Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Is their likely to be a meeting next wed  6 oct ?

Highly likely to be a meeting on 6th October as Matt Ford is due over from France!!  More likely to be a play-off semi than a KO Cup 1st leg!!

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Highly likely to be a meeting on 6th October as Matt Ford is due over from France!!  More likely to be a play-off semi than a KO Cup 1st leg!!

We would have to do the 1st leg then?

On 9/27/2021 at 6:54 PM, Skidder1 said:

Yes he is as Hume is 5th in the averages and moves up into the 1-5 with Steve Worrall also going to 1.!!

Plus with Stefan Nielsen's average now at 4.79  it gives a couple more guest options if needed!!  Its a shame that the +5% home guest rule doesn't apply to reserves - although the BSPL listing (issue 22) seems to differ - unless they have relaxed this ruling for this truncated season?!

Good to see the BSPL not only replying to my email but admitting they had got it wrong and have issued a revised and corrected Issue 22 October averages!!  It was also pointed out by one of the promoters at yesterday's regular BSPL pre-AGM meeting.

Edited by Skidder1

18 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

We would have to do the 1st leg then?

It wouldn't be the first time.....!  Aside from Poole having a 'free' choice of play-off opponents, the order of fixtures will undoubtedly be down to the clubs' home race days. 

Edited by Skidder1

Which would be we would always get the 1st leg unless we change to Sunday? Or delay it to the following week to have 2nd leg at home?

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Which would be we would always get the 1st leg unless we change to Sunday? Or delay it to the following week to have 2nd leg at home?

weather situation may also have a say in whether we get a meeting next weds as well. hope so because we are away :t:

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Good to see the BSPL not only replying to my email but admitting they had got it wrong and have issued a revised and corrected Issue 22 October averages!!  It was also pointed out by one of the promoters at yesterday's regular BSPL pre-AGM meeting.

There's a mistake on the averages nearly every month!

31 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Looking at the October averages best suggestions for reserves?

Cook & Rowe are the best I can see.

Surely Rowe is ineligible as Edinburgh are still in the play-offs!!

Bickley and Ruml are other options

24 minutes ago, Supersub said:

I understood Hume has to stay at reserve all season 

I thought that was the case for rs

25 minutes ago, Supersub said:

I understood Hume has to stay at reserve all season 

Just now, ray c said:

I thought that was the case for rs

Not the case at all, just look at Leon Flint at Berwick... In the main body... Although I do agree that they should be protected at reserve, even more so next year if there's 2 RS a team

24 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Not the case at all, just look at Leon Flint at Berwick... In the main body... Although I do agree that they should be protected at reserve, even more so next year if there's 2 RS a team

Tried that before reserves were 2 "young" British riders stayed at reserve all season. As with all these fly by night ideas was binned after a season. As I remember our reserves were Lee Dicken and David mcallan.... Both closing in on 30 at the time lol

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ray c said:

weather situation may also have a say in whether we get a meeting next weds as well. hope so because we are away :t:

Every cloud.................!!:rofl:

Thought I read somewhere that Basso has a meeting in Denmark next Wednesday. Junior Championship or similar.