British Speedway Forum

10 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

Leicester and Glasgow can't both get maximum points from remaining matches as Glasgow are racing Leicester on Sunday, I think.it is safe to say that Poole will finish top and it depends what Leicester and Glasgow do in their remaining matches as to who finishes second. Can't see Redcar beating the pirates at wimbourne rd

Yes you are right! I was working Glasgow and Leicester out individually, so only one can possibly get max points, like you say! :D

Idk, Redcar top 5 have been good at Poole in the past. Potential banana skin! Riders need to be focused. 

1 hour ago, Arthur54 said:

Redcar 45 Leicester 45 tonight, does that guarantee us top 2 now 

GUARANTEE'S TOP SPOT :party:

Glasgow can only match our 46 but can't overcome the For/Against that we av. But we'll beat Redcar next week at home anyway. 

Maybe we shud get the champagne out like King's Lynn did in 2018 for finishing top when they'd won NOWT.......but then maybe NOT! :rofl:

#piratepride 

C'MON THE PIRATES! 

Edited by PirateShip
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, PirateShip said:

GUARANTEE'S TOP SPOT :party:

Glasgow can only match our 46 but can't overcome the For/Against that we av. But we'll beat Redcar next week at home anyway. 

Maybe we shud get the champagne out like King's Lynn did in 2018 for finishing top when they'd won NOWT.......but then maybe NOT! :rofl:

#piratepride 

C'MON THE PIRATES! 

Leicester and Redcar could also get to 46 match points, but given the fixtures remaining and the race points difference I agree that Poole’s top spot looks pretty safe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:

Leicester and Redcar could also get to 46 match points, but given the fixtures remaining and the race points difference I agree that Poole’s top spot looks pretty safe.

Unlike fans of other clubs who in the past celebrated finishing top as winning the league title, Pirates fans understand that finishing top has no more kudos than being able to choose the opposition in a semi final.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Whoops, yep sorry Redcar can also reach 46 with getting a win & 4pts at Poole but even if they did our For/Against still wins. 

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Unlike fans of other clubs who in the past celebrated finishing top as winning the league title, Pirates fans understand that finishing top has no more kudos than being able to choose the opposition in a semi final.

Quite agree - Peterborough 2018 for example :-(

If the averages are correct Ben Basso moves to reserve for the playoffs 

16 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

If the averages are correct Ben Basso moves to reserve for the playoffs 

He does, Danyon Hume moves up into the team.

Edited by NeilWatson

17 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Not sure which averages you are looking at. In the official GSAs from 1st October Basso is not at reserve.

Yes he is as Hume is 5th in the averages and moves up into the 1-5 with Steve Worrall also going to 1.!!

Plus with Stefan Nielsen's average now at 4.79  it gives a couple more guest options if needed!!  Its a shame that the +5% home guest rule doesn't apply to reserves - although the BSPL listing (issue 22) seems to differ - unless they have relaxed this ruling for this truncated season?!

Edited by Skidder1

Tough on Danyon but he has done well this year and I would want him back next season. If Ben is fit we have a trump card at reserve for the playoffs.

• Like 1

C'mon Humey lad, u can do the bizzo! 

Basso on the Gasso, will there be enuff fuel in the pumps for his 28 play off rides??! :lol:

#PIRATEPRIDE 

1 hour ago, PirateShip said:

C'mon Humey lad, u can do the bizzo! 

Basso on the Gasso, will there be enuff fuel in the pumps for his 28 play off rides??! :lol:

#PIRATEPRIDE 

Lets hope there will be 'enuff gasso' for all riders to get to their intended destinations!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, geoff100 said:

Is their likely to be a meeting next wed  6 oct ?

I'd like to think so but unless we take the 1st leg in the semi I don't see how there can be. That's if the weather behaves over the weekend for the quarters.

Even if we get to the Final of the cup the other team won't be known until after the play offs I guess. 

Could Poole opt for another race night to get the 2nd leg at home? This may have to be done to get fixtures in. Ermmmmm, dunno, it's doing my nut in all this not knowing as I haven't been down to Poole yet this season.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Lets hope there will be 'enuff gasso' for all riders to get to their intended destinations!!!

True, folk are causing traffic problems at the top my street with queueing for petrol. Thankfully I don't drive but as you quite rightly point out riders need to get there but don't forget officials & fans av to get to meetings. Only takes one key official to be missing for a meeting to be called off. 

The news folk are to blame, wot do folk do when told not to panic......they panic because they think there will be people who panic so I better panic as well. Are we all stocked with bog rolls?? :rofl: