British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not “in difficulties”. Just not prepared to run a meeting under present circumstances which would lead to a guaranteed loss.

Whatever way you want to paint it.

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not “in difficulties”. Just not prepared to run a meeting under present circumstances which would lead to a guaranteed loss.

No point running if your guaranteed to lose money.Delay is the sensible option.IMO.

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, defolddad said:

A social bubble is a person or persons (usually family) of two households maximum. It doesn't have to be the same households each time but per event it can only be two. So if your friends and you only consist of two households then it should be fine to book together. If you are more than two households then you must make two bookings or more to accomodate.

Thanks a lot, that’s what’s he’s said so as it’s 4 diff households they can’t book a six. So four diff bookings can be okay if sat in different places. The copper spoke with council and they said two houses per booking only! And will be checking next time so won’t risk it. Will try and do four bookings if two each. Apparently some ppl didn’t do it that way last time and council know. Thanks for explaining defolded.

OK if you are a football fan a tennis fan a cricket fan or a Formula 1 fan. Attendance to those sports in your tens of thousadnds gives you  a "Covid Shield" and not a risk to a thrid wave of infections overloading our NHS. 

1,000 peaople at a speedway meeting however is a grave risk to overloading the NHS and causing a spike in infections and a dangerous third wave surge.  What a load of BS from Blonde Boris the BS king. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Tickets on sale from tomorrow  for home meeting v Kent on 30 th June. Initial bookings for 4+

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Josieshales said:

Thanks a lot, that’s what’s he’s said so as it’s 4 diff households they can’t book a six. So four diff bookings can be okay if sat in different places. The copper spoke with council and they said two houses per booking only! And will be checking next time so won’t risk it. Will try and do four bookings if two each. Apparently some ppl didn’t do it that way last time and council know. Thanks for explaining defolded.

If the council know who they are then I guess they are getting fined. Plays into GI/Stadia UK hands though, if Covid rules are being broken. 

5 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

OK if you are a football fan a tennis fan a cricket fan or a Formula 1 fan. Attendance to those sports in your tens of thousadnds gives you  a "Covid Shield" and not a risk to a thrid wave of infections overloading our NHS. 

1,000 peaople at a speedway meeting however is a grave risk to overloading the NHS and causing a spike in infections and a dangerous third wave surge.  What a load of BS from Blonde Boris the BS king. 

At a lot of those sports you have to show proof of a negative covid test to go. Speedway don't do that, so that is why! 

Think you are dreaming if you believe that is true. 

So if Poole asked everyone to show a negative covid test on entry they would be allowed to operate with a higher attendance ??? Or show proof of 2 covid vaccinations ?

Maybe you should ask Dan and Matt Ford if it would make any difference ?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

If the council know who they are then I guess they are getting fined. Plays into GI/Stadia UK hands though, if Covid rules are being broken. 

I dunno what is goin to happen lisa but lady at council said they had lots of reports of covid breeches with the bubbles thing and that an were going to be checking or something next time? maybe at the seats? Not knowing how it can be sorted tbh. Hopefully we will get tickets anyway! Without doin it wrong and getting thrown out! I know it’s crap but people best off doing the rules, for now. Soon be over. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, defolddad said:

This is for indoors. Also the guidance for sports grounds is different to that of the general covid guidelines.

Then if it’s indoors it’s more risk than outside! Ludicrous obstructions for people who gave all had both vaccines and are outside wearing a mask!

As a side I gave one spare ticket for the Poole v Kent meeting. Price is £17.85 which is what it cost me, PayPal or bank transfer. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Further fixture updates on the Poole website due to Covid and/or clashes with Euro2020.

eg Kent v Pirates not now on 29th June but postponed to July 27th.

On 6/17/2021 at 9:40 AM, defolddad said:

This is for indoors. Also the guidance for sports grounds is different to that of the general covid guidelines.

I have not found any regulations that state the rule of 6 for stadiums is any different. Please can you send me a link where it states that the 6 can only come from 2 households.