British Speedway Forum

17 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Won't be the first time. I saw Michael Lee win the Poole gala fair on November 5th 1983!

I must have been there cant remember though .that must have been reg fearmans time bad days

27 minutes ago, ray c said:

I must have been there cant remember though .that must have been reg fearmans time bad days

Towards the end of the Fearman era.

Danny Ford has already stated that with all the fixtures still left to complete, Poole may run one (probably Bjarne's Farewell?)in the first week of November!.

Any club is allowed to ride one meeting per month outside of the usual March-October season.  In years gone by thats how the New Year Classic was run and the odd indoor meeting (Brighton/Telford)!!

25 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Danny Ford has already stated that with all the fixtures still left to complete, Poole may run one (probably Bjarne's Farewell?)in the first week of November!.

Any club is allowed to ride one meeting per month outside of the usual March-October season.  In years gone by thats how the New Year Classic was run and the odd indoor meeting (Brighton/Telford)!!

I thought they were looking at Halloween as well 

50 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Think you'll find that the policy was one meeting per month across the whole of speedway. Given insurance issues etc I would be surprised if Poole do this.

27 minutes ago, Lord Skid said:

But Rider contracts run out 31st October every year.

think the riders insurance and race licences also 

So Zack Cook guests on Wednesday against the mystery team 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

So Zack Cook guests on Wednesday against the mystery team 

Wow, how interesting.

24 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

It can be done Ipswich rode at Coventry on the first weekend in November in 98. 

I was there. I've also been to November meetings at Belle Vue, Canterbury, Hackney, Mildenhall and Wimbledon, just from memory.

• Like 1

Think Poole should go for Edinburgh, as they will be riding Tuesday in Scotland then have to travel all day to Poole for the semi on the next day. They will be knackered. Let’s take advantage of that. Leicester are more dangerous, and should be avoided.

• Like 1

I just hope we have someone or something to race against on Wednesday coz I'm traveling down to the Pirate Ship for the 1st time this season.

If it is Leicester not Scunthorpe then the 2nd leg is pencilled in for this Saturday. Do they not realise that there is a certain meeting going on up in Manchester that day? (check Leicester website)

Hey well, it's Very annoying when Leicester is ur nearest track but u can't shout the Piirates on coz ur goin to the SON.

But then I should've checked me crystal ball when I first booked the SON way back for it's original staging.

But as Rick Frost once told me before ur a speedway supporter so should expect such thing's!

Well after this season of bizarre happenings I'm beginning to think he was right!

Edited by PirateShip