British Speedway Forum

The fixture shown on the BSPL website has moved from 26/05 to 02/06. That's confirmed in my view

We have been locked down since before Christmas. Government announced roadmap out of lockdown over 6 weeks ago. Still Poole speedway and their new landlords haven’t agreed how to reopen the stadium 

3 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

We have been locked down since before Christmas. Government announced roadmap out of lockdown over 6 weeks ago. Still Poole speedway and their new landlords haven’t agreed how to reopen the stadium 

They are not new landlords! They are the same Stadia UK that stopped the greyhounds permanently and laid off all the stadium staff.

16 hours ago, Technik said:

The fixture shown on the BSPL website has moved from 26/05 to 02/06. That's confirmed in my view

I believe they had to give notice to the Covid testing for Hospital staff to the end of May!!

That’s a plausible explanation. 

At least gives some hope that the stadium will reopen this season for speedway.

For a company whose main interest is in “the catering side” according to Dan Ford, hope the poole fans like their burgers. 

49 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

That’s a plausible explanation. 

At least gives some hope that the stadium will reopen this season for speedway.

For a company whose main interest is in “the catering side” according to Dan Ford, hope the poole fans like their burgers. 

Trust me, I dont! Always take my own food. Only ever buy a hot drink if I want one.

More expensive. but better food at John Davis van on turn one.

The burgers at any track offer good value, u can still taste them 3 days later !

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, BobC said:

Trust me, I dont! Always take my own food. Only ever buy a hot drink if I want one.

More expensive. but better food at John Davis van on turn one.

Perhaps john davis will provide all food outlets as there are no facilities on site at the moment we shall see

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ray c said:

Perhaps john davis will provide all food outlets as there are no facilities on site at the moment we shall see

Theres no need at the moment cos theres nothing happening.  Dan's update in the SS today gives a broader view of the current situ rather than whats been in the local media.

6 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

I believe they had to give notice to the Covid testing for Hospital staff to the end of May!!

Thought they were there till end of June?

19 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Theres no need at the moment cos theres nothing happening.  Dan's update in the SS today gives a broader view of the current situ rather than whats been in the local media.

I don't get the SS anymore so I have not read that.

Is there a doubt over Poole running this season?

2 hours ago, M.D said:

Probably not only Poole, season starts next week and a lot of clubs seam very quiet ?? Also how many signed riders will be available to ride in the UK, look at Ipswich today !!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Neila said:

Probably not only Poole, season starts next week and a lot of clubs seam very quiet ?? Also how many signed riders will be available to ride in the UK, look at Ipswich today !!

p/p day at b/vue today all 14 riders there Aces & colts :t:

14 hours ago, M.D said:

I don't get the SS anymore so I have not read that.

He talks about 'dotting the 'i's' and crossing the 't's' on the final numbers allowed and the staffing within the stadium (bearing in mind Stadia UK laid off all their staff when they stopped the greyhounds!).

Fully committed to all the away meetings as per fixture list - which is a huge financial commitment in itself - but may be a slight delay - one week - in starting the home meetings.  The Plymouth home KOC meeting has already been put back from 26/5 to 2nd June on the BSPL fixture list.

All the team are based in the UK (Zane Kelleher arriving today) and have few if any continental commitments to interfere with their UK meetings

Can't wait..

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 5

The Plymouth fixture has now vanished from 02/06 so it is now Berwick 09/06 that will open the Poole fixtures....Currently!!!!

• Like 1