British Speedway Forum

12 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Think there’s more chance of one league than Poole moving back up. Variety is better than seeing the same team every other week. Wouldn’t be Suprised go see a revamp this coming winter with north/south with top 4 meeting in play offs. 

But this north/south stuff his been mentioned every winter since the last 15 years or so. I'd be surprised if it ever happened. 

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Think there’s more chance of one league than Poole moving back up. Variety is better than seeing the same team every other week. Wouldn’t be Suprised go see a revamp this coming winter with north/south with top 4 meeting in play offs. 

I think that is a very fair summary SS. Poole will need to re-stock the financial coffers and also be reasonably successful in the Championship to retain their current sponsors and attract (back?) more.

Fans voted for primarily Wednesday speedway and a greater variety of opponents. The Eurosport money is not worth that much.

The Sunday fixture mentioned above is I believe on the August BH weekend with a 5pm start so should attract a bumper crowd along with all the home meetings in the school holidays will see Poole zoom up the Championship table, as many of the current top teams have ridden a load of their home meetings already and will finish their fixtures long before the play-off dates in September.

• Like 1

A win at Kent, beat Leicester on Wednesday, beat Glasgow the following week, and we will be up there. I don’t expect anything at Leicester tomorrow night though a point would be a bonus. 

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

But this north/south stuff his been mentioned every winter since the last 15 years or so. I'd be surprised if it ever happened. 

surely its a dead in the water idea as a lot if not most riders are northern based.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

A win at Kent, beat Leicester on Wednesday, beat Glasgow the following week, and we will be up there. I don’t expect anything at Leicester tomorrow night though a point would be a bonus. 

Shame we are not  riding glasgow the following wek:t::):)

Looks like Ben injured guesting for Redcar 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Taken away by ambulance. 

He walked off the track all be it very gingerly, then complained of feeling unwell, later. The county ambulance was called and while waiting for it to arrive, Ben's condition seemed to improve and he went to hospital in the paramedics car, I believe. Unfortunatly, after a great start, Ben suffered a bit of Redcaritis (enjoying himself a little too much) and whilst trying, an ambitious and spectacular pass, around the outside on Matty Wethers, got into the deep stuff, by the fence and came down.

Looks like a nasty wound top of right leg.

Might need a skin graft.

That will rule him out for a while. The one rider who was scoring big from a low average and can’t be replaced very easily. A real shame. Get well soon Ben!

Edited by Steve Shovlar

James Wright guests for Ben at Leicester.

5 hours ago, sugarray said:

Looks like a nasty wound top of right leg.

Might need a skin graft.

Yes, get well soon Ben. Has made a positive start to his adventure.

More serious for Poole is how they restructure to accommodate the new averages from next week.

This is probably of very little consolation to Poole fans but Cook was absolutely superb at a track I believe he has never seen before.