British Speedway Forum

13 minutes ago, ArthurRudge said:

Poole can't get the stadium from owners to host meeting is what is being said

Because it is being used as a testing centre or vaccinations?? I would have thought the medical profession deem that as more important than a sports meeting...?

• Like 1

On 5/13/2021 at 9:54 PM, GAH said:

p/p day at b/vue today all 14 riders there Aces & colts :t:

what the hell as this got to do with poole 2021??

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Don’t like the ticketing method at all. Means I have little chance of attending, unless I buy 6 or 4 tickets. Doubt single or double tickets will go on sale meaning many fans could miss out.

• Like 2

Just now, ray c said:

have all other tracks got the same system for ticket ?

No

8 minutes ago, lewy said:

Good news for Poole and proves the cancellation of the Plymouth fixture had nothing to do with the gladiators which some ill informed gossips were insinuating. :nono:

It was one person!

13 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Don’t like the ticketing method at all. Means I have little chance of attending, unless I buy 6 or 4 tickets. Doubt single or double tickets will go on sale meaning many fans could miss out.

Good that they are going to try and live stream it though. I think that will be my option.

Many fans go on their own and meet up with the same bunch every year. Have done for many years. Regulars are going to crap out because they are the only ones in their household who go. Not a fair method at all. 

How about offering single tickets to fans who wish to stand on the first bend?  I had no issues buying at ticket for next weeks Plymouth v Poole meeting in the main stand.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Many fans go on their own and meet up with the same bunch every year. Have done for many years. Regulars are going to crap out because they are the only ones in their household who go. Not a fair method at all. 

How about offering single tickets to fans who wish to stand on the first bend?  I had no issues buying at ticket for next weeks Plymouth v Poole meeting in the main stand.

I think Poole have badly misjudged the demographics of their fanbase and this has the potential to generate a fair amount of ill will.

Who’s to say this is the club’s decision, perhaps this is Osbourne and the councils, at least it’s only one meeting providing the government stick  to opening up the country, at least speedway is back at Poole that is the main part.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lewy said:

Good news for Poole and proves the cancellation of the Plymouth fixture had nothing to do with the gladiators which some ill informed gossips were insinuating. :nono:

lewy the information was sent to me by txt  from a significant poole sponsor, it does however appear to have been wrong,and i regret posting said information on the forum

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, poole keith said:

lewy the information was sent to me by txt  from a significant poole sponsor, it does however appear to have been wrong,and i regret posting said information on the forum

No problem mate I know Plymouth have been working very closely with the Poole promotion to resolve any fixture problems  are you coming down to Plymouth next week,if so I hope you enjoy your visit. 

Edited by lewy