald is the rider to make way for the “rising star”

Surprised Chunk is chopped. Going to be exposed down the order for sure.

• Like 1

Think a lot of the decision could come down to that Zane and Ben will become Pirates assets were as Josh would only be a loan would it not?

• Like 3

Looks as if Poole can fit a HUGE number 1 in? Be interesting to see what they do

1. 9.77 (3*) or 10.77 (2*) Left

2. Zane Keleher 4.00

3. Steve Worrall 7.38

4. Stefan Nielsen 4.40

5. Danny King 8.45

6. Ben Cook 4.00

7. Nathan Stoneman? (2*) Danyon Hume? (3*)

Who will be the final 2 pieces, looks a VERY strong team does that

12 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Looks as if Poole can fit a HUGE number 1 in? Be interesting to see what they do

2. Zane Keleher 4.00

3. Steve Worrall 7.38

4. Stefan Nielsen 4.40

5. Danny King 8.45

6. Ben Cook 4.00

That last H/L spot is the interesting one. 

Schlien easily fits. Have to broaden thinking to come up with anyone else currently riding (or who will ride UK) in 2021.

Other interesting thoughts mentioned by a speedway friend are Bjarne P and Hans Andersen. Hans could be interesting - Why ??. He has a family and is getting older. Wants to ride as many leagues as poss at his age to maximise revenue. Now only signed in POL 2nd Div with Dauv who are in Latvia not POL. Not so many meetings in this Lge and does he at his age want to be tied to a max of 3 Lges.

He could base bikes in UK and ride both Prem and Champ and still do his commitments in both DK & Swe where he has signed contracts. So 4 Lges. Has good sponsor support in Poole area so maybe they cold help in supporting him. Would only get a 9.26 converted Champ av so easily fits.Who go all the way to Latvia for say max 6 home and then 6 away in POl in a  very weak looking team so doubt will make play offs, when he can get plenty of meetings in UK over Prem/Champ and use the equip two fold so base it here.

Bjarne an option but would be 10.48 on a 1.6 conversion pushing Poole to the 2 star route. There is of course the possible DK fixture clash issue with both as they normally ride Wed.

Anyway just thoughts even if maybe wild ones LOL.

• Like 1

If Hans is in the Polish 2nd division (albeit for a team based in Latvia), the rule still applies that he can only do 2 other leagues

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dandelion said:

2. Zane Keleher 4.00

3. Steve Worrall 7.38

4. Stefan Nielsen 4.40

5. Danny King 8.45

6. Ben Cook 4.00

Told you all 2 weeks ago Schlein and Hume and no reason to change my mind.

Surely Stoneman will go to Plymouth if they are allowed in to CL

I don't mind Rory and tbh he used to be one of my favourite riders who have never rode for Poole in his new to the UK days. But like Holder and Batch if they track isn't exactly how he likes it he can get stressed about it and his points tally suffers. That is as diplomatic as I can put it! That would be my only issue..

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 1/26/2021 at 8:12 PM, NeilWatson said:

Hi Neil

I have just been told that the conversion rate is staying at 1.5 for the foreseeable future and although I haven't seen the change confirmed anywhere but the source if good so the following...

Rider ‘doubling down’ and rider progression opportunities
• For a number of reasons, the BSPA has activated a phased 5-year plan to create a clear progression ladder for up-and-coming riders. In addition, the plan will gradually reduce the number of ‘doubling down’ riders between the Premiership and Championship Clubs. For 2019 the Championship Club rider average has been reduced to 38 points. The average conversion rate from Premiership to Championship will be 1.5. This conversion rate will increase (For example 1.6 in 2020) by one tenth of a point each year until the rate reaches 2.0

Looks like it has been binned.... that's another 5 year plan that's gone down the pan... oops!!!

Regards
THJ

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Hi Neil

I have just been told that the conversion rate is staying at 1.5 for the foreseeable future and although I haven't seen the change confirmed anywhere but the source if good so the following...

• For a number of reasons, the BSPA has activated a phased 5-year plan to create a clear progression ladder for up-and-coming riders. In addition, the plan will gradually reduce the number of ‘doubling down’ riders between the Premiership and Championship Clubs. For 2019 the Championship Club rider average has been reduced to 38 points. The average conversion rate from Premiership to Championship will be 1.5. This conversion rate will increase (For example 1.6 in 2020) by one tenth of a point each year until the rate reaches 2.0

Looks like it has been binned.... that's another 5 year plan that's gone down the pan... oops!!!

Regards
THJ

I think, just for once I'll give the BSPA a pass and overlook the fact that the rulebook contained no reference to an entire season being lost to a worldwide pandemic

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Hi Neil

Regards
THJ

I think in Poole's case don't think it matters much.

If Schlein no issue as he has his Champ av - Hans A again as he arguably has a low 5.78 Prem GSA after his injuries in 2019 so arguably a bargain at 9.26 if 1.6 or 8.67 if 1.5. Bjarne P would be 10.48 at 1.6 or 9.83 at 1.5 (unless any further reduction for not riding here for over 5 years).

If it's Schlein then arguably they could go for a 4 star rider as just squeezes in.  Other than Perks who has stopped for 2021 & Bates nothing inspiring left on the 4 star.

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

If Hans is in the Polish 2nd division (albeit for a team based in Latvia), the rule still applies that he can only do 2 other leagues

That's what I was saying. Only made the point about Latvia as its an even worse drive if driving from DK and for what - a dozen meetings over Lat/POL maybe which restricts him to 3 leagues. He cld do 4 if he combined the 2 UK Lges plus DK/SWE. Keeping say 2 bikes based in UK would surely make a lot of sense with potential income from lots of meetings over both and with a good sponsorship presence. Also thinking long term he can still squeeze a food few seasons over the 2 UK Leagues as he is still well thought of (and supported by sponsors) and the quality short term is still going to be within his scoring range to be a force. I still think long term a number of the top riders will avoid UK. POL rules will imo still continue to allow maybe a max 3 leagues and riders like the Danes will always  go down the POL/DK/SWE route for a combo of financial and geographical resons. Swe on a Tue and then drive accross to DK for the Wed makes sense as not having to fly in and out of UK. Danes need DK due to sponsors and allowing them to qualify for their own national Champ as well as SGP & SEC qualifiers.

I think Hans case is he is getting older so he can maximise meetings and income over 4 lges without having to go to Latvia/POL. He has dropped from POL EXL to POL 1 and now POL 2 so his light is fading in POL. Looking at the riders in his new team Dauv to be honest I see it being a struggle for them (just my opinion).