British Speedway Forum

nice to see danyon get extra rides for glasgow last night 4+2 

36 minutes ago, ray c said:

nice to see danyon get extra rides for glasgow last night 4+2 

He was pretty good as well, not scared to mix it or run the deep stuff out wide. He was pretty poor on his previous visit with Brum in 2019 so I had minimal expectations before the meeting.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, screm said:

You get the feeling if the restrictions aren't lifted Poole could be the next club to put a hold on their season.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/19369198.ford-confirms-pirates-made-hefty-loss-first-home-meeting/?fbclid=IwAR3yTGIKGaKwZqlBI0bWlhbC8aoNVMeSwWp7LPh0dvvrUGoCdd5uUzP4Sk8

That's what I'm expecting tbh. Wolves won't be far behind either imo.

On 6/13/2021 at 3:37 PM, screm said:

You get the feeling if the restrictions aren't lifted Poole could be the next club to put a hold on their season.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/19369198.ford-confirms-pirates-made-hefty-loss-first-home-meeting/?fbclid=IwAR3yTGIKGaKwZqlBI0bWlhbC8aoNVMeSwWp7LPh0dvvrUGoCdd5uUzP4Sk8

Hi

what do people think about the home Kent fixture end of June? will it happen? 
was it easy to get six tickets for the other home match? I have 5 mates comin from Kent that week and want to go. Can we book 6 all together or separatly? I’m not sure it’ll be goin on though? THX

If you wish to sit together then the 6 tickets need to be purchased together by one person. Then get the others to PayPal/transfer their tickets money to you. 

As for whether the fixture will take place, we will have to wait and see. To be honest I would rather the club shut up shop until the end of July than see then lose money every meeting with reduced attendances. Club sustainability and survival must come first.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If you wish to sit together then the 6 tickets need to be purchased together by one person. Then get the others to PayPal/transfer their tickets money to you. 

As for whether the fixture will take place, we will have to wait and see. To be honest I would rather the club shut up shop until the end of July than see then lose money every meeting with reduced attendances. Club sustainability and survival must come first.

Thanks for the info. I’m confused tho cos I thought it had to be 2 houses (people from) only? Or was that before lol? So if I buy 6 and sell to mates that’s OK? 

did the stadium sell out before?

4 minutes ago, Josieshales said:

Thanks for the info. I’m confused tho cos I thought it had to be 2 houses (people from) only? Or was that before lol? So if I buy 6 and sell to mates that’s OK? 

did the stadium sell out before?

Yes I think it was sold out. The only way you are going to be together as a group would be to buy as I suggested. 

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Yes I think it was sold out. The only way you are going to be together as a group would be to buy as I suggested. 

Thanks. But is it allowed tho? Only askin because my mate is a copper and he can’t break the covid rules,  his constab already sacked one !

Danny quoted on BBC Solent today that "we may have to postpone more HOME fixtures until the restrictions are lifted"!

3 hours ago, Josieshales said:

Thanks. But is it allowed tho? Only askin because my mate is a copper and he can’t break the covid rules,  his constab already sacked one !

The rules are up to two households/social bubbles within 2m. anything beyond that should strictly be 2m apart until restrictions lift.

22 minutes ago, defolddad said:

The rules are up to two households/social bubbles within 2m. anything beyond that should strictly be 2m apart until restrictions lift.

What’s a social bubble mean? Can that be anyone if they are your friends? So no strangers but friends ok? Apparently council doing spot checks next meeting, so I’m not sure what they are checking for!

1 hour ago, Josieshales said:

What’s a social bubble mean? Can that be anyone if they are your friends? So no strangers but friends ok? Apparently council doing spot checks next meeting, so I’m not sure what they are checking for!

A social bubble is a person or persons (usually family) of two households maximum. It doesn't have to be the same households each time but per event it can only be two. So if your friends and you only consist of two households then it should be fine to book together. If you are more than two households then you must make two bookings or more to accomodate.

Not looking good with Birmingham, Newcastle, Wolverhampton and now Poole in difficulties.......

Meanwhile its a virtual free for all outside of stadiums...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, topaz325 said:

Not looking good with Birmingham, Newcastle, Wolverhampton and now Poole in difficulties.......

Meanwhile its a virtual free for all outside of stadiums...

Not “in difficulties”. Just not prepared to run a meeting under present circumstances which would lead to a guaranteed loss.

• Like 1