British Speedway Forum

With apologies if this has been dredged over already and this isn’t a snide or dig 

what is the ruling that allows a facility for Smetana? 

We were given an extraordinary 7 day facility which has expired. 

There is no facility now, we have to use a NL rider at No 2 until either Smetana can get here or another rider is approved.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, daz9100 said:

We were given an extraordinary 7 day facility which has expired. 

There is no facility now, we have to use a NL rider at No 2 until either Smetana can get here or another rider is approved.

Cheers 

Bickley and Bowtell are Championship riders though so is it up to a certain average or level? 

2 hours ago, gmuncie said:

Cheers 

Bickley and Bowtell are Championship riders though so is it up to a certain average or level? 

Poole couldn't revert to their previous team due to the rider being dropped signing for another team.

Sensible getting a facility (unless someone knows why the rider isn't in the country).

A silly rule is when you can get a rider who has an average about 3 points higher than the rider they are replacing.

The rule this year is you can use a guest with an average 25% under the Riders average so Smetana is on a 5 so Poole can use anyone with an average under 3.75

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

The rule this year is you can use a guest with an average 25% under the Riders average so Smetana is on a 5 so Poole can use anyone with an average under 3.75

I've not seen that, can you cite the regulation?

11 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Correct. It was quoted by Danny Ford in his public explanation of the Smetana situation after the initial 7-day facility was finished.

5 hours ago, arnieg said:

I've not seen that, can you cite the regulation?

Its another new rule without telling the fans.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Correct. It was quoted by Danny Ford in his public explanation of the Smetana situation after the initial 7-day facility was finished.

Is this actually a rule or have the management committee just permitted it citing special Covid circumstances?

7 hours ago, eric i said:

It's been in place since 2020 to stop teams having to field a NL rider if their no.1 is missing

Screenshot_2021-07-25-22-19-28-51_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

Edited by Marshall07
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/25/2021 at 3:15 PM, eric i said:

It's not a new rule. It's just never been used before.

I think the argument comes from the fact Poole have signed a ghost on an assessed average of 5.00 to replace the outgoing assessed 4.00 meaning a difference in 0.5 in obtaining a guest. If the 4.00 average was used Poole would only be allowed a 3.00 replacement under this regulation.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2021 at 10:17 PM, Marshall07 said:

It's been in place since 2020 to stop teams having to field a NL rider if their no.1 is missing

Screenshot_2021-07-25-22-19-28-51_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

So we have a rule/reg that grants a facility for the no facility scenario :rofl:

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

So we have a rule/reg that grants a facility for the no facility scenario :rofl:

There's always been a rule stating how a rider is to be replaced should none of the other facilities (and that list is long) be appropriate.

9 hours ago, Technik said:

It's not a new rule. It's just never been used before.

I think the argument comes from the fact Poole have signed a ghost on an assessed average of 5.00 to replace the outgoing assessed 4.00 meaning a difference in 0.5 in obtaining a guest. If the 4.00 average was used Poole would only be allowed a 3.00 replacement under this regulation.

The no facility rule used to be NL rider only, this is a new rule. I just wish the BSPA would issue a statement when they change the rules.