British Speedway Forum

14 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Guess the 2 car parking attendants (the only staff allegedly still employed)  you spoke at length to have ideas on how they could park more cars around the track and on the old football pitch andmaximise their income ?

Any plans afoot for the redevelopment of Poole Town centre with luxury apartments and a sprinkling of affordable housing. Surely that will become the financially attractive option to the Poole council as the costs of maintaining their asset keep on rising year on year ?? 

Matt Ford did say that he could get a consortium of local businesses together if the lease became available!!  Not sure if that was realistic or just a 'media sound-byte' when Stadia UK stopped the greyhounds?!  But he does still have local contacts and is still reasonably well in with the Council.

As far as housing development is concerned there was (under the old Poole Council) a plan to develop  part of the stadium site which would include the lorry park through to the empty office blocks on Wimborne Road, providing I think approx 500 dwellings.

However I'm not sure if this is still a plan under the new BCP Council, who have this week announced that their housing targets do fall short of what the Govt requires!!

Edited by Skidder1

17 hours ago, scottyfan said:

Ringwood is just 4 miles up the road from me and is definitely in Hampshire.

Matchams address is given as, Matchams Leisure Park, Hurn Road, Ringwood, Hampshire BH24 2BT....It is nearer to St Leonards which is in Dorset:blink:...so not sure on Matchams.

You are not wrong...doh!!

4 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

That's funny---of course it is hardly a USA-style Freeway down to the stadium!

The Holes Bay freeway? 

1 hour ago, gazzac said:

The Holes Bay freeway? 

Think Billy got home via Oakdale. I used to see his van outside take away most times he visited. 

1 hour ago, bazlux said:

Think Billy got home via Oakdale. I used to see his van outside take away most times he visited. 

Prob just asking for directions!! Hehehe.

I once got asked for directions to Swindon! lol

Anybody heard anymore about ticket sales? the announcement suggested further news within 48 hours but been all gone quiet again. Seems strange as we are getting ever closer to the 9th 

still anyway less than 2 weeks to the first meeting cant find any tickets on sale yet ?

3 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

Will Poole go the same way as Somerset? 

Bloody well hope not!! 

6 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

Cause it will Speedway is dead in this country 

On 5/22/2021 at 11:53 AM, Skidder1 said:

Well its only my opinion having spent much of my working life in local events, hospitality and leisure industries. Even now retired, regular Friday/Saturday meetings would rule me out due to other obligations.

To get families to bring their kids along to anything on a regular basis in this day and age would be remarkable for any popular event/activity let alone speedway.

For holidaymakers it is well known that Fri/Sat is 'changeover day' for hotels/guest houses, campsites etc.  A midweek fixture is  traditionally much easier for holiday makers to plan into their week's stay!

That I totally agree with 

1 minute ago, ArthurRudge said:

Cause it will Speedway is dead in this country 

Please don't get wrong i hope not too, enjoy my visits to Poole nice fans and some great teams in the past.

1 hour ago, Trackerman48 said:

Well they can't go the SAME way cos Poole don't own their stadium like Somerset!!

On 5/24/2021 at 7:03 PM, BobC said:

As has been said, Mx got stopped by the local housing group. The leader of that group? None other than former Poole Co-Promoter Terry Chandler!

What a hypocrite! Which reminds me of when Wimborne MCC wanted to stage their big grastrack meeting, The Whoppa, near Fordingbridge in the New Forest. The locals objected and got their way. Their ringleader was none other than Murray Walker.

• Haha 1