British Speedway Forum

35 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

There is a difference though! Premiership is full of 1,3,5 and maybe 4s of the championship. Therefore every race is a different level to championship

Of course there is a difference. But the leagues are prob the closest they have ever been. That's why lots of fans pass comments on Batch and so on if they ride in one league miles better than the other one. 

29 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Of course there is a difference. But the leagues are prob the closest they have ever been. That's why lots of fans pass comments on Batch and so on if they ride in one league miles better than the other one. 

also easier for danny king and steve worrall as well

Just read that @BobC as sadly suddenly passed away last night. 

He was a brilliant contributer to this forum and friends to many, not just at Poole but around the speedway world. 

RIP Bob 

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Sad 12

32 minutes ago, ray c said:

also easier for danny king and steve worrall as well

Well Danny King is getting high scores in both leagues so you wouldn't know there is a difference! 

11 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Just read that @BobC as sadly suddenly passed away last night. 

He was a brilliant contributer to this forum and friends to many, not just at Poole but around the speedway world. 

RIP Bob 

Oh no! RIP BobC.

• Like 1

Such sad news.  Bob was a lovely chap and a huge speedway fan and at Oxford neatly every week in 2007 when Brendan Johnson was riding for us.

Saw him at Poole just a couple of weeks ago for the Poole v Scunny meeting. RIP Bob.

• Like 2

always loved reading his post a true speedway supporter and very knowledgeable of our sport very sad RIP bobc

I was chatting to him on Friday night and he seemed fine and his usual self. I have known him for 30 years. This is a terrible shock. 

A very knowledgable and passionate speedway fan. Will be hugely missed. R.I.P. Bob.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I was chatting to him on Wednesday and he seemed fine and his usual self. I have known him for 30 years. This is a terrible shock. 

A very knowledgable and passionate speedway fan. Will be hugely missed. R.I.P. Bob.

Echo Steve's post. A lovely man and like Steve I have known Bob for about the same amount of time. He was a pleasure to talk with and he was also very knowledgeable.

He will be sadly missed .

R.I.P. Bob.

Oh no Bob seemed such a lovely guy how dreadfully sad ,always came across as a very fair minded contributor on here and most certainly a very loyal fan who clearly loved Poole RIP Bob so sad.My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

I only knew bobc, on the forum but had lots of good discussions with him. Sad news RIP BOB C

RIP Bobc

i see middlo and havelock in the pits together for the run in . i find that quite comical :party:

Edited by ray c

By my reckoning Pirates are now practically assured of a top 2 spot even with Glasgow winning at Berwick and getting 4pts. 

Tigers can only equal our 46pts but the For/Against race pts difference would av to take a massive swing for Tigers to pass us even if we were to lose to Redcar at home.......but od course we'll beat Redcar anyway so no more squeaky bums! 

I don't know if anyone else as noticed/mentioned this. 

Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

Edited by PirateShip

3 hours ago, PirateShip said:

By my reckoning Pirates are now practically assured of a top 2 spot even with Glasgow winning at Berwick and getting 4pts. 

Tigers can only equal our 46pts but the For/Against race pts difference would av to take a massive swing for Tigers to pass us even if we were to lose to Redcar at home.......but od course we'll beat Redcar anyway so no more squeaky bums! 

I don't know if anyone else as noticed/mentioned this. 

Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

Yes, looks like you are right. If points difference is still used when deciding who is above who when level on points? It could be on points scored? However if it is points difference then Glasgow currently on +88 and Poole are +192. 

• Like 1