British Speedway Forum

Can't help but think Poole have made a mistake with the signing of smetana,the covid restrictions does allow him to come to England but if he returns home he has to isolate, so this to me raises questions of his commitment to Poole, Plymouth brought goret ,ruml over and they based themselves in UK in accommodation provided by the club. Zane keheler was dumped by Poole and snapped up by Plymouth which undoubtedly has made us stronger especially at home. 

17 minutes ago, arnieg said:

When he signed for Newcastle the UK was still in the EU. You may have noticed that since then we've left.

Have we :t:

7 minutes ago, lewy said:

Can't help but think Poole have made a mistake with the signing of smetana,the covid restrictions does allow him to come to England but if he returns home he has to isolate, so this to me raises questions of his commitment to Poole, Plymouth brought goret ,ruml over and they based themselves in UK in accommodation provided by the club. Zane keheler was dumped by Poole and snapped up by Plymouth which undoubtedly has made us stronger especially at home. 

The Czech covid regs changed the day after Smetana was accepted by BSPL in the Poole 1-7, hence his difficulties in travelling and meeting his Czech contracted meetings. The BSPL gave a 7-day facility which allowed r/r for the Plymouth fixture last Tuesday. It doesn't apply for the coming home fixture unless BSPl grant an extension for another rider whose paperwork is in the system(?!) so Poole will be faced with either using an NDL rider (Jake Knight or similar?) unless they manage to sign another 5 pointer in time. WATCH THIS SPACE!;)

PS if you believe Keleher was dropped solely because of his ontrack scores then I am afraid you are a little naive!!!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

The Czech covid regs changed the day after Smetana was accepted by BSPL in the Poole 1-7, hence his difficulties in travelling and meeting his Czech contracted meetings. The BSPL gave a 7-day facility which allowed r/r for the Plymouth fixture last Tuesday. It doesn't apply for the coming home fixture unless BSPl grant an extension for another rider whose paperwork is in the system(?!) so Poole will be faced with either using an NDL rider (Jake Knight or similar?) unless they manage to sign another 5 pointer in time. WATCH THIS SPACE!;)

PS if you believe Keleher was dropped solely because of his ontrack scores then I am afraid you are a little naive!!!!

It what he does on track that matters anything else is not my business. 

Good question .... maybe  thats what "is holding up the paperwork"

Not even Poole Speedway will be able to circumvent UK Border Force work permit rules...... unless he hitches a ride on an RNLI lifeboat from France to one of our beaches in Kent.

2 hours ago, lewy said:

It what he does on track that matters anything else is not my business. 

Good point. But if he has been not with the 'team spirit' and disruptive apparently, it will filter through to the rest of the team. You need everyone to be getting on to an extent. However with regards to his scores his first visit to Plymouth was better than his scores at Poole, so probably better off at Plymouth tbh! Be interesting to see what he gets when visiting Poole.

I'd be interested to know how many other options are there? I don't mind a NLD rider riding as at least it is a Brit getting more experience that they need. It may cost us a win but not if everyone else does there job. As long as Stevie sticks to his Poole form and not his BV one! ;)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Have we :t:

yes we have havent you noticed since we left everything has either gone up or is unavailable !!!

• Like 1

On 7/18/2021 at 1:40 PM, lisa-colette said:

I'd be interested to know how many other options are there? I don't mind a NLD rider riding as at least it is a Brit getting more experience that they need. It may cost us a win but not if everyone else does there job. As long as Stevie sticks to his Poole form and not his BV one! ;)

Its a bit time-sensitive - both for the line-up on Wednesday but also for the cut-off for the August averages (23rd July!!!!) when Poole will lose the 5 point option!

However I gather there is much work going on behind the scenes involving British Embassys abroad etc etc.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Its a bit time-sensitive - both for the line-up on Wednesday but also for the cut-off for the August averages (23rd July!!!!) when Poole will lose the 5 point option!

However I gather there is much work going on behind the scenes involving British Embassys etc etc.

British Embassy?? Surely it would be the Czech Embassy unless Smetana is a British citizen.

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

However I gather there is much work going on behind the scenes involving British Embassys etc etc.

I'll keep my fingers crossed then!

2 hours ago, arnieg said:

British Embassy?? Surely it would be the Czech Embassy unless Smetana is a British citizen.

:blink:

6 hours ago, arnieg said:

Its not about Smetana!!!!

29 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Dudek coming in on a 5 point average it is then…..:D:D:D

34 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Would that imply an Aussie with British ancestors?