British Speedway Forum

Well It’s groups of 6 on the bends as well on bubbles, so I have a choice. 

1. Pay £108 to watch the meeting. (Price of 6 tickets)

2. Stay at home and forget about it.

3. Buy 6 tickets and tout 4 outside to strangers and sell one to my mate.

4. Find 4 others who are willing to PayPal me the price of a ticket which will be picked up from me at the gate or posted to them. At least this way singles will get it to the meeting.

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

4. Find 4 others who are willing to PayPal me the price of a ticket which will be picked up from me at the gate or posted to them. At least this way singles will get it to the meeting.

Option 3 and 4 could be workable,,, options 1 and 2 seem childish.  :t:

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

I think Poole have badly misjudged the demographics of their fanbase and this has the potential to generate a fair amount of ill will.

Are they not just catering for families? And how many times do people say that kids are the future and looks like they are going for family groups..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, arnieg said:

I think Poole have badly misjudged the demographics of their fanbase and this has the potential to generate a fair amount of ill will.

Whoever has decided this is the way forward has, in my opinion, got it completely wrong.

I would urge those that do make them look at the way Plymouth have done it. It is so, so simple and from personal experience,  very effective. 

Not going down well with those Ive spoken to either.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Options 3 and 4 would fall foul of the ‘two households’ guidance mentioned in the Press Release.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Options 3 and 4 would fall foul of the ‘two households’ guidance mentioned in the Press Release.

Then what would you suggest Neil? Pay £108 or stay away? 

As Bob C has said, why not follow the simple Plymouth method until you get to 30% ? 

Most over 50's have had the vaccine now and I think the uptake in the SW is 91/92% going by the news last night so as long as people in that age group can show they have had the vaccine can they not stand together??:unsure:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Once again you show total disregard for the rules laid down by the "decision makers" who are doing this in the interests of the safety of the  majority .

It is just another indication of your selfishness & complete  lack of concern for others, almost as bad as your rants over brexit.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Then what would you suggest Neil? Pay £108 or stay away? 

As Bob C has said, why not follow the simple Plymouth method until you get to 30% ? 

Your call Steve but I completely understand why Poole are doing it this way to maximise income from a very limited capacity.  If they sell a single £18 ticket in a block that’s £90 income lost to them (and a further 84% reduction in capacity). As for the difference with Plymouth, I don’t know but might it be because of the inside accommodation at Poole?

• Like 2

Personally I think its a great shame not to be able to call on 5 others from your bubble/2 households!;);)

What we don't know is who set the 30% capacity?  I can't imagine it was Matt/Danny!! So some fans will unfortunately be unlucky for hopefully this one meeting.

Lets not forget that more stadium stewards will be required - probably as a condition of the Council - plus the question of who pays for them?

Also still no clarification about the glass grandstand/bars/restaurant/loos etc? Still more info to come in 48 hours.......

• Like 1

If the rules are changing in June to open up, surely it’s better to cancel this meeting completely and put it back to when the stadium can fully re-open. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If the rules are changing in June to open up, surely it’s better to cancel this meeting completely and put it back to when the stadium can fully re-open. 

That’s not the Speedway way. This is another typical British speedway own goal. The usual motto of Pi$$ off your regulars for short term gain has been applied yet again, it seems.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Currently, that's a big if.

• Like 1

Haven't Newcastle got the same structure? 

ie blocks of six being sold..

The bottom line is that such low capacities need to have their returns maximised...

And to be fair to the teams faced with these reductions, many actually have a much less supply of tickets available than the demand from the fans. (For once).  Therefore they could have gone down the route of increasing admission by a more higher amount than they have..

In a block of six if only one person wants a ticket would they be prepared to pay the £108 that the block should deliver? I wouldnt think so..

You can rent an 8 bedroom villa in Spain for £4000 which could cost £500 each or £4000 for one.. Either way the owner needs £4000 for it..

Not ideal granted and it may mean some regulars dont get to go to every meeting, but much worse is a track closing due to being unable to financially keep going..

And if that happened no one would be able to buy tickets even in 'blocks of one'...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

Haven't Newcastle got the same structure? 

ie blocks of six being sold..

My brother kindly bought my ticket for the upcoming Edinburgh/Armadale Double Header and bought 1 single ticket.  So no.