British Speedway Forum

On 4/5/2021 at 3:11 PM, lisa-colette said:

Well what will Wolves do then as they are always squished together on the backstraight? Officially what is Poole allowed? About 3k? So that will be about 1500 crowd?

Seem to remember long while ago that the capacity was 5,500, but don't quote me .

'

• Like 1

On 4/5/2021 at 3:11 PM, lisa-colette said:

Well what will Wolves do then as they are always squished together on the backstraight? Officially what is Poole allowed? About 3k? So that will be about 1500 crowd?

I thought the official H&S limit was almost 4000?

• Like 2

I’ve worked in the H&S area, specifically in Swindon. The Premiership final match between Swindon and Wolves at Blunsdon in 2011 ( I think) the crowd was hugely overestimated by most people. But in essence it was heavily restricted to around 3000. 

Id be amazed if Poole was anything more than 3000. The 4000/5000 figures are very unlikely. 

5 hours ago, EnglishRoundabout said:

I’ve worked in the H&S area, specifically in Swindon. The Premiership final match between Swindon and Wolves at Blunsdon in 2011 ( I think) the crowd was hugely overestimated by most people. But in essence it was heavily restricted to around 3000. 

Id be amazed if Poole was anything more than 3000. The 4000/5000 figures are very unlikely. 

If I remember correctly it's 3900

• Like 1

19 hours ago, EnglishRoundabout said:

The actual capacity is over 4000, BUT for H&S purposes for example the main (old) grandstand has a maximum seated capacity of 1400 but is reduced to a H&S limit of 1200, so 3900 or thereabouts is accurate imo, although if 'social distancing' is still an issue then who knows?!

Also if for any reason the newer glass stand (with entrances/exits, bars, restaurant, seating and loos) is NOT open then the capacity will reduce dramatically and I would question both the practical and financial the viability!

However the latest statement by Danny Ford yesterday is more than encouraging and as expected the club is waiting for final clarity  from local and national government as to the permitted attendance levels and conditions. He has confirmed that those holding 2020 Season Ticket holders will be guaranteed admission along with all new season ticket applications as soon as capacities and pricing are confirmed. As with other clubs there will also be a system of advance ticket purchase.

First home meeting still confirmed as the return KOC fixture v Plymouth on 26th May. (although the previous Wednesday 19th is reserved - presumably for P&P or a challenge?)

Edited by Skidder1

Already got my tickets for Plymouth and Eastbourne away. These two meetings are advance online tickets only, with no pay on the gates. So it wouldn’t surprise me that Poole follow suit and you pay online and print off tickets. Then a simple scan on the gate and you are in. 

Another advantage is that once the 1500 tickets (as an example) are sold, that’s it. No point turning up hoping for access, and it means no upsetting fans by turning them away at the gate. If there are long queue sirs a covid risk. Online means you can stroll up one minute before tapes up knowing you will get into the ground.

fully understand all your points re online ticket sales only and if each match is a "sell out" then its best way to go,however if all tickets are not sold then you need "walk up"" on the day sales.The occasional follower or holidaymaker is not going to bother with online purchase but the promotion cant afford to lose these customers(supermarkets have happily taken our money at the checkout). On another note i just hope the bcp council plays ball and is not to awkward,think the old poole council would have been right behind the speedway but not sure about the bournemouth and christchurch mob!!

the way i read it it may only be all ticket up to june 21 if  johnson road map is correct ?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ray c said:

the way i read it it may only be all ticket up to june 21 if  johnson road map is correct ?

correct. Although it also depends on the number of new Covid cases between now and then?!

ps. I hear there's a meeting with Stadia UK tomorrow.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

correct. Although it also depends on the number of new Covid cases between now and then?!

i think you could be right :t:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Hopefully all the rights answers are found.

• Like 1

With the “South African” variant coming back into play and undoubtedly the “Brazilian “ variant will rear its ugly head again too, I still can’t see there being any league speedway in the UK this season :(

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, scottyfan said:

With the “South African” variant coming back into play and undoubtedly the “Brazilian “ variant will rear its ugly head again too, I still can’t see there being any league speedway in the UK this season :(

Are you always this optimistic?:unsure:

• Haha 4

21 hours ago, lewy said:

Are you always this optimistic?:unsure:

One of his more optimistic posts tbh!! Unfortunately he 'could' be right. The scientists are talking as a 'when' not 'if' when it comes to the third wave. I guess how bad it is depends on how transmissible the virus is when someone has had the vaccine. 

On 4/14/2021 at 7:37 PM, scottyfan said:

Is the Brazilian variant  the one that makes women go bald ? 

:D

Edited by Triple.H.
forgot a word
  • Haha 3