British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes, looks like you are right. If points difference is still used when deciding who is above who when level on points? It could be on points scored? However if it is points difference then Glasgow currently on +88 and Poole are +192. 

...and one of Glasgow's remaining fixtures is home v Leicester, which could be a win to either team!

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

...and one of Glasgow's remaining fixtures is home v Leicester, which could be a win to either team!

Yes and Redcar's last home meeting too! Leicester on form at the moment, I'd say they are more likely to win at Redcar. I think Glasgow would beat them at home but will be very close!

16 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes and Redcar's last home meeting too! Leicester on form at the moment, I'd say they are more likely to win at Redcar. I think Glasgow would beat them at home but will be very close!

Hi Lisa, speedway is unpredictable and anything can happen, like Friday night at Scunthorpe. It's what happen's on the night when fortunes can change depending on riders  bike set up and track conditions.

We will be ok and who knows maybe given there is time between now and the playoffs Stefan may be able to race as he is till hopeful.

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes, looks like you are right. If points difference is still used when deciding who is above who when level on points? It could be on points scored? However if it is points difference then Glasgow currently on +88 and Poole are +192. 

Even on points scored there's no realistic way that Glasgow can catch us. 

We'll beat Redcar anyways! :party:

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Shaleshifter said:

Hi Lisa, speedway is unpredictable and anything can happen, like Friday night at Scunthorpe. It's what happen's on the night when fortunes can change depending on riders  bike set up and track conditions.

We will be ok and who knows maybe given there is time between now and the playoffs Stefan may be able to race as he is till hopeful.

If Stefan can get back in time that would be amazing! Keep my fingers crossed. But you make a very good point, I wouldn't have predicted a loss of 24 points at Scunny before the meeting started! I'm sure we will be better on a wet track when the playoffs are on the line.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

If Stefan can get back in time that would be amazing! Keep my fingers crossed. But you make a very good point, I wouldn't have predicted a loss of 24 points at Scunny before the meeting started! I'm sure we will be better on a wet track when the playoffs are on the line.

Hi Lisa, I am led to believe that Poole wanted the meeting called off at Scunthorpe on Friday. I don't know if was true or not. There was a heavy downpour of rain around 6pm and that lasted about 30 minutes. This left the track very heavy and I don't think  Poole wanted to race on it.

3 hours ago, Shaleshifter said:

Hi Lisa, I am led to believe that Poole wanted the meeting called off at Scunthorpe on Friday. I don't know if was true or not. There was a heavy downpour of rain around 6pm and that lasted about 30 minutes. This left the track very heavy and I don't think  Poole wanted to race on it.

True and after watching it they didn't race

21 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I guess you was not there Lisa as 1 poster says that you are a Poole Armchair supporter but it was a loss of 16 points(50-34). :rolleyes:

16 hours ago, Trackrat said:

Great win today for Coventry legend Chris 'Bomber' Harris in the British Masters.

It was an excellent meeting, that pulled in a big crowd.

56 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

I guess you was not there Lisa as 1 poster says that you are a Poole Armchair supporter but it was a loss of 16 points(50-34). :rolleyes:

Are you seriously complaining about me giving Scunthorpe 8 extra points! Lol. You might have to correct me on my maths so I will correct you on your english. It is 'were' not 'was.' :t:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Redcar 45 Leicester 45 tonight, does that guarantee us top 2 now 

36 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Redcar 45 Leicester 45 tonight, does that guarantee us top 2 now 

Think so.

My maths isn't brilliant but if Leicester and Glasgow both get max league points from their remaining meetings and we lose to Redcar then we should be top 2 on points difference. But need to double check the table.

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Think so.

My maths isn't brilliant but if Leicester and Glasgow both get max league points from their remaining meetings and we lose to Redcar then we should be top 2 on points difference. But need to double check the table.

Leicester and Glasgow can't both get maximum points from remaining matches as Glasgow are racing Leicester on Sunday, I think.it is safe to say that Poole will finish top and it depends what Leicester and Glasgow do in their remaining matches as to who finishes second. Can't see Redcar beating the pirates at wimbourne rd

• Thanks 1