British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Arthur54 said:

I bet you can't name many riders who don't ride in both leagues, i reckon about 6 at the most 

Another one hooked!

5 hours ago, HGould said:

Revolving door Poole never change their spots.

Kelleher may have got a nice move there, a Team who aren't riding half their Fixtures to a Team who seem to be riding all Home and Away matches unless Rain or opponents putting hold on season intervene.

Regular pay or spasmodic pay...looks like Kelleher may have dodged a bullet

Birmingham aren’t exactly regular with their fixtures.At the end of the day they will all ride the same number of fixtures by the end of season.Hopefully no Teams fold though.;)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Did well all credit to him but twisted alot of rules along the way.

All within the rules 

5 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

So although the rumours were flying last evening about a 'Czech', there is also another Aussie with an average that fits from 2019 - not sure if he's come over on the off-chance or he's waiting for a call?

Before the season started there were several that said Poole had gone for the wrong ZK!!!!!!

However with the finances as they are I'm sure Matt won't pay out what he doesn't have coming in?

I think must be a good chance it will be Zaine Kennedy.

He was my choice originally ahead of Kelleher (who I feared was more of his own media hype than actual ability to do well in UK- His Aussie results were not inspiring either imo)). Must admit I was wrong on young Ben C and pleased I was. He looks to have a future and can cost share some of the overheads in UK with his Bro. Plus believe staying with Middlo which helps. Also young so can step up over time.

Zaine Kennedy had a good close season in Aussie also riding in the DW series. Further hints can be gleaned from reading some recent post on his twitter page where he has had the great DW helping him out giving advice etc recently. I also felt that at 21/22 he had more potential but it was Matt who wanted to go down the asset route and Zaine was not his asset. Shame as he had shown plenty of ability had unluckily missed out with an EF or fall  in the Aussie U21 final 2/3 seasons back when I believe may have been leading.

He was gutted he missed out this season as believe he had a base in UK already sorted after a decent first UK season in 2019 (2020 lost to covid), and thought he had done plenty enough in meetings to warrant a return to UK.

I may be wrong but with what Poole have to play with points wise he finished dead on 4 (like Josh Mac) in 2019 and think he could be well above that with some of the weaker bottom ends elsewhere. Especially as he would probably come in at reserve if & when Ben moves up into the first team after first GSA's.

Can some one explain why the away fixture  at Scunthorpe in a few weeks has been removed from the fixture list and no new date is set for it  ?

Thanks in advance 

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Are you sure Arthur? 

dont think he is really :t::)

17 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I think must be a good chance it will be Zaine Kennedy.

He was my choice originally ahead of Kelleher (who I feared was more of his own media hype than actual ability to do well in UK- His Aussie results were not inspiring either imo)). Must admit I was wrong on young Ben C and pleased I was. He looks to have a future and can cost share some of the overheads in UK with his Bro. Plus believe staying with Middlo which helps. Also young so can step up over time.

Zaine Kennedy had a good close season in Aussie also riding in the DW series. Further hints can be gleaned from reading some recent post on his twitter page where he has had the great DW helping him out giving advice etc recently. I also felt that at 21/22 he had more potential but it was Matt who wanted to go down the asset route and Zaine was not his asset. Shame as he had shown plenty of ability had unluckily missed out with an EF or fall  in the Aussie U21 final 2/3 seasons back when I believe may have been leading.

He was gutted he missed out this season as believe he had a base in UK already sorted after a decent first UK season in 2019 (2020 lost to covid), and thought he had done plenty enough in meetings to warrant a return to UK.

I may be wrong but with what Poole have to play with points wise he finished dead on 4 (like Josh Mac) in 2019 and think he could be well above that with some of the weaker bottom ends elsewhere. Especially as he would probably come in at reserve if & when Ben moves up into the first team after first GSA's.

Well if it is to be Zaine Kennedy, unless he's already in the UK he'll miss the Plymouth meeting on 13th due to having to hole up in a hotel for 14 days in quarantine!?

As for Ben Cook - yes he has the benefit not only being with his brother Zach at Middlo's but also the added experience of Brady Kurtz and occasionally one or both of the Holders - including helping in the pits.

Edited by Skidder1

12 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Seems riders are available that can ride in the UK ........... expect Kelleher to be "snapped up" by Kent  :rofl:

A little late. Already with Plymouth

42 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Len too slow - like me :)

Makes Paul Hurry look fast :t: