British Speedway Forum

Id rather have a contracted rider than guests. I fully appreciate the efforts of our guests, but we need stability

So far our guests have scored 5pts from 2 home meetings and 3pts from 2 away meetings.. The other away meeting we used R/R and scored 3pts.

Simply by scoring 4 or 5pts will certainly add to our firepower.

Now all we need is for Cookie to come back and ride like he did before his injury.

Things are looking much brighter

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, BobC said:

Id rather have a contracted rider than guests. I fully appreciate the efforts of our guests, but we need stability

So far our guests have scored 5pts from 2 home meetings and 3pts from 2 away meetings.. The other away meeting we used R/R and scored 3pts.

Simply by scoring 4 or 5pts will certainly add to our firepower.

Now all we need is for Cookie to come back and ride like he did before his injury.

Things are looking much brighter

Matt and Nigel have been working on this for some 3 weeks jumping through several bureaucratic hoops to finally get the signing approved. The added bonus is that there shouldn't be too many clashes with the Danish fixtures.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

What average does he arrive on? 

I would imagine 5

Benjamin Basso is a very talented young rider, got a good name there. Looking forward to watching him at Brough at the weekend on maybe the last diamonds meeting ever :sad:

I saw him at Fjelsted in 2018 or 19. Looked pretty good to me and is certainly rated.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, arnieg said:

I saw him at Fjelsted in 2018 or 19. Looked pretty good to me and is certainly rated.

One of the better u-21 Danes around at the minute

15 hours ago, PirateShip said:

14 hours ago, PirateShip said:

☠️

Edited by PirateShip

With the new averages coming in Poole had to bring somebody in as the only rider left to guest at under 3.75 would be Kyle Bickley with both Kemp & Wright now above that. I hope the Danish lad firstly turns up & then produces some good displays. I don't think he has done much outside of his homeland but reports are promising.

Has anyone else been to the weekly car shows on Poole Quay? I have been to most of them and the event is sponsored by the Poole Pirates!

Firstly I am surprised that the club has money to spare, secondly it seems a bit of a wasted opportunity. All the cars have an information sheet which they can display in their windscreen giving details about the car, at the bottom in fairly small print it says 'sponsored by Poole Pirates' There is also a banner outside the Lord Nelson but no details about where the stadium is, when the next fixture is or indeed anything about speedway! Surely if we are to be involved then someone from the club should be at least handing out leaflets to the hundreds of holidaymakers that are wandering about?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pirate Rich said:

Has anyone else been to the weekly car shows on Poole Quay? I have been to most of them and the event is sponsored by the Poole Pirates!

Firstly I am surprised that the club has money to spare, secondly it seems a bit of a wasted opportunity. All the cars have an information sheet which they can display in their windscreen giving details about the car, at the bottom in fairly small print it says 'sponsored by Poole Pirates' There is also a banner outside the Lord Nelson but no details about where the stadium is, when the next fixture is or indeed anything about speedway! Surely if we are to be involved then someone from the club should be at least handing out leaflets to the hundreds of holidaymakers that are wandering about?

The Poole Pirates you refer to are a reenactment group, dressed as Pirates who do an awful lot of charity work. 

Nothing to do with speedway, I'm afraid. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, BobC said:

The Poole Pirates you refer to are a reenactment group, dressed as Pirates who do an awful lot of charity work. 

Nothing to do with speedway, I'm afraid. 

It is the speedway! the club logo is displayed on the banner and the information sheets.

https://agilitypr.news/Poole-Pirates-Speedway-rev-up-as-new-spo-4524

Quay for my car.jpg

3 hours ago, Pirate Rich said:

It is the speedway! the club logo is displayed on the banner and the information sheets.

https://agilitypr.news/Poole-Pirates-Speedway-rev-up-as-new-spo-4524

Quay for my car.jpg

Danny Ford and helpers have had a presence there previously. Maybe with all the issues at the stadium at the moment its taking up most of his time?

The event is only on Fridays in July/August and Pirates have been due to ride away on a couple of those!

Edited by Skidder1